Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers) Watch

• View Poll Results: What did you think about the first storyline of series 9?
    Excellent
    0%
    Good
    0%
    Average
    0%
    Poor
    0%
    Awful
    0%

(Original post by montstar)
    I made this fan photo of Peter Capaldi of the Doctor. Someone else probably could've done it better as my photoshop skills aren't that great, but I hope you guys like it anyway.

So what do you think? Does he make a convincing Doctor? I can't wait till we see him!
    Looks good So excited for the regeneration

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maid Marian)
    Looks good So excited for the regeneration
    Thanks Same! I can't wait to find out what sort of Doctor he'll be

ReputationRep:
    Looking forward to seeing an older Doctor!

Just rewatched The Fires of Pompeii and will be rewatching Children of Earth next week. Anyone else ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by classicnut)

Just rewatched The Fires of Pompeii and will be rewatching Children of Earth next week. Anyone else ?

(Original post by EierVonSatan)
    On my list of things to do :yes:
    Surely that just screws up your perception of him as the new Doctor? Try to forget his roles in them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by classicnut)

Yay to Pompeii but neigh to Children of Earth. I'll watch some clips with him in but I don't care for Torchwood much. I'm pretty stoked though to see him :yep:

Jw, has he done any post-announcement interviews yet or are they saving them all? I haven't seen any as of yet outside of the programme itself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IMakeSenseToNone)
    Yay to Pompeii but neigh to Children of Earth. I'll watch some clips with him in but I don't care for Torchwood much. I'm pretty stoked though to see him :yep:

Jw, has he done any post-announcement interviews yet or are they saving them all? I haven't seen any as of yet outside of the programme itself.
    He sid the one on the show thats been ot so far-probably waiting till after hes started actually filming his first series. And I didnt care much for torchwood and the last series made cooperatively with usa tv channel was abit too americanised in a bad way-for me however Children of Earth is one you really should watch great BBC drama even wothout the torchwood connection. Really well written etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by extermin8or)
    He sid the one on the show thats been ot so far-probably waiting till after hes started actually filming his first series. And I didnt care much for torchwood and the last series made cooperatively with usa tv channel was abit too americanised in a bad way-for me however Children of Earth is one you really should watch great BBC drama even wothout the torchwood connection. Really well written etc.
    Alright-y then i'll give it a go, it certainly looks depressing enough for my tastes. I think I gave up after about three episodes so chances are it was much better by the end anyway. Many thanks :^_^:

ReputationRep:
    There are some episodes of doctor who free on itunes!!! check them out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rajvir)
    There are some episodes of doctor who free on itunes!!! check them out
    Thanks! Will have a look later on when I'm on my laptop...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)

Like a ****ing actor.
    bit late but relax, it was clearly a reference to Malcom Tucker

ReputationRep:
    Mr Capaldy was marvellous in Lair Of the White Worm with Mr Grant.

ReputationRep:
    Really looking forward to this.

ReputationRep:
    We need Russel back!! Moffats story lines arent the best!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    Mr Capaldy was marvellous in Lair Of the White Worm with Mr Grant.
    ...There is a Ken Russel horror film out there with Peter Capaldi and Hugh Grant?

My dear sir I believe I could kiss you.

ReputationRep:

This was actually found a few days back but i'm always fairly slow on the upkeep. Aint it just wonderful*? :awesome:

*And by wonderful I mean horrifying.

(Original post by IMakeSenseToNone)

This was actually found a few days back but i'm always fairly slow on the upkeep. Aint it just wonderful*? :awesome:

*And by wonderful I mean horrifying.
    That is so creeeeepy! I love Capaldi

ReputationRep:
    Superb choice of the doctor. I didn't want it to be some guys hormonal guys 'swoon' over like headless hens.

Very excited now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mistee M)
    We need Russel back!! Moffats story lines arent the best!
    +1

ReputationRep:
    Maybe the poll could be changed to "what do you think to the casting choice" ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scapepower)
    Superb choice of the doctor. I didn't want it to be some guys hormonal guys 'swoon' over like headless hens.

Very excited now.
    What a weird comment to get cheaply negged over :erm: -resets the balance-

I don't think though that Doctor Who fans are quite as creepy in their swooning as in other fanbases, type Johnlock into google without safesearch for details. It's just a fanbase full of hipsters bsaically

(Original post by Maid Marian)
    That is so creeeeepy! I love Capaldi
    He's a pretty darn good drawer even if it looks like a bad David lynch dream. You know I really hope they bring back Confidential, DW won't be the same without getting to see him fanboy out on set :grumble:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2017
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.