Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys whats up with psychology??? i mean i learn all the content and know all studies/methodology but in the exam the mark schemes are completely different? i memories everything in detail but end up with B's? i look at the mark schemes and there are some different studies compared to the book wtf? btw i need to get 2 a's in the 2 big modules PSY2 and PSY4 any tips? i got B in PSY1 and A in PSY3 small units but even still i revised all studies/methodology should of been both high A'S but just scrapped and the boundaries were really low aswell... wtf is up with psychology?!

ReputationRep:
    any1 else do psycho

ReputationRep:
    The markscheme for long answer questions are pretty broad and vague. Its all about the structure and whether you have sustained an argument ect. I had this issue too - work on exam technique. Especially in those 'apply' questions when they give you scenarios. You really have to get into the psyche of the examiner. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya8D)
    The markscheme for long answer questions are pretty broad and vague. Its all about the structure and whether you have sustained an argument ect. I had this issue too - work on exam technique. Especially in those 'apply' questions when they give you scenarios. You really have to get into the psyche of the examiner. Good luck
    hey cheers, which psychology modules are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craming Revision)
    hey cheers, which psychology modules are you doing?
    I'm in year 12 and we've almost finished PSYA2. I prefer PSYA2 to PSYA1, its more interesting and relatable to real life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya8D)
    I'm in year 12 and we've almost finished PSYA2. I prefer PSYA2 to PSYA1, its more interesting and relatable to real life
    edexcel? maybe we can help each other im retaking unit 2 i got a C first time and need A for uni need to get 85% in both big modules :/ im finding it really hard atm unit 4 has alot of content

ReputationRep:
    edexcel? maybe we can help each other im retaking unit 2 i got a C first time and need A for uni need to get 85% in both big modules :/ im finding it really hard atm unit 4 has alot of content
    PSYA1 and PSYA2 are AQA not Edexcel.

ReputationRep:
    Oh sorry I'm doing AQA! I'm not sure what topics edexcel covers. Your bound to find an edexcel buddy around here somewhere! Good luck, I'm sure you'll smash it

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.