Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Want to go to Bristol Uni.....for a strange reason. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Because 'skins' was set there. Is this a weird reason to want to go to a university?

ReputationRep:
    Yes. And quite apart from anything else, having grown up in Bristol, I can assure you that the city isn't quite as Skins made it out to be. It's still a great city, but I don't think anyone spent their sixth form years as the characters of Skins did.

ReputationRep:
    Darn.

ReputationRep:
    Bristol does look like an interesting place to live.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's a weird reason. It probably won't be anything like Skins at all. But still, you might be happy with the end result anyway. I enjoyed it there.

(Original post by Origami Bullets)
    Yes. And quite apart from anything else, having grown up in Bristol, I can assure you that the city isn't quite as Skins made it out to be. It's still a great city, but I don't think anyone spent their sixth form years as the characters of Skins did.
    I remember once when I met someone I told her I went to uni in Bristol and she asked if it was like Skins It really wasn't.
    • Section Leader
    • Political Ambassador
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    I went to uni in Bristol. It's not really like Skins though you may recognise some of the locations. I used to live next to the weird white tower thing (some kind of mobile phone mast maybe?) that was in the intro.

ReputationRep:
    I have a offer from Oxford so I will probably go there, Bristol is a good alternative though. and a very interesting city, and, no offence, but, I don't believe people that say it isn't like skins. Must have been a reason to set it there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ross Kemp)
    I have a offer from Oxford so I will probably go there, Bristol is a good alternative though. and a very interesting city, and, no offence, but, I don't believe people that say it isn't like skins. Must have been a reason to set it there.
    They had to set it somewhere, and it could have been for any number of reasons. I doubt that Bristol is like how it is portrayed in Skins

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miser)
    I went to uni in Bristol. It's not really like Skins though you may recognise some of the locations. I used to live next to the weird white tower thing (some kind of mobile phone mast maybe?) that was in the intro.
    They filmed it at my school once. Beat that!

ReputationRep:
    I have a offer from Oxford so I will probably go there
    I strongly advise that you don't watch either of Morse or Lewis, then. You'll grow convinced it's the murder capital of the UK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambio wechsel)
    I strongly advise that you don't watch either of Morse or Lewis, then. You'll grow convinced it's the murder capital of the UK.
    Thankfully there isn't a University of Midsomer...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader
    • Political Ambassador
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Origami Bullets)
    They filmed it at my school once. Beat that!
    I can't beat it, though Tony Holt once visited my uni. And in the 3rd season there was that girl who killed herself on E in a nightclub, which was Syndicate which I've obviously been to.

Edit: Oh and IIRC a friend of mine in first year was an extra in it.

ReputationRep:
    Well Bristol's as good a place as any to set it. I don't suppose Bristol's drug culture is particularly different to any other UK city.

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.