Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers) Watch

• View Poll Results: What did you think about the first storyline of series 9?
    Excellent
    0%
    Good
    0%
    Average
    0%
    Poor
    0%
    Awful
    0%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NJA)
    This article sums up why I lost interest at about 13.
    Exterminate... *fires laser beam*
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NJA)
    The writer is clearly writing for the sake of controversy - the daleks aren't supposed to be scary because of their appearance - they're scary because of their ideology and that that ideology has been quite prominent in the real world in the past century. They're nazi ideologues - cold hearted murderers with an obsession with racial purity - that is what is supposed to make them scary - and it works.

As for the bit about the tardis, external appearance may be simple but you can't seriously think the control room is unimpressive - particularly some of the old designs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NJA)
    I think the nicest thing that can be said about the writer of that piece is that he has a limited imagination. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Tbf I'd agree with a lot of what the writer says. Especially about it being to connect with the characters, poor writing and terrible effects. However, despite all that I still really like the show. I think it's the idea of the show I like and it's potential in capable hands.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well that has annoyed me already, a helicopter shouldn't be able to pick the TARDIS up.

ReputationRep:
    Tennant's bit has basically been a Tumblr/fan service thing :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    More intense Doctor vs Doctor vs Doctor discussion please!

ReputationRep:
    50 minutes of boredom up to now.

ReputationRep:
    OMG OMG OMG OMG DOCTORGASM. :ahee: CAN'T WAIT FOR NEXT SEASON!!! :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vixen47)
    OMG OMG OMG OMG DOCTORGASM. :ahee: CAN'T WAIT FOR NEXT SEASON!!! :ahee:
    Lol Doctorgasm :')

ReputationRep:
    That was pretty terrible for me, could have easily been a run of the mill episode in execution. As always with Doctor Who, ideas are amazing, execution is incredibly poor :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    the continuity errors were painful....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Rusty Spork)
    Well that has annoyed me already, a helicopter shouldn't be able to pick the TARDIS up.
    Why not? Tbh there were one or two 'flaws' but tbh I DID enjoy the episode suprisingly and will be watching next season

ReputationRep:
    THE DOCTOR COULDN'T SEE ROSE!!!! WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!!

Very disappointed

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Tbh bit meh. After all the hype as well was expecting a lot more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    Tbh bit meh. After all the hype as well was expecting a lot more.
    Almost nothing happened for the entirety of it. It was so obvious what was going to happen at almost every stage and it was ruined by making gif specific scenes :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yodawg321)
    Why not? Tbh there were one or two 'flaws' but tbh I DID enjoy the episode suprisingly and will be watching next season
    From memory it is meant to be impossible to move.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by g.k.galloway)
    THE DOCTOR COULDN'T SEE ROSE!!!! WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!!

Very disappointed

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miracle Day)
    Same
    And me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I dunno, I thought it was awesome.

I've just got a couple ofissues:
    I'm still trying to understand how the Doctor and Clara got out of his time stream though? Clara saw her at the end of NOTD but it wasn't really mentioned other than a brief 'I've seen you before' or something like that? Can't really remember.
    And how did all the previous Doctors know to group together and freeze Gallifrey (especially Capaldi. And, if he is there, why aren't all his future regens? Maybe a red herring because of the whole '13 lives' thing?), sort of just happened - how did they get the planet to 'touch' the cube?

Moffat definitely delivered on his 'change the history of the show' remark. Now looks as though he will deliver wrt Trenzalore and the fall of the 11th. :holmes:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2017
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.