Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi, are there any out there already studying Law (preferably M100) care to take the time to share what grades they got at A level to get in. I know they say A*AA but a friend told me that with so many applicants they only really consider A*A*A*. Would like to know if there is any truth to that and also how is the work load there and the student life? Thanks
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    I came to study law in 2010. I did the IB instead of A-Levels and I had 41 points.

According to some conversion formulae, that's like getting 5As at A-Level. It's about 632 UCAS points according to the tariff tables if that helps.

Most people on my course have very mixed results: I recently met a girl a year below me who had done 8 or 9 A-Level subjects and gotten a mix of A*s, As and Bs. Other people I know have done 4, 5 and 6 A-Levels and gotten AAAAAA predictions and better.

Then there are people who did the exact minimum, 3 A-Levels, and got in anyway.

It's more than just grades, mate. Your Personal Statement and teacher recommendation play a huge role as well.

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.