Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I'm meant to be booking my theory test today, but I'm still really nervous. I've been learning to drive for a year and I want to be finished by May, but I'm not good at the theory questions. Can anyone help me with what the most common ones are or what you found most difficult? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladybex1994)
    I'm meant to be booking my theory test today, but I'm still really nervous. I've been learning to drive for a year and I want to be finished by May, but I'm not good at the theory questions. Can anyone help me with what the most common ones are or what you found most difficult? Thanks!
    I personally find the questions about hand signs like what one means turn left, right etc.. Or stuff about the tyre tread. If you google it you can do more practice tests to see what comes up most often

ReputationRep:
    Well I recently passed I passed first time too but I didn't use the books, I bought a theory test for my laptop from amazon if you haven't already got one!

It has the highway code and the theory test book already on it and I literally practiced the questions (official style so very similar to ones you will get in the real test) over and over again. I pretty much learned my theory test this way as I learn through doing, not reading.
    It also had practical driving advice on there where you could watch clips of how to reverse etc to refresh your practical skills memory but I didn't really use this. It also had the hazard perception which was really important and the clips were again, virtually the same style as ones you get in real test!
    Highly recommend!

ReputationRep:
    Do you have an iPad? I downloaded the free AA theory test app and it helped me so much that I passed! I even had a few of the same questions in my actual test.

ReputationRep:
    Try and take a practice test online: http://www.safedrivingforlife.info/p...sts_car_1.html

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!! All of this is really helpful!! Unfortunately I don't have an iPad but I'm sure there's app for my phone I might be able to use

ReputationRep:
    You don't need an iPad for the link I provided

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Get the official DSA theory test dvd.

Name:  $(KGrHqFHJEgFEnN9muSZBRLTV-(!HQ~~48_79.JPG
Views: 64
Size:  34.0 KB

and just keep practicing questions. I remember when I was doing it I practiced so much I know the answer to a question I partially read. Once you start averaging scores of 47-50 you're ready for the test.

ReputationRep:
    Driving Test Success

Buy this, you won't regret it. It cost me about £15. Seriously brilliant piece of software. It covers EVERYTHING. Theory, it has lots of random tests, like the official ones, keep going through them and you'll learn the answers in no time. Also, you can select certain weaknesses to work on (e.g. safety margins) and such. It's great.

Then it helps with the hazard perception test so much. I passed my theory with 47/50 on multi choice and 63/75 on the hazard perception, so it is great.

It even includes show me tell me stuff for you to learn and practice through the software, even has a driving practical test video so you know exactly what to expect on the day!

It's a great piece of kit for the price it is

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.