Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers) Watch

• View Poll Results: What did you think about the first storyline of series 9?
    Excellent
    0%
    Good
    0%
    Average
    0%
    Poor
    0%
    Awful
    0%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scienceisgood)
    No, the whole TIME WAR was time locked, as specified in the episode where Doctor Donna came into being.
    Caan broke through the Time Lock.
    I'm guessing that this hole was abused by the Moment.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThisIsn'tSpam)
    The only thing that changed was the fact that Gallifrey was moved, not destroyed.
    Everything else stayed the same.
    That's what I meant, apologies.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shadowdweller)
    Oh I see. But the time at which it was brought back in Doctor Donna was never specified? So that could have been pre vanish!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Then why didn't Smith de-generate back into Tennant?! DX

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    I absolutely adored that rabbit, I wanted to hold it and press my cheek against it - soooo sweet!! :love:
    The rabbit was the best thing about the episode, IMO.

He was absolutely gorgeous :love: :love:

ReputationRep:
    I replied to your earlier post about your question.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Why would he? The Master events would still have happened, so he would still have regenerated

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shadowdweller)
    Why would he? The Master events would still have happened, so he would still have regenerated

Posted from TSR Mobile
    But if The Master broke into the timelock using that diamond because he needed a physical link, then he wouldn't have needed to meaning there was no need for that machine meaning The Master would simply have eaten all the people and been on his way.

Meaning no radiation to kill Tennant...

Although, I suppose Samir's response makes SOME sense, although it would have to happen in a space of like 5 minutes...

ReputationRep:
    I thought that was fantastic. They did an excellent job of combining nods to the show's history with a whole new story for the future. Very pleased with that job, even if there were some plot holes.

ReputationRep:
    But if The Master broke into the timelock using that diamond because he needed a physical link, then he wouldn't have needed to meaning there was no need for that machine meaning The Master would simply have eaten all the people and been on his way.

Although, I suppose Samir's response makes SOME sense, although it would have to happen in a space of like 5 minutes...
    I don't understand what you said in bold, what will have to happen in the space of 5 minutes?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:

Samir's response cleared it up imo :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    I don't understand what you said in bold, what will have to happen in the space of 5 minutes?
    First you say the time war was unlocked by the master, understandable, then Tennant locked it again but then during this time Galifray would have to be moved to allow the timelords to survive being frozen in the time war, not just the planet itself because the whole time war was time locked, not just Galifray.

Well, I'm sorta off because I went out with friends to see The Hunger Games 2 today and then we watched Doctor Who, all of which left me hungry because I have had no dinner, c ya guys.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Yes, then they returned, but now history has been changed, it was no longer time locked which means ALL the alien races are coming though, the nightmare child, the could have been king etc...

They ONLY focused on the Daleks and Timelords and forgot about everything else...
    They haven't changed history at all. This is always what had happened. They just forgot that it had happened - Eccleston, Tennant and Smith all thought they had destroyed Gallifrey, but Gallifrey was never destroyed. This doesn't change anything. Do you really think that the writers all got together and thought it'd just be a great idea to completely **** up the canon?

Still time-locked in its stasis cube in its parallel pocket universe. They explained it all in the episode brah.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler: He died at the end after a huge gangbang with him and that weird robot dog thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Professor Mature)
    Spoiler: He died at the end after a huge gangbang with him and that weird robot dog thing
    The weird dog thing? I didn't realise Nicki Minaj was making a special appearance...

ReputationRep:
    First you say the time war was unlocked by the master, understandable, then Tennant locked it again but then during this time Galifray would have to be moved to allow the timelords to survive being frozen in the time war, not just the planet itself because the whole time war was time locked, not just Galifray.
    The time war was not unlocked, Gallifrey was simply pulled out of the time lock and then the doctor sent it back into the time lock.

But I still don't understand your point, are you saying that when Gallifrey was pulled out of the timelock and then put back in, it should have already been frozen by the thirteen doctors? If so, refer back to my explanation, you are really over complicating it tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
    They haven't changed history at all. This is always what had happened. They just forgot that it had happened - Eccleston, Tennant and Smith all thought they had destroyed Gallifrey, but Gallifrey was never destroyed. This doesn't change anything. Do you really think that the writers all got together and thought it'd just be a great idea to completely **** up the canon?

Still time-locked in its stasis cube in its parallel pocket universe. They explained it all in the episode brah.
    But wasn't the whole time war, time locked? Despite this, 10 and 11 (though really should call them 11 and 12?) traveled into the time war to stop the war doctor from using the moment. Instead deciding to freeze/move Gallifrey...
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farseer)
    But wasn't the whole time war, time locked? Despite this, 10 and 11 (though really should call them 11 and 12?) traveled into the time war to stop the war doctor from using the moment. Instead deciding to freeze/move Gallifrey...
    They travelled in their own time stream though, didn't They?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    sorry if this is a really stupid question, but who is the old man/curator at the end? is he someone we are suppose to know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by billybo_h)
    Why did Tennant return to his time stream, forgetting the entire event, even though Smith entered Tennant's stream through the work hole. Surely Tennant's is the main stream through this event?

Also, the Doctors just left everyone in the weapon storeroom discussing the treaty, and they never went back. When the girl gave her inhaler to her copy I thought that would be used as some plot point to identify which one was the human later on. But they just left that to resolve itself?
    THIS. I thought I was the only one who remembered they'd forgotten the Zygons.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was absolutely amazing, the best moment of Dr Who I've ever witnessed actually. I'm still hyped up now, it was great. Watching in the cinema certainly added to the experience. I only booked my tickets at the last minute yesterday and I'm glad I did.

I lost count of the amount of people I saw in fezzes, tweed jackets, bow ties or multicoloured scarves.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2017
Poll
Which pet is the best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.