Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers) Watch

• View Poll Results: What did you think about the first storyline of series 9?
    Excellent
    0%
    Good
    0%
    Average
    0%
    Poor
    0%
    Awful
    0%

ReputationRep:
    Name:  DSCF2106.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  422.1 KB

Finally managed to upload it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    Name:  DSCF2106.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  422.1 KB

Finally managed to upload it!
    PRSOM, that's excellent!

I really want one of these:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Feefifofum)
    PRSOM, that's excellent!

I really want one of these:
    Ta. Asking about what size I needed in the charity shop for the skirt was quite embarassing!

Although wearing tights was not too bad I now understand why some girls where skirt and tights in winter.

That shirt is quite cool but not sure how often I would actually flip it up.

ReputationRep:
    This looks amazing - where can I get them?!?!?

MusicIsMyPoison

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow :rofl:

That's brilliant!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can not describe how happy this has made me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U3jrS-uhuo

ReputationRep:
    The noise I made before the titles ran... :rofl:

I spotted it on my youtube subs and watched it there before coming here. Was NOT expecting that. :awesome:

Spoiler:
    Show
    He'd have been a properly good Doctor for the beginning of the RTD years. I know they needed a new one to reinvigorate the show, but damnnn Paul McGann knew what the role required.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpenguin)
    The noise I made before the titles ran... :rofl:

I spotted it on my youtube subs and watched it there before coming here. Was NOT expecting that. :awesome:

Spoiler:
    Show
    He'd have been a properly good Doctor for the beginning of the RTD years. I know they needed a new one to reinvigorate the show, but damnnn Paul McGann knew what the role required.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I would love for them to do an 8th Doctor mini series (even if it's only 3 or 4 episodes, or a Torchwood: Children of Earth style story) with Sheridan Smith as his companion. I know it'll never happen, but we can live in hope.

ReputationRep:
    That was brilliant. :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yoghurt)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I would love for them to do an 8th Doctor mini series (even if it's only 3 or 4 episodes, or a Torchwood: Children of Earth style story) with Sheridan Smith as his companion. I know it'll never happen, but we can live in hope.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    That would be sweet. I'd love to see the very beginnings of the Time War, for example, and what caused the Doctor to distance himself entirely from the war.

It could then end with that little clip we saw earlier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sea395)
    Oh ok, thanks. Would be good if they did, but looks like it will be iPlayer for me :^_^:
    Just saw on the Vue website that they're adding a Sunday Matinee show.. So other cinema's may be doing the same...

http://www.myvue.com/latest-movies/i...-the-doctor-3d

Just watched The Night of the Doctor... I'm not ready for this
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/doctor-w...-of-the-doctor

That's interesting..

Spoiler:
    Show
    I wonder if Rose is a paradox whereby she is the Doctor's companion only because she saved the (now 9th) and absorbed the temporal energy in the TARDIS. It's possible that in doing so she entered the time war, saves the (now the 8th) and after regenerating he then (as the 9th) finds her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    Just watched The Night of the Doctor... I'm not ready for this
    "Not the one you were expecting"??!!! I nearly swallowed my tongue... An amazing six minute spanner in the canonical works. Fantastic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U3jrS-uhuo
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    There's a longer one here:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...of_the_Doctor/

Brain is now fuzzed.

Spoiler:
    Show
    John Hurt as the War Doctor?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klix88)
    "Not the one you were expecting"??!!! I nearly swallowed my tongue... An amazing six minute spanner in the canonical works. Fantastic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U3jrS-uhuo
    awesome

Spoiler:
    Show
    so now we know how it happens...the ninth regenerates but into "the doctor no more" rather than the tenth...

50th speculation -
    Spoiler:
    Show
    rewatching the trailer, it just me or does one of the aliens in it who appears briefly look like the face of beau? (often speculated to be Jack Harkness who at one point reveals it was his nickname...) thoughts?

anyone else tuning in at 9pm tonight for Brian Cox meeting Matt Smith for the Science of Doctor Who?

ReputationRep:
    If I don't want any spoilers should I still avoid The Night of the Doctor.

ReputationRep:
    it doesn't spoil the 50th really, it just gives you something that will help understand where we are in the Whoniverse

ReputationRep:
    As said above, doesn't spoil 50th. Works more as a prequel to Day of the Doctor. Having said that, it's a prequel that probably happens a few hundred years before DotD.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFiRory)
    it doesn't spoil the 50th really, it just gives you something that will help understand where we are in the Whoniverse

(Original post by Yoghurt)
    As said above, doesn't spoil 50th. Works more as a prequel to Day of the Doctor. Having said that, it's a prequel that probably happens a few hundred years before DotD.
    You were right. Watched it now and almost saw the trailer at the end which I did avoid. Interesting is all I can say...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2017
Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.