Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi, i just wanted 2 no wot a level subjects r u spose 2 do if u want 2 do dentistry cos im doin, chem, biology, pychology n spanish, do i hav 2 do maths?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingpong)
    No.

Although Chem, Bio & Psychology/Spanish aren't the perfect A level combination, so maths would probably be preferable.
    do maths instead of psychology

ReputationRep:
    wot if im reli crap @ maths!!
    wont chemistry n maths be reli hard 2 take n dats y i wantd 2 do spanish insted cos its easier. will it mata that much if i dnt do maths

ReputationRep:
    As long as you have both chemand biol they don't really mind what the third a level is in.

ReputationRep:
    this is true. my third is religious studies for ****s sake, and i got offers from manchester and leeds. if your third is dodgy subject they just ask for a in chem or bio.

ReputationRep:
    dont bloody do maths -its a waste of time. i did it at AS -found it realy hard and didnt even need it for dentistry. im doing psych , biol and chem. unis definatly prefer u to have a different subject alonside biol and chem. if u cant do maths dont do it- u certainly dont need it.
    m xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the tooth fairy)
    dont bloody do maths -its a waste of time. i did it at AS -found it realy hard and didnt even need it for dentistry. im doing psych , biol and chem. unis definatly prefer u to have a different subject alonside biol and chem. if u cant do maths dont do it- u certainly dont need it.
    m xx
    Yep, I had exactly the same problem with maths! Where have you applied to tooth fairy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the tooth fairy)
    m xx

Maths is great, Decision and discrete is solid

i did full a levels in Physics Chemistry and Computing, got 4 out of 4 offers

also did an AS in Maths in year 11
    D+D rocks =PP Kruskall's algorithm alla way!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    yeh applied to sheff, leeds, manch and newc.got all 4 but going to sheff hopefully. anybody else going to sheffield in sept?applied for accom a d where?
    M xx

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 24, 2004
Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.