Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys i thought id start a new thread for the Applied ICT exam in summer!

ReputationRep:
    here guys this is the scenario for the Unit 7 exam
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf Unit 7 scenario.pdf (94.5 KB, 1742 views)

ReputationRep:
    Hi dillion, Please could you upload the As level applied ICT unit 3 scenario as as well! thank you
    Much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    I dont think they have been released yet... ill upload them when i find them

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys, me and my class are going to get the scenario on Thursday. Are you sure that the scenario you have posted is the correct one?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who knows how to put sequential numbers for the student id?????

ReputationRep:
    hello, i am new to this lol

ReputationRep:
    Hahah me2.. This unit looks hard.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dillon81)
    I dont think they have been released yet... ill upload them when i find them
    Thank you for your assistance dillion81. Much appreciated. One thing i have got to ask you, Did the unit 7 scenario come with the practise files? If so please upload them cos its really hard to understand it atm :/
    Thanks again! much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strugglestudent)
    Hey Guys, me and my class are going to get the scenario on Thursday. Are you sure that the scenario you have posted is the correct one?
    Hey strugglestudent!..Please do upload them if you get them!.your far to kind! much appreciated for the help
    Thanks alot!

ReputationRep:
    Any progress on this exam?

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone...apparently we won't get any data related to the exam for practice but what we did was use data sheets from before or even make new ones to practice on.

ReputationRep:
    Havent got any data files yet, my teacher says that theyll usually are released tomorrow... if there is any datafiles ill upload them

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone...apparently we won't get any data related to the exam for practice but what we did was use data sheets from before or even make new ones to practice on.
    How come we won't get any data? And what do you actually do in unit 7? Because we haven't done anything in school yet... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    This unit does look hard, my teacher said 4 tables will need to be made in access
    i have no idea what goes on them...

I just had ict and we attempted the first question
    Obviously for adding a new student you'll need a students table this has to be made in access too
    For the students table, you need the following fields:

ID
    Student Name
    DOB

create a table called tbl_students and have the id as the primary key, make that a field size of 6 (must be required) The id also needs an input mask which will be LL0000 (because it has to be a mix of letters and numbers)

The Students Name will need to be text and the field size needs to be 50 (must be required)
    The DOB needs to be Date/Time and this must be validated to #01/09/1994##01/09/1999# << not too sure if thats correct
    that's all we got up to in todays lesson, ill continue after mondays lesson hope this helps...

ReputationRep:
    well basically we came up with 3 tables because we thought of only making the neccessary ones, tblstudents, tblfitness and tblresults. We could be wrong but we've started to create a macro using an append query to generate a new student ID. I will too have an ICT on monday and should find out more.

ReputationRep:
    well basically we came up with 3 tables because we thought of only making the neccessary ones, tblstudents, tblfitness and tblresults. We could be wrong but we've started to create a macro using an append query to generate a new student ID. I will too have an ICT on monday and should find out more.
    We too came up with these tables, we have also made the same macro as your class.
    i dont really understand the macro.. and also i have forgotten how to create it, will update monday tho

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone! Just found out that the Unit 7 Pre-release data files are going to be out on 26th april!. So contact your teachers for further info. The unit 3 pre-release data files are out since yesterday!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akshar007)
    Hey everyone! Just found out that the Unit 7 Pre-release data files are going to be out on 26th april!. So contact your teachers for further info. The unit 3 pre-release data files are out since yesterday!
    I didn't think there was any pre-release files?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah same, we were told there are no pre-release data files :s

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.