Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've had to move back in temporarily with my parents and me and my Dad just do not see eye to eye, He refuses to even speak politely to me, always has the 'you just called my mother a cow' tone of voice, like he's insulted by my very presence, he refers to me as "she" or "her" when talking about me and blames everything on me...For example he lost his car key a few weeks ago and he said to my mum "Things like this always happen when She is here" but said it in a venomous tone. He's sexist, racist, homophobic, arrogant, and thinks he is always right, and he loves bringing up these subjects knowing it makes me angry. I always try stay calm and I've explained to him that these things upset me, especially the angry tone of voice he uses with me CONSTANTLY, and he just says I'm being stupid and walks off, oh and thats another thing, he always calls me stupid or an idiot. I'm not saying he does nothing for me, he does, and I appreciate it, but he always uses it against me later. Usually in a way that makes no sense at all....for example Me: Dad you shouldn't say things like that just because someone is gay or from another country" Dad: "I DROVE YOU TO THE SHOP YESTERDAY AND YOU DIDN'T SAY THANK YOU! I'M CONSTANTLY RUNNING AROUND AFTER YOU AND YOU DON'T APPRECIATE ANY OF IT!" (I always say thank you if he gives me a lift)
    I explode from time to time..Who wouldn't? Constantly feeling unwelcome and hated by your own parent. And my mum usually always agrees with him and when I go upstairs I can hear them saying nasty things about me downstairs. How can I live with this until I can move away? Its driving me insane!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amaris-Willow)
    How can I live with this until I can move away? Its driving me insane!
    I don't know you and only have what you say to go on, but it's probably best to keep your head down even more and just forget about it. Easier said than done, but if you don't do anything at all towards it, then there's no real way to 'antagonise' the situation. Difficult to reply to, as anything you do could be seen as antagonising the situation, etc. but if you see it getting no better with your parents for the time being, consider trivialising it, that usually helps remove the stress from unbearably annoying situations

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 30, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.