Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers) Watch

• View Poll Results: What did you think about the first storyline of series 9?
    Excellent
    0%
    Good
    0%
    Average
    0%
    Poor
    0%
    Awful
    0%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Feefifofum)
    I am so very excited. I'm also a bit apprehensive - losing Ten the first time round was traumatic enough, I'm not sure how I'll cope with getting him back for such a short time then losing him again...
    I think a support group/one giant hug is in order... Although I just realised i'm doing voluntary work that day so i'll be missing it :dry: My planning skills suck.

I really hope they don't over egg it though like they did with Tennant, i've really grown to like him so it'll be a shame if he leaves on a sour note. I'm normally not good with 'hasn't it been great' style endings but for this, I think I can take it

ReputationRep:
    Curious as to how 10th Doctr and Rose will fit into the storyline. Any theories?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2510571

for any Karen Gillan lovers

I've made a thread dedicated to her

ReputationRep:
    The BBC have released a short clip of the 50th anniv special! Only a few seconds long and gives very little away but it's obviously a spoiler so click at your peril!
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

Guys, the poll needs to be changed soon to 'What did you think of the Doctor Who 50th anniversary special, The Day of the Doctor?' Of course nearer to the date, 23rd of November, if you can change it...
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

(Original post by Miracle Day)
    Curious as to how 10th Doctr and Rose will fit into the storyline. Any theories?
    Good question but no I don't, you? It'll be interesting to see what people think though, just reminded me of the last episode with Donna, 'Journeys End' when some of the 10th doctor companions came back with torchwood and Sarah Jane. The first episode 'Stolen Earth'...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miracle Day)
    They'll probably just say that there was still a little opening between the two universes that no-one knew about or some sort of advanced technology opened it up again imo, they seemed to do that the other two times.

Also is anyone seeing it in the cinema? or is it just me and my friends
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    The BBC have released a short clip of the 50th anniv special! Only a few seconds long and gives very little away but it's obviously a spoiler so click at your peril!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Gallifrey in the time war?

ReputationRep:
    oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Spoiler:
    Show
    The woman in the background is wearing Tom Baker's Doctor's scarf! :beard:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Gallifrey in the time war?
    Could be!

BBC have announced that there will be TWO trailers this weekend - one on Saturday at 8pm, and one on Sunday (time tba). From the official description, it sounds like the Sunday one might be the infamous Comiccon trailer...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho...sable-Trailers

ReputationRep:
    Oh my. :love:

I know what I'll be doing next Thursday.

ReputationRep:
    God damn its getting closer and closer :cry2:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanS94)
    Also is anyone seeing it in the cinema? or is it just me and my friends
    Going to see it in the media museum. The one benefit of Bradford

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Don't know if any one else saw it. But the BBC South America facebook page accidently posted a 40 seconds trailer last night. Was up for about an hour.

It looks superb! Absolutely cannot wait, and I think tonights longer trailer will be even more thrilling!

And going by what I've seen, I dont believe
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Rose is quite the same Rose. Bad wolf maybe?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    God damn its getting closer and closer :cry2:
    I know :jive: I need to start doing the final bit of sewing adjustments on my tardis dress.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    I know :jive: I need to start doing the final bit of sewing adjustments on my tardis dress.
    Tardis dress? I'm intrigued :holmes:

tears will be shed I think :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Grr... I've just realised that I'm away on the confirmation retreat for my parish that weekend.

Guess iplayer on Sunday evening it is then :cry:
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    You know what else comes out on the same day as the anniversary!? :awesome:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Tardis dress? I'm intrigued :holmes:

tears will be shed I think :sad:
    I have a dress which I made to be a tardis dress for halloween last year. Day before anniversary is my friend's birthday, he's a Doctor Who fan so having DW fancy dress party :ahee:

(Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
    You know what else comes out on the same day as the anniversary!? :awesome:
    If you're talking about Catching Fire that's actually out on the 22nd :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I might actually try and avoid the trailers and go into the episode completely blind. I'll try...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2017
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.