The Student Room Group

Finding it really hard to get over my boyfriend

Me and my boyfriend split up earlier this week and I am finding it really difficult to get over him. I really really liked him I think I fell in love, he basically ended things because he doesn't feel the same (which is fair enough really) but he led me along and convinced me that he did feel the same, and had been talking to other guys online and stuff. I feel stupid getting upset over this he just seemed so nice to me before and is the first time I have really "clicked" or thought I had with someone, I feel like I'll really miss him and the idea of just remaining friends is quite a difficult one but I don't want to shut him out of my life.
The thing you can't avoid is that time is the best healer, its still fresh and raw, but it will get better. Don't think about being friends or anything, put all your efforts into the other people around you, friends and family, fill your time up and you will start to move on. There are loads of people you will meet who you will click with and have the potential of a relationship with, it didnt work out this time, you clearly have some good memories with him and can move forward the better for it.
Reply 2
what he said :yep:
Reply 3
How young are you, if I may ask?
Reply 4
Thanks guys, nearly 20 so not young, I have been in relationships before but never have felt anything like this for someone which is kinda why it's a bit hard.
Reply 5
Well, I would think "nearly 20" is still young...and it's just been very recently. Dont worry too much, it's not gonna be easy trying to get on with life when the seemingly best thing you've had is gone. But, you're gonna have to get on with it anyway so try to be at your best. Believe me (and others) please when I say there's plenty of fish in the ocean.

I can identify with you and borrowing your perspective I'd say I'd be in more trouble because I'm nearly 30 and couldnt get over my ex-bf even after 3 yrs from the break-up because I always thought he was the best I ever had, until I met this guy from Wales and he's now the best I ever had.

Point is, you'll always come to the point where you'llmeet someone you will think is the best you ever had, he may or may not stay, but, you will have to move on and keep on believing that someone is out there who's meant for you and and that one last person is going to be the best that there ever will be. :smile:
I am younger than you and have never been in a relationship but there are so many girls falling over boys (and one of them believing she was 'in love' )around me that I picked up a few things. Just whatever you do, do not gossip about him or try to seek revenge or change your number and delete him from social networking sites. Your friends might sort of encourage you to gossip but I would highly warn against it. It just stirs up more trouble. You are going to go through several stages of 'mourning' including denial, anger and sorrow. Anger is pretty bad because you might end up saying/ doing something you regret so ride out the stages and see where it takes you. Good luck! You sound more like you have been sucked up into something and spit out somewhere you don't know

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending