Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers) Watch

• View Poll Results: What did you think about the first storyline of series 9?
    Excellent
    0%
    Good
    0%
    Average
    0%
    Poor
    0%
    Awful
    0%

ReputationRep:
    Got it on record as I was at the football (lost 1-0 :cry:) but i've got some fish fingers and custard on the ready... To eat seperately of course. If only I had some celery to complete it. So stoked :woo:

Being going through some classic Whos lately and I have to say, Caves of Androzani is pretty much the best send-off to a Doctor there is if not the best serial of them all. Well worth a watch if you want some classic Who or like your villians looking like BDSM connoisseurs :yep: Next up, Robots of Death, for no other reason than the title.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Feefifofum)
    Did they? I'm in the office so no TV...
    No. No they did not. :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    No. No they did not. :cry:
    It is not the end. This moment has been prepared for.

ReputationRep:
    ANOTHER HALF HOUR SKETCH!

This one is just my own version of the Doctor, followed by a very sinister presence. Just don't lose eye contact....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TotoMimo)
    ANOTHER HALF HOUR SKETCH!

This one is just my own version of the Doctor, followed by a very sinister presence. Just don't lose eye contact....

Not so sure about the Doctor in that one since he's very different to how I see the character, but you've captured the Silence perfectly. Such a creepy monster. Keep the doodles coming!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Feefifofum)
    Not so sure about the Doctor in that one since he's very different to how I see the character, but you've captured the Silence perfectly. Such a creepy monster. Keep the doodles coming!
    Why thank you! You were a lot less cruel than a couple of my other followers who said "The Doctor isn't a Musketeer!!" - goatee apparently typecasts you as a french swordsman.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TotoMimo)
    Why thank you! You were a lot less cruel than a couple of my other followers who said "The Doctor isn't a Musketeer!!" - goatee apparently typecasts you as a french swordsman.
    Ah I don't know, I can see some of the Doctor incarnations as picturing themselves like that muscle man sometimes, least judging by a few of his speeches over the years

ReputationRep:
    I'm probably late but I just noticed something. Way before the 12th Doctor was announced Peter Capaldi played a WHO doctor in World War Z.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s7/do...r-capaldi.html

Make it happen Moffat. For the love of all that is good and holy, let this happen.

ReputationRep:
    A bit random I know, but does anyone know the name of the music track for P.S. - the scene that was never shot? It might be a mixture of things because there seem to be lots of different themes from the series in there but if anyone does know the actual name if there is one that would be good And if you haven't seen it, watch it, although I should warn you, it will make you cry :'(
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:

I dare say if someone put a cat in there the internet may break.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)

I dare say if someone put a cat in there the internet may break.
    :teehee: I saw that on tumblr this morning
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    :teehee: I saw that on tumblr this morning
    I know, you reblogged it and it ended up on my dashboard, that's how I saw it.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    I know, you reblogged it and it ended up on my dashboard, that's how I saw it.
    You follow me on tumblr? Did not realise that :blushing:

ReputationRep:
    So I just saw that this person has taken power in Norway:

Spoiler:
    Show

She looks suspiciously similar to this person:

Spoiler:
    Show

Fans of Series 1 will understand why we should all now be afraid.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddyman4)

Spoiler:
    Show

Spoiler:
    Show

:eek:

They're back!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddyman4)

Spoiler:
    Show

Spoiler:
    Show

At least Norway doesn't have nukes(at least, I don't think so). They're mostly harmless.

Methane emissions in Norway will be up though:teehee:

ReputationRep:
    So, BBC briefly released information on the Anniversary special programming. But the article has since been taken down...

It announced that the Special episode will be called...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    The Day of The Doctor

and it will be 75 minutes long.

As well as the Docudrama, penned by Mark Gatiss, there will also be a special physics show, looking into the science of Doctor Who, presented by Brian Cox. Also, BBC4 will be showing the remastered version of An Unearthly Child (first ever episode), as well as a several, yet to be announced, commissions on BBC3.

Exciting!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yoghurt)

As well as the Docudrama, penned by Mark Gatiss, there will also be a special physics show, looking into the science of Doctor Who, presented by Brian Cox. Also, BBC4 will be showing the remastered version of An Unearthly Child (first ever episode), as well as a several, yet to be announced, commissions on BBC3.

Exciting!!
    Bless, BBC can't keep anything a secret :lol:

That last bit is particularly exciting, are they just general commissions or DW related? If they are I wonder if one of those commissions is a Vastra/Draz/Jenny spin off, it certainly seems the obvious choice to replace Sarah Jane Adventures.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IMakeSenseToNone)
    Bless, BBC can't keep anything a secret :lol:

That last bit is particularly exciting, are they just general commissions or DW related? If they are I wonder if one of those commissions is a Vastra/Draz/Jenny spin off, it certainly seems the obvious choice to replace Sarah Jane Adventures.
    We can hope.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2017
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.