Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers) watch

• View Poll Results: What did you think about the first storyline of series 9?
    Excellent
    0%
    Good
    0%
    Average
    0%
    Poor
    0%
    Awful
    0%

(Original post by montstar)
    I made this fan photo of Peter Capaldi of the Doctor. Someone else probably could've done it better as my photoshop skills aren't that great, but I hope you guys like it anyway.

So what do you think? Does he make a convincing Doctor? I can't wait till we see him!
    Looks good So excited for the regeneration

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maid Marian)
    Looks good So excited for the regeneration
    Thanks Same! I can't wait to find out what sort of Doctor he'll be

ReputationRep:
    Looking forward to seeing an older Doctor!

Just rewatched The Fires of Pompeii and will be rewatching Children of Earth next week. Anyone else ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by classicnut)

Just rewatched The Fires of Pompeii and will be rewatching Children of Earth next week. Anyone else ?

(Original post by EierVonSatan)
    On my list of things to do :yes:
    Surely that just screws up your perception of him as the new Doctor? Try to forget his roles in them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by classicnut)

Yay to Pompeii but neigh to Children of Earth. I'll watch some clips with him in but I don't care for Torchwood much. I'm pretty stoked though to see him :yep:

Jw, has he done any post-announcement interviews yet or are they saving them all? I haven't seen any as of yet outside of the programme itself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IMakeSenseToNone)
    Yay to Pompeii but neigh to Children of Earth. I'll watch some clips with him in but I don't care for Torchwood much. I'm pretty stoked though to see him :yep:

Jw, has he done any post-announcement interviews yet or are they saving them all? I haven't seen any as of yet outside of the programme itself.
    He sid the one on the show thats been ot so far-probably waiting till after hes started actually filming his first series. And I didnt care much for torchwood and the last series made cooperatively with usa tv channel was abit too americanised in a bad way-for me however Children of Earth is one you really should watch great BBC drama even wothout the torchwood connection. Really well written etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by extermin8or)
    He sid the one on the show thats been ot so far-probably waiting till after hes started actually filming his first series. And I didnt care much for torchwood and the last series made cooperatively with usa tv channel was abit too americanised in a bad way-for me however Children of Earth is one you really should watch great BBC drama even wothout the torchwood connection. Really well written etc.
    Alright-y then i'll give it a go, it certainly looks depressing enough for my tastes. I think I gave up after about three episodes so chances are it was much better by the end anyway. Many thanks :^_^:

ReputationRep:
    There are some episodes of doctor who free on itunes!!! check them out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rajvir)
    There are some episodes of doctor who free on itunes!!! check them out
    Thanks! Will have a look later on when I'm on my laptop...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)

Like a ****ing actor.
    bit late but relax, it was clearly a reference to Malcom Tucker

ReputationRep:
    Mr Capaldy was marvellous in Lair Of the White Worm with Mr Grant.

ReputationRep:
    Really looking forward to this.

ReputationRep:
    We need Russel back!! Moffats story lines arent the best!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    Mr Capaldy was marvellous in Lair Of the White Worm with Mr Grant.
    ...There is a Ken Russel horror film out there with Peter Capaldi and Hugh Grant?

My dear sir I believe I could kiss you.

ReputationRep:

This was actually found a few days back but i'm always fairly slow on the upkeep. Aint it just wonderful*? :awesome:

*And by wonderful I mean horrifying.

(Original post by IMakeSenseToNone)

This was actually found a few days back but i'm always fairly slow on the upkeep. Aint it just wonderful*? :awesome:

*And by wonderful I mean horrifying.
    That is so creeeeepy! I love Capaldi

ReputationRep:
    Superb choice of the doctor. I didn't want it to be some guys hormonal guys 'swoon' over like headless hens.

Very excited now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mistee M)
    We need Russel back!! Moffats story lines arent the best!
    +1

ReputationRep:
    Maybe the poll could be changed to "what do you think to the casting choice" ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scapepower)
    Superb choice of the doctor. I didn't want it to be some guys hormonal guys 'swoon' over like headless hens.

Very excited now.
    What a weird comment to get cheaply negged over :erm: -resets the balance-

I don't think though that Doctor Who fans are quite as creepy in their swooning as in other fanbases, type Johnlock into google without safesearch for details. It's just a fanbase full of hipsters bsaically

(Original post by Maid Marian)
    That is so creeeeepy! I love Capaldi
    He's a pretty darn good drawer even if it looks like a bad David lynch dream. You know I really hope they bring back Confidential, DW won't be the same without getting to see him fanboy out on set :grumble:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.