Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Sex on the first day we met Watch

Ok, Im not a slut, and am actually a professional (career-wise). I'm Asian and I met this white guy from another continent and had sex with him that night we met. I havent had sex in a decade because I choose my affairs well (I guess after this I should say "I used to")...but I got really attracted to him and now crazy about thoughts of him. We've only had one day to spend together, and our hope is only technology moving forward because he already left for home.

I could use some advice--should I keep communicating with this guy, even only on the internet, or should I stop even trying to dream about something more that's gonna happen? Or should I just let things unfold?

Also, does that qualify as a one-night stand (I shudder at the thought yet I still like this guy and would do it again given the chance)...And is it even acceptable in the UK?

ReputationRep:
    Are you married? Just asking because you referred to it as 'affairs'. But yes, technically that is already a one night stand and some people do it all the time although personally I would never do that due to culture and personal views. It is not illegal or against the law in the UK and sometimes it happens to good people so you sound like you really fell for him. If you know his name then search him up on social networking sites if you know where he works etc search the company up.

ReputationRep:
    yeah its a one night stand so i really doubt hes looking for more than that

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a successful hit and run

ReputationRep:
    You hadn't had sex for a decade yet gave it all up for a guy in a day...was the guy Brad Pitt by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ice Constricter)
    You hadn't had sex for a decade yet gave it all up for a guy in a day...was the guy Brad Pitt by any chance?
    :teehee:

I'm questioning her "strong will" too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kka25)
    :teehee:

I'm questioning her "strong will" too
    Tbh, I wanna meet this guy who made her give it up in one night after a 10 year long abscence from sex! Goddamn he must have really really impressed her!! :eek: :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ice Constricter)
    Tbh, I wanna meet this guy who made her give it up in one night after a 10 year long abscence from sex! Goddamn he must have really really impressed her!! :eek: :sexface:
    I know right? Those 10 years... wow, those guys must be "low-level" to her "standards" and for her to just "give it all away" for one guy; must be a stallion! :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Also, does that qualify as a one-night stand (I shudder at the thought yet I still like this guy and would do it again given the chance)...And is it even acceptable in the UK?

Is it acceptable in the UK ? Are you serious ? I'd be interested to know if anyone on TSR can say they don't know anyone who's had a one night stand.

Yes it qualifies as a one night stand no matter how you spin it.

You seem to be trying to sugar coat it. Why bother ? You met a guy you liked and had fun. What's wrong with that ?

Asian girls have one night stands as well. The ones I know just have to be more careful about making sure word doesn't get around. In my experience other asian people of a similar age are fine with it. You just have to worry about some of the older generations. I'm guessing you know this. It's not going to get around because the guys far away.

Move on.

ReputationRep:
    I'm curious how old you are? Like, if you last had sex when you were 20 that would make you 30 now. What 30-year-old doesn't know when they've had a one night stand?!

If you two continue to talk online it isn't a one night stand or if you have him on FB is slightly less like a one night stand. If you don't become FB friends as A)You don't know his surname B) He doesn't accept it's a one night stand and can't be anything else

If you talk, and then maybe meet up at a later date it isn't.

I'm sure we've all done worse

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it's a ONS, and no I don't think you should really continue to communicate with the guy, unless he's equally as interested in you. You're probably only having wild thoughts about him because you had sex with him after ten years of celibacy.

ReputationRep:
    K u d o s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Ok, Im not a slut, and am actually a professional (career-wise). I'm Asian and I met this white guy from another continent and had sex with him that night we met.
    Why so defensive? And you seem to be implying that promiscuity is reserved to those who aren't professionals... not true... And what has your race got to do with it...? I know that you and him being from different continents is basically the crux of your problem, but has your race and his actually got anything to do with it?

Ok, all that aside, you need to forget this guy. He lives a very long way from you, and if you communicate with him online you'll probably develop feelings for him. Has he shown great interest in staying in touch? It's quite possible that your 10 year abstinence has made this experience all the more potent.

(Original post by Annuhlees)
    I'm curious how old you are? Like, if you last had sex when you were 20 that would make you 30 now. What 30-year-old doesn't know when they've had a one night stand?!

If you two continue to talk online it isn't a one night stand or if you have him on FB is slightly less like a one night stand. If you don't become FB friends as A)You don't know his surname B) He doesn't accept it's a one night stand and can't be anything else

If you talk, and then maybe meet up at a later date it isn't.

I'm sure we've all done worse
    Thanks this is helpful...I'm now 25 (too old to be knowing too little?) and first (and last) did it when I was 17 (so, sorry that's not exactly a decade--just almost).

We still talk on a regular basis, yes we've become friends online and of course I know his surname and what he does. Part of me thinks we were just unfortunate we didn't have more time, but I really did like this guy.

Part of me thinks what we did was 'unacceptable' and the way I see it, other people can be really judgmental (even here). And I think you're right--another can do worse. Thanks, really.

(Original post by Climbontoyourseahorse)
    Why so defensive? And you seem to be implying that promiscuity is reserved to those who aren't professionals... not true... And what has your race got to do with it...? I know that you and him being from different continents is basically the crux of your problem, but has your race and his actually got anything to do with it?

Ok, all that aside, you need to forget this guy. He lives a very long way from you, and if you communicate with him online you'll probably develop feelings for him. Has he shown great interest in staying in touch? It's quite possible that your 10 year abstinence has made this experience all the more potent.

because people can be judgmental and I just wanted to prevent some others from jumping into conclusions, I guess? he did show some great interest in keepin in touch...& also, I'm not much into the act itself; I really chose the ones I'd have sex with...and I just really, really happened to like this guy so much (not because he looks like Brad Pitt to answer the other's question, and no, he doesn't actually look like Brad Pitt). For me (at least) it wasn't for pleasure (after that long I wouldn't expect myself to enjoy it that much, plus it did hurt big time it was like doing it the first time again--*such irony*), but I really liked the intimacy...and even now that we're apart he says he'd like to know me better. tbh im so scared i might end up building false hopes, but id also not want to build 'what-ifs' esp if there could be something more. forgive me for the dramaaa. can i blame cupid's arrow?!?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 1, 2013
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.