Turn on thread page Beta

would my foundation qualification jeopardise my chances in gaining a TC? watch

ReputationRep:
    Dear all
    I did a law foundation course instead of A levels and scored 87% overall and have been accepted by SOAS for their LLB programme starting this september. I would also have completed 3 law internships in singapore by this september. My question is, if I score a high 2:1 would the foundation qualification affect my application negatively? What do they look for in first year open days and second year vacation schemes? I have rich extra circular experience on my CV ranging from orchestra to sailing and a service trip to africa and I also speak 4 UN international languages. What could I do while im in the first year of university to enhance my application for a TC in a magic/silver circle firm in the future? Thank you.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by nic1)
    Dear all
    I did a law foundation course instead of A levels and scored 87% overall and have been accepted by SOAS for their LLB programme starting this september. I would also have completed 3 law internships in singapore by this september. My question is, if I score a high 2:1 would the foundation qualification affect my application negatively? What do they look for in first year open days and second year vacation schemes? I have rich extra circular experience on my CV ranging from orchestra to sailing and a service trip to africa and I also speak 4 UN international languages. What could I do while im in the first year of university to enhance my application for a TC in a magic/silver circle firm in the future? Thank you.
    No, I don't think it would matter so long as you get good grades throughout university.

As to what you can do: join some societies, maybe? Do something interesting whilst you're in London? Work for an NGO part-time if you can manage it? Anything to enhance your CV to boast legal or law-related skills.

ReputationRep:
    The foundation qualification would be looked at instead of A-levels, then?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.