Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers) Watch

• View Poll Results: What did you think about the first storyline of series 9?
    Excellent
    0%
    Good
    0%
    Average
    0%
    Poor
    0%
    Awful
    0%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shadowdweller)
    I thought most of it followed through tbh :dontknow:
    Questions:
    What happened to The Master, shouldn't The Doctor automatically regenerate BACK to Tennant because the Timelords would never have been brought back meaning he wouldn't have absorbed the radiation which basically forced his regeneration...

So many plot holes...

ReputationRep:
    OOOH, but I was very happy that a rabbit had a starring role in the 50th!!!!!!!!!! :bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scienceisgood)
    Questions:
    What happened to The Master, shouldn't The Doctor automatically regenerate BACK to Tennant because the Timelords would never have been brought back meaning he wouldn't have absorbed the radiation which basically forced his regeneration...

So many plot holes...
    :O
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Questions:

So many plot holes...
    The time lords were brought back from Galifrey/wherever they were trapped, no?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sosadsosad)
    OOOH, but I was very happy that a rabbit had a starring role in the 50th!!!!!!!!!! :bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:
    I thought the alien (can't remember name for a moment) was actually disguising itself as the log, not the rabbit. =P

ReputationRep:
    Sameeeee It was a lovely rabbit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miracle Day)
    Bad Wolf*
    Now this is very awkward :rolleyes:

Thanks though

ReputationRep:
    The time lords were brought back from Galifrey/wherever they were trapped, no?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes, then they returned, but now history has been changed, it was no longer time locked which means ALL the alien races are coming though, the nightmare child, the could have been king etc...

They ONLY focused on the Daleks and Timelords and forgot about everything else...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    It was good, not excellent but on a par with the Pandorica.

I thought Rose was poorly written and should have played a much more active role. John Hurt really was underwhelming (lacked the energy or anger needed) but i thought the story and interaction between 10 and 11 was great.

Also, is it just me or do people think that Doctor Who since Christmas has been back to being great.
    I really loved the interactions between all the Doctors. All the past-references and quips they threw at each other were brilliant.

Rose wasn't really rose though. The Moment's operating system chose an interface based off of someone the Doctor met and should therefore recognise, but she picked someone from the future and that's someone John Hurt's Doc has yet to meet. Said her/it's self that it gets confused between the past/present/future or something like that. I too would've loved it if 'Rose' interacted with 10 as well but its her aesthetically, not personally. 10s face when he heard Bad Wolf though, so close. :cry:

Its had a few bumps along the road ever since Moffat took over, but hopefully he can now make episodes as good as that, and on a consistent basis too. (Probably one of the few that thinks that atm but whatever :ahee:). Actually believe that the standard episode run time(45 minutes?) is too short for a Moffat story but that's a debate for another day. :moon:

ReputationRep:
    I thought the alien (can't remember name for a moment) was actually disguising itself as the log, not the rabbit. =P
    XDD

(Original post by g.k.galloway)
    He was lovely, wasn't he? :love: I squealed with happiness.

ReputationRep:
    Why did Tennant return to his time stream, forgetting the entire event, even though Smith entered Tennant's stream through the worm hole. Surely Tennant's is the main stream through this event?

Also, the Doctors just left everyone in the weapon storeroom discussing the treaty, and they never went back. When the girl gave her inhaler to her Zygon copy I thought that would be used as some plot point to identify which one was the human later on. But they just left that to resolve itself?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, then they returned, but now history has been changed, it was no longer time locked which means ALL the alien races are coming though, the nightmare child, the could have been king etc...

They ONLY focused on the Daleks and Timelords and forgot about everything else...
    Well thankfully the Timelords have been saved. All they wanted to do was end time and destroy the universe - yay? it was mentioned several times that they became just as bad as the daleks in the latter days of the war.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by g.k.galloway)
    I absolutely adored that rabbit, I wanted to hold it and press my cheek against it - soooo sweet!! :love:

It was a great show, I loved all the intricacies and it really blew my mind when in the middle of all the elaborate plotting we were suddenly back in front of the painting again with the Doc on the phone to the UNIT guy standing in front of it! :cool:

I mean, wowza, so much in it. And how wonderful that Gallifrey is saved and returning - I love that!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:

But everything still happened the same, the only difference is Galifrey was time locked not destroyed?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I loved the episode personally

There seems to be a few things people are getting confused with

Firstly, the events from TEOT still stand. If anything, that was probably occurring simultaneously to this episode (The council in TEOT was the high council, while what we saw in TDOTD was the war council...they even refer to it as "The high council have their own plans", as a nod to what is going on with Rassilon & co)...

Secondly, this episode is more of a 'this is what really happened', rather than a retcon. Nothing has changed in the show at all, but as the Hurt doctor forgot what happened, it appeared to him (and the rest of the universe) that both Gallifrey and the Daleks burned, while now 'we' (and Matt smiths doctor + ) know what actually happened.

ReputationRep:
    Questions:

So many plot holes...
    Well if you assume that Gallifrey was frozen by the thirteen doctors AFTER it was brought back by the Master and then kicked back into the time lock by Tennant then it makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    XDD

He was lovely, wasn't he? :love: I squealed with happiness.
    Sameeee, I wanted him

(Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    I absolutely adored that rabbit, I wanted to hold it and press my cheek against it - soooo sweet!! :love:

It was a great show, I loved all the intricacies and it really blew my mind when in the middle of all the elaborate plotting we were suddenly back in front of the painting again with the Doc on the phone to the UNIT guy standing in front of it! :cool:

I mean, wowza, so much in it. And how wonderful that Gallifrey is saved and returning - I love that!
    It was okay apart from the lack of 10/rose

ReputationRep:
    But everything still happened the same, the only difference is Galifrey was time locked not destroyed?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No, the whole TIME WAR was time locked, as specified in the episode where Doctor Donna came into being.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    No, the whole TIME WAR was time locked, as specified in the episode where Doctor Donna came into being.
    Oh I see. But the time at which it was brought back in Doctor Donna was never specified? So that could have been pre vanish!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The only thing that changed was the fact that Gallifrey was moved, not destroyed.
    Everything else stayed the same.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2017
Poll
Which pet is the best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.