Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Don't you agree that having a hangover is one of the worst feelings in the world? I feel so disgusting at the momemt, drinking some ice cold coke to try and cure myself.

Anyone got some tips on how to make myself feel better?

ReputationRep:
    I've heard that orange juice helps, something to do with the Vitamin C. Also, do not use Paracetamol, Ibuprofen, or an any other painkiller like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Dragonborn)
    I've heard that orange juice helps, something to do with the Vitamin C. Also, do not use Paracetamol, Ibuprofen, or an any other painkiller like that.
    I have no juice, will eating an orange have the same affect?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinda.college)

I suppose so. Oranges contain orange juice, after all.

ReputationRep:
    Water and sugar is what you want - coke will help with the sugar but not so sure whether it's the best source of water

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear, you are in a bad state

My dad(!) advised me to eat lots of dry toast (no butter, no marg, no toppings). He claims it mops up the crap in your stomach that would otherwise make you barf, and shifts it through your system quicker. I haven't tried it myself, but I mentioned it to a couple of mates who were in your situation, and they said it helped a bit. It's cheap, it's easy, and there's no apparent downside.

ReputationRep:
    Milk.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    Don't you agree that having a hangover is one of the worst feelings in the world? I feel so disgusting at the momemt, drinking some ice cold coke to try and cure myself.

Anyone got some tips on how to make myself feel better?
    It's up there tbh... The last hangover I had was absolutely biblical. I lost an entire day as a result. The trick is to avoid getting one in the first place. Drink literally pints of water throughout the evening. You'll be pissing like a racehorse all evening, but I'd prefer to have to go to the bog on an hourly basis than wake up feeling like I've got a sledgehammer in my right temple.

ReputationRep:
    The Russians have another trick where they drink more alcohol - whule the body is busy dealing with this new alcohol, it forgets about the hangover. I wouldn't do this myself however, seems rather foolish to me.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 30, 2013
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.