Want to go to Bristol Uni.....for a strange reason. Watch

Ross Kemp
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Because 'skins' was set there. Is this a weird reason to want to go to a university?
Origami Bullets
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes. And quite apart from anything else, having grown up in Bristol, I can assure you that the city isn't quite as Skins made it out to be. It's still a great city, but I don't think anyone spent their sixth form years as the characters of Skins did.
Ross Kemp
Rep:
?
Darn.
moonkatt
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Bristol does look like an interesting place to live.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Psyk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's a weird reason. It probably won't be anything like Skins at all. But still, you might be happy with the end result anyway. I enjoyed it there.

(Original post by Origami Bullets)
Yes. And quite apart from anything else, having grown up in Bristol, I can assure you that the city isn't quite as Skins made it out to be. It's still a great city, but I don't think anyone spent their sixth form years as the characters of Skins did.
I remember once when I met someone I told her I went to uni in Bristol and she asked if it was like Skins It really wasn't.
miser
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I went to uni in Bristol. It's not really like Skins though you may recognise some of the locations. I used to live next to the weird white tower thing (some kind of mobile phone mast maybe?) that was in the intro.
Ross Kemp
Rep:
?
I have a offer from Oxford so I will probably go there, Bristol is a good alternative though. and a very interesting city, and, no offence, but, I don't believe people that say it isn't like skins. Must have been a reason to set it there.
a5000
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Ross Kemp)
I have a offer from Oxford so I will probably go there, Bristol is a good alternative though. and a very interesting city, and, no offence, but, I don't believe people that say it isn't like skins. Must have been a reason to set it there.
They had to set it somewhere, and it could have been for any number of reasons. I doubt that Bristol is like how it is portrayed in Skins
Origami Bullets
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by miser)
I went to uni in Bristol. It's not really like Skins though you may recognise some of the locations. I used to live next to the weird white tower thing (some kind of mobile phone mast maybe?) that was in the intro.
They filmed it at my school once. Beat that!
cambio wechsel
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I have a offer from Oxford so I will probably go there
I strongly advise that you don't watch either of Morse or Lewis, then. You'll grow convinced it's the murder capital of the UK.
ThermeDynamik
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by cambio wechsel)
I strongly advise that you don't watch either of Morse or Lewis, then. You'll grow convinced it's the murder capital of the UK.
Thankfully there isn't a University of Midsomer...

Posted from TSR Mobile
miser
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Origami Bullets)
They filmed it at my school once. Beat that!
I can't beat it, though Tony Holt once visited my uni. And in the 3rd season there was that girl who killed herself on E in a nightclub, which was Syndicate which I've obviously been to.

Edit: Oh and IIRC a friend of mine in first year was an extra in it.
Psyk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Well Bristol's as good a place as any to set it. I don't suppose Bristol's drug culture is particularly different to any other UK city.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (234)
27.34%
No (622)
72.66%

Watched Threads