Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What are you listening to? Rock and metal version Watch

ReputationRep:

Great lyrics, sad they didn't use the awesome intro riff though :/

ReputationRep:
    I am so sad that My Chemical Romance has dismissed.

ReputationRep:
    ^ You're on your own

There really doesn't need to be another "what are you listening to?" thread, but as I'm here...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)
    ^ You're on your own

There really doesn't need to be another "what are you listening to?" thread
    The other one was pretty much solely popular music, so I thought something so underground as most rock and metal would be alienated and unwelcome.

ReputationRep:
    The new Killswitch Engage album. :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leighcakes)
    The new Killswitch Engage album. :love:
    Listened to this yesterday. Very impressed with how well Jesse performs on it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Devel)
    I know. It's like he never left. I was really worried I wouldn't like it but am so happy. Got my ticket to see them on May 5th, too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leighcakes)
    I know. It's like he never left. I was really worried I wouldn't like it but am so happy. Got my ticket to see them on May 5th, too!
    I was going to go to the Manchester date but can't make it. Sylosis are supporting as well who are brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    Stopped listening to them when Howard left. No one can replace him.

ReputationRep:

bezhuszs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Devel)
    Man, I'm so out of the loop when it comes to metal. I didn't realise he was back. I loved his vocals. I will have to check the new album out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMagicRat)
    Man, I'm so out of the loop when it comes to metal. I didn't realise he was back. I loved his vocals. I will have to check the new album out.
    Yeah Howard left so they got him back in. He also did an album with Adam from Killswitch with the band Times Of Grace which is worth listening to.

ReputationRep:
    Just started Black Sabbath's album Sabbath Bloody Sabbath. I'm generally not a huge fan of them (and especially not the Ozzy era), but the title track and Sabbra Caddabra are great songs, so hopefully the rest of the album lives up to them.

ReputationRep:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP5NmYMSNH0

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Devel)
    Yeah Howard left so they got him back in. He also did an album with Adam from Killswitch with the band Times Of Grace which is worth listening to.
    Yeah I gotta agree with this!

Like the New album and the TOG stuff but I'm missing the new tour

As for what I'm listening too, bit more vanilla stadium rock!!

Shinedown: Sound Of Madness album

Particularly

"I just saw Haley's Comet, she waved" :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ashir)
    Stopped listening to them when Howard left. No one can replace him.
    Well technically, Howard replaced Jesse...

Seriously man. I had the same idea - I was so worried I'd hate it. But give it a go. Really.

ReputationRep:
    Just did, and it was one of their best albums. But the music videos.... just... no.

ReputationRep:

:sogood:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.