Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    AAArrrgh!!!!! Chem past paper plan is driving me mad! Has any one done the 17th Nov 2003 paper? Its about finding the percentage purity of magnesium ribbon and whther there are carbonates in the magnesium

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dharshika)
    AAArrrgh!!!!! Chem past paper plan is driving me mad! Has any one done the 17th Nov 2003 paper? Its about finding the percentage purity of magnesium ribbon and whther there are carbonates in the magnesium
    no, but put the question on ere and i or sumone else will do it

ReputationRep:
    Don't know about the percentage purity stuff but just by going solely on what you have said then to see if there are carbonates I would test the magnesium ribbon with an acid. That way an carbonates would react with it to make carbon dioxide which can be tested for by limewater changing from clear to murky. Sorry that's all I can think of now. You'll have to elaborate more if you want some more help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dharshika)

I've not done it and dont even have the paper. You can help a lot if u take the time to type the question for ppl to see on net. I may be able to help out

ReputationRep:
    if anyone can give me the nov 03 OMG i will be so happy !!
    if i get it ill surly solve it for u

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.