Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

would my foundation qualification jeopardise my chances in gaining a TC? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Dear all
    I did a law foundation course instead of A levels and scored 87% overall and have been accepted by SOAS for their LLB programme starting this september. I would also have completed 3 law internships in singapore by this september. My question is, if I score a high 2:1 would the foundation qualification affect my application negatively? What do they look for in first year open days and second year vacation schemes? I have rich extra circular experience on my CV ranging from orchestra to sailing and a service trip to africa and I also speak 4 UN international languages. What could I do while im in the first year of university to enhance my application for a TC in a magic/silver circle firm in the future? Thank you.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nic1)
    Dear all
    I did a law foundation course instead of A levels and scored 87% overall and have been accepted by SOAS for their LLB programme starting this september. I would also have completed 3 law internships in singapore by this september. My question is, if I score a high 2:1 would the foundation qualification affect my application negatively? What do they look for in first year open days and second year vacation schemes? I have rich extra circular experience on my CV ranging from orchestra to sailing and a service trip to africa and I also speak 4 UN international languages. What could I do while im in the first year of university to enhance my application for a TC in a magic/silver circle firm in the future? Thank you.
    No, I don't think it would matter so long as you get good grades throughout university.

As to what you can do: join some societies, maybe? Do something interesting whilst you're in London? Work for an NGO part-time if you can manage it? Anything to enhance your CV to boast legal or law-related skills.

ReputationRep:
    The foundation qualification would be looked at instead of A-levels, then?

Poll
Which pet is the best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.