Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Travel with someone Watch

ReputationRep:
    So yeah, I´m interested in travelling with someone, and I want it to be someone that I´ve never met before, for it to be more exciting.
    I haven´t really chosen any country to travel to since I´m quite open about the destination. I am personally only 18 years old and would therefore want to travel with someone who´s 18/19.
    I can really travel anytime between the first of may (so 1/5-13) to the first of August (1/8-13).

Preferably it´s a person who has thought about doing something like this to and have some preliminary plan on what they want to do, because I´ve never really travelled alone and I don´t know how it really all works out.
    Who you should contact etc...

Of course a group of people would be the best, but one person is good as well.

Also, I live in Sweden, and people here are quite socially akward so that is why it´s hard to meet someone with similar desires.

I´m a "mainstream" guy and therefore looking for a person who´s equally "mainstream" to hang out with. (Sounded really weird, but hopefully you get what I mean)

If there isn´t anyone here, do you recommend a place where I can find someone who wants to do this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shwareb)
    So yeah, I´m interested in travelling with someone, and I want it to be someone that I´ve never met before, for it to be more exciting.
    I haven´t really chosen any country to travel to since I´m quite open about the destination. I am personally only 18 years old and would therefore want to travel with someone who´s 18/19.
    I can really travel anytime between the first of may (so 1/5-13) to the first of August (1/8-13).

Preferably it´s a person who has thought about doing something like this to and have some preliminary plan on what they want to do, because I´ve never really travelled alone and I don´t know how it really all works out.

Also, I live in Sweden, and people here are quite socially akward so that is why it´s hard to meet someone with similar desires.

I´m a "mainstream" guy and therefore looking for a person who´s equally "mainstream" to hang out with. (Sounded really weird, but hopefully you get what I mean)

If there isn´t anyone here, do you recommend a place where I can find someone who wants to do this?
    What are your plans for travelling? Hitchhiking? Trains? Planes? How long are you wanting to travel for?

I'm going to be heading out into mainland Europe sometime after the 22nd May, probably hitchhiking for a while and using couchsurfing

ReputationRep:

Hey! As the other post says what kind of a trip do you want to do? Do you have any ideas? Location? Budget? To do's? I'm going to SE Asia on the 15th of April for 2 and a half months before heading to Australia for a month! First backpacking trip .. ahh! :L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EllaBella<3)
    Hey! As the other post says what kind of a trip do you want to do? Do you have any ideas? Location? Budget? To do's? I'm going to SE Asia on the 15th of April for 2 and a half months before heading to Australia for a month! First backpacking trip .. ahh! :L
    Well I´ve always dreamed of travelling to Australia, but I have a slight fear of flying and I don´t I´d be able to pull of that many hours in an airplane :afraid:.
    As I mentioned earlier in my first post, I haven´t planned the trip entirely, but I would probably want to visit Sydney, Melbourne and the like. Visit a zoo, see the nature (:thumbsup: but I´m very flexible if my "travel buddy" wanted to visit other places. The point with this trip is really to experience something new.
    As for budget I´m not entirely sure yet, but how much do you reckon I would need for a two week trip :confused:

Also this might sound stupid but what is a "backpacking trip"?

ReputationRep:
    Well I´ve always dreamed of travelling to Australia, but I have a slight fear of flying and I don´t I´d be able to pull of that many hours in an airplane :afraid:.
    As I mentioned earlier in my first post, I haven´t planned the trip entirely, but I would probably want to visit Sydney, Melbourne and the like. Visit a zoo, see the nature (:thumbsup: but I´m very flexible if my "travel buddy" wanted to visit other places. The point with this trip is really to experience something new.
    As for budget I´m not entirely sure yet, but how much do you reckon I would need for a two week trip :confused:

Also this might sound stupid but what is a "backpacking trip"?
    A backpacking trip is simply living out of what you can carry on your back (A whole hotel suite for some people..) and doing as much travelling/exploring as possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shezshez)
    What are your plans for travelling? Hitchhiking? Trains? Planes? How long are you wanting to travel for?

I'm going to be heading out into mainland Europe sometime after the 22nd May, probably hitchhiking for a while and using couchsurfing
    I would probably want to travel for two weeks. I prefer trains instead of airplanes because I am slightly afraid of flying but love trains!
    I would be interested in visiting mainland Europe, but are there any specific countries you would be interested in visiting?
    Also, isn´t hitchhiking a bit dangerous ? (I´ve never really travelled alone)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mockery)
    A backpacking trip is simply living out of what you can carry on your back (A whole hotel suite for some people..) and doing as much travelling/exploring as possible.
    Ah okay, but do you care to elaborate more

ReputationRep:
    Ah okay, but do you care to elaborate more
    That's basically all there is to it

Backpacking doesn't consist of making travel plans before arriving, it's more of a case of going with the flow. Spend a couple of days somewhere then jump on a bus for 12 hours and spend a couple of days somewhere completely new!

ReputationRep:
    That's basically all there is to it

Backpacking doesn't consist of making travel plans before arriving, it's more of a case of going with the flow. Spend a couple of days somewhere then jump on a bus for 12 hours and spend a couple of days somewhere completely new!
    Well that´s quite an adventurous trip ,, but is it really practical? Doesn´t one need to plan their trip to some extent? I don´t want to end up sleeping on the street :eek: ..

But it would be really cool to try something like that!

How much money would one approximately need for a two week trip, do you reckon?

ReputationRep:
    Well that´s quite an adventurous trip ,, but is it really practical? Doesn´t one need to plan their trip to some extent? I don´t want to end up sleeping on the street :eek: ..

But it would be really cool to try something like that!

How much money would one approximately need for a two week trip, do you reckon?
    Well you plan the days as you go along, so no more than 2 or 3 in advanced at any one time really. Unless you end up somewhere really remote it should be fairly easy to find a place to stay, even if it isn't the most comfortable or pleasant of places. You might find yourself sleeping rough every now and then, or using overnight buses as your bed/travel for the night.

If you go somewhere well trecked then backpacking is quite straight forward, anyone could do it, everything you need will be at your fingertips and you will be surrounded by people doing the exact same thing.

It's a rather cheap way of doing things however two weeks will not be anywhere near the duration needed to thoroughly enjoy backpacking. The costs clearly depend on where you go (so food/alcohol/accommodation costs in that area) and what activities you plan on doing. SE Asia is probably one of the cheapest places to go which is why it is so popular, as well as the stunning landscape/culture. A month here could easily be done for around £600 staying in hostels and eating from street vendors.

ReputationRep:
    Well you plan the days as you go along, so no more than 2 or 3 in advanced at any one time really. Unless you end up somewhere really remote it should be fairly easy to find a place to stay, even if it isn't the most comfortable or pleasant of places. You might find yourself sleeping rough every now and then, or using overnight buses as your bed/travel for the night.

If you go somewhere well trecked then backpacking is quite straight forward, anyone could do it, everything you need will be at your fingertips and you will be surrounded by people doing the exact same thing.

It's a rather cheap way of doing things however two weeks will not be anywhere near the duration needed to thoroughly enjoy backpacking. The costs clearly depend on where you go (so food/alcohol/accommodation costs in that area) and what activities you plan on doing. SE Asia is probably one of the cheapest places to go which is why it is so popular, as well as the stunning landscape/culture. A month here could easily be done for around £600 staying in hostels and eating from street vendors.
    Oh okay, well it seems really exciting so I´ll probably think about it very well.
    I was expecting at least £1400 for two weeks in Australia, so it´s great that you could potentially do a one month trip for only £600 (But to SE Asia instead).
    If I really push it I can really only travel between mid April to beginning of August. But that´s in like two weeks!

ReputationRep:

At the middle of April I accept Italian girl in a kind of exchange. So that later I could go to her. I live near Moscow, she lives near Rome and our towns are in the connection. May be and your Sweden town has such cities abroad.

ReputationRep:
    Are you a fan of such deals?

ReputationRep:
    Oh okay, well it seems really exciting so I´ll probably think about it very well.
    I was expecting at least £1400 for two weeks in Australia, so it´s great that you could potentially do a one month trip for only £600 (But to SE Asia instead).
    If I really push it I can really only travel between mid April to beginning of August. But that´s in like two weeks!
    Do some reading beforehand, there are plenty of very informative websites out there along with threads on here.

I'd prefer backpacking as it gives far more flexibility, also because accommodation is the most expensive part of any holiday and quite frankly all I care about is a bed and a shower.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paul PTS)
    Are you a fan of such deals?
    It's how I'm planning to spend the summer, hence why I have clued myself up on the idea

ReputationRep:
    It's how I'm planning to spend the summer, hence why I have clued myself up on the idea
    Why, you want tell me the idea, which remind the one I got my two last TSR warning points for?

ReputationRep:
    We have several serious dates this year and the next one. This year the dates concern Prishvin, Shalyapin, Rahmaninov, Makarenko. The next year - 700 years since the founder of the town was born. So the acting governor of the Moscow region Andrei Vorobyov already regular visits the city and also has lot's of nice ideas.

ReputationRep:
    The acting governor of the Moscow region Andrei Vorobyov - on the photo on the left, came up with the idea.
    http://www.sergiev-reg.ru/news/novay...ovannyi-proekt
    It was supported by local officials.
    http://www.spnasledie.ru/about/info/...phrase_id=9323
    In such a way they came to my boss (the director of the branch of one Moscow Uni), he liked the idea a lot and told me that I should take part and make the idea - reality. So as local officials helped me a lot to arrange the practice for the students of the Uni, I also must help them in their deals.

ReputationRep:
    Hey (: I'm planning to go traveling in the summer, I'd love to go to SE Asia but the flights are just a bit expensive from the UK ): I was thinking of maybe going inter rail through Europe, because you can pick up a monthly rail ticket for quite cheap.

What sort of budget were you thinking? I'm trying to raise money at the money, I really need to get a job at some point (:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CT1402)
    Hey (: I'm planning to go traveling in the summer, I'd love to go to SE Asia but the flights are just a bit expensive from the UK ): I was thinking of maybe going inter rail through Europe, because you can pick up a monthly rail ticket for quite cheap.

What sort of budget were you thinking? I'm trying to raise money at the money, I really need to get a job at some point (:
    Well, you may offer yourself as the teacher of English language or a kind of volunteer. I myself - can't teach English, I'm not a native speaker... But be sure - if I would - I could.

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.