The Student Room Group

How much revision are you doing over Easter?

I'm not sure how much I should be doing - at the moment, I have between 4 and 6 hours per day planned, but people are telling me that 6 hours is too much. How much are you guys doing, and what grades are you going for?

Scroll to see replies

I have a made a list for what I need to do by tuesday so I guess as much as I can without going crazy. Then I will make a new list.

I only have 3 A2 exams. Biology- aiming for full or nearly full ums. Chemistry- A grade. Maths- at least a C as this will give me an A overall.
It's 3 exams but I have learnt barely anything for all of them as the last 2-3 months have been taken up by coursework.

What are you aiming for in your exams? I think as long as the 6 hours are spread out with lots of breaks then it's fine.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Georgiecat
I'm not sure how much I should be doing - at the moment, I have between 4 and 6 hours per day planned, but people are telling me that 6 hours is too much. How much are you guys doing, and what grades are you going for?

For my A-levels i did around 6-8 hours a day. Got 2 A*s and an A (Physics, maths and Biology respectively).
For my Engineering degree i'm dong around 2-4 hours a day over the Easter holidays and i'm aiming to get a first :smile:
Reply 3
easter rev.png

I'd say too much, totalling all of those per week about hmmm 76.6 hours per week pretty much half of my week is spent revising, and the other half sleeping
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Robbie242
easter rev.png

I'd say too much, totalling all of those per week about hmmm 76.6 hours per week pretty much half of my week is spent revising, and the other half sleeping

Thats a lot of exams seeing as all the modules couldn't fit into a day lol i'm somehow revising for 7 exams each day :biggrin:
Reply 5
Aiming to do 5-6 hours a day, want to get at least B+ in all 4 A-levels.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by raiden95
Thats a lot of exams seeing as all the modules couldn't fit into a day lol i'm somehow revising for 7 exams each day :biggrin:
Yeah I got more organised this time, in January I just randomly floated around subjects and as a result I gave too much to maths but apparently not enough to econ and history, this won't happen this time... for 9 exams you really need to be organised lol. Do you do 1hour of each subject a day? for history I feel 1 hour isn't enough, so most of my 2hour sessions are dedicated to history
Reply 7
Original post by Robbie242
Yeah I got more organised this time, in January I just randomly floated around subjects and as a result I gave too much to maths but apparently not enough to econ and history, this won't happen this time... for 9 exams you really need to be organised lol. Do you do 1hour of each subject a day? for history I feel 1 hour isn't enough, so most of my 2hour sessions are dedicated to history

Its a little more than hour I don't revise citizenship at all thats just a compulsory AS, in january my organisation was perfect I even watched tv about 3 hours a day lol managed to pull top grades in the 4 exams back then. I think its a lot about organisation and committing to your goal, if you try to keep with your timetable and don't do well one day you've still done a considerable amount of work :smile:
I'm aiming for about 5 hours a day and would love to get straight As! :s

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 9
I'm pretty much working all the time, off and on. Of course I get distracted and browse the internet yadda yadda, but in an 18 hour day I squeeze a respectable amount of work out.
Reply 10
jheeeeze iv got 9exams in thr summer, 8/9 are resits and i only started revision yesterday, i aimed to do atleast 4 but managed to only do 1hhr45 minutes :frown: FML
i like revisinf for biol bt when it comes to psychology,mygaaaaaaaaaaawd,KILL MEH
I've got 13 exams (year 10 end of years)
Not sure how much I'll be doing but I know I'll be revising every day for the next 6 weeks…. :frown:
I haven't even started revision yet because the thought of revising miserably in the holidays is so daunting... but it has to be done. I'll probably force myself to revise C2 tomorrow (even this seems too early considering ALL 6 of my exams are May 17th and onwards). I did TONS of revision last time in Jan and only got AABB (wanted AAAA in all 4 exams).

I'm going to tweak my revision techniques a bit by revising less hours and working so I'm basically focusing on quality rather than quantity. I never really take time into consideration as I make a to do list then spend however long it takes to finish it.
Reply 13
I have made a revision timetable and on most days I do around 6 hours revision. Saturday is my day off :smile:
Original post by bahjat93
For my A-levels i did around 6-8 hours a day. Got 2 A*s and an A (Physics, maths and Biology respectively).
For my Engineering degree i'm dong around 2-4 hours a day over the Easter holidays and i'm aiming to get a first :smile:

thats the grades im aiming to get!! when did you start your revision? im nearly finished with my revision notes (flashcards, highlighting etc) but want to start proper revising next werk

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rumaanaa
jheeeeze iv got 9exams in thr summer, 8/9 are resits and i only started revision yesterday, i aimed to do atleast 4 but managed to only do 1hhr45 minutes :frown: FML
i like revisinf for biol bt when it comes to psychology,mygaaaaaaaaaaawd,KILL MEH

are you doing ocr a2 ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
This year I have 8 uni exams. I want to try and do 7+ hours of solid work a day (go back for final semester 29th April) and in preparation for exams that start on the 9th May :eek:
Reply 17
Original post by Secretnerd123
thats the grades im aiming to get!! when did you start your revision? im nearly finished with my revision notes (flashcards, highlighting etc) but want to start proper revising next werk

Posted from TSR Mobile

I personally aimed to be finish with any exam i was going to be doing a month before it was actually going to happen.
So make sure you are hitting the 90%+ mark a month before your exam and you'll be fine :tongue:.
I revised through out the year, but two months before the exam i started doing 6-8 hours of revision a day.
Reply 18
I'm doing my revision everyday for the sciences and maths, I usually revise for 35 minutes then a 15 minute rest:P it helps information get into my small brain easier:smile: oh! And I ordered flash cards which are useful as I can write specific points, or questions on them:biggrin:
Loads. Got a bit lazy after the Jan exams so hoping to regain my revision form. So far I've done 7 hours on Friday. 5 on Saturday and 8 on Sunday.

Hoping that I can get into my first choice uni. For those in A2: come on guys! Its our last chance!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending