Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers) Watch

• View Poll Results: What did you think about the first storyline of series 9?
    Excellent
    0%
    Good
    0%
    Average
    0%
    Poor
    0%
    Awful
    0%

ReputationRep:
    I actually thought that was the most emotional regeneration in my opinion. When Amy came out it was just the dagger... :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    I actually thought that was the most emotional regeneration in my opinion. When Amy came out it was just the dagger... :sad:
    suppppppp

moar gifs

Oh man all them feelings . :cry2:
    What did you think of it, Malevolent? I liked it, I'm surprised others didn't!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maid Marian)
    What did you think of it, Malevolent? I liked it, I'm surprised others didn't!
    I thought it was better than okay not great but it was still fine!

I thought it was better than okay not great but it was still fine!
    Oh okay! I enjoyed it myself! I think the Doctor should have regenerated when he was in the tower, though. The face change thing was a bit of an anticlimax.

ReputationRep:
    Oh okay! I enjoyed it myself! I think the Doctor should have regenerated when he was in the tower, though. The face change thing was a bit of an anticlimax.
    I think as the cycle was reset his regeneration was quick and too the point. The further into his cycle the longer it takes ?

ReputationRep:
    I thought as an episode taken on its own, it was disappointing. But, as an episode taken in context, so seen after the 50th which was EPIC and tying together so many loose ends, it was immaculate. So many things accomplished plausibly in one hour that I couldn't even be mad. That was really impressive, and then I felt sad about Smit dying. Though I watched all of Tennant, I didn't really like his episodes compared to Smiths who was impeccable in my opinion. Smith was my doctor and I felt a bit lonely last night. Lol

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering since the doctor didn't die at trenzalor what happened to him and clara's visit there in the name of the doctor? I mean it couldn't exist if he is still alive right?

(Original post by Sapphire123)
    I was wondering since the doctor didn't die at trenzalor what happened to him and clara's visit there in the name of the doctor? I mean it couldn't exist if he is still alive right?
    Hmm. Did the Doctor not die at Trenzalore? I thought that's what the old age thing was about.

And then, in TNOTD, he and Clara visited Trenzalore AFTER the big battle OF TTOTD had taken place.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm. Did the Doctor not die at Trenzalore? I thought that's what the old age thing was about.

And then, in TNOTD, he and Clara visited Trenzalore AFTER the big battle OF TTOTD had taken place.
    He didn't die he regenerated into Peter capaldi

(Original post by Sapphire123)
    He didn't die he regenerated into Peter capaldi
    Well doh. :lol: But the ELEVENTH Doctor *ended* at Trenzalore, that's what I meant. In a way, that is sort of dying ...

ReputationRep:
    I don't get all the hate at all tbh, I loved the episode and I love the show, just looking forward to the new series when it comes; Peter Capaldi should be awesome

the Moffat hate has just been done to death now tbh, yes the show has it's flaws, so does like every show on TV, there is far, far worse **** on telly for people to bash as well, I mean Mrs Browns Boys was apparently the most watched show on xmas day, if any show needs to be bashed into oblivion then that is top of my list for it, it's not even remotely funny, the episode I watched felt like my head was being violated.

ReputationRep:
    The regeneration scene if anyone wants to watch it again

also 10th Doctor regenerates just for a comparison if you like
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVEY5AL5zzk

I just wish Matt-Capaldi was drawn out a tiny bit longer than like 5seconds?
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFiRory)
    I don't get all the hate at all tbh, I loved the episode and I love the show, just looking forward to the new series when it comes; Peter Capaldi should be awesome

the Moffat hate has just been done to death now tbh, yes the show has it's flaws, so does like every show on TV, there is far, far worse **** on telly for people to bash as well, I mean Mrs Browns Boys was apparently the most watched show on xmas day, if any show needs to be bashed into oblivion then that is top of my list for it, it's not even remotely funny, the episode I watched felt like my head was being violated.
    I think for me the thing is I watch VERY few TV series, so finding something I previously enjoyed become less enjoyable over the past two series and now not creating much enjoyment at all is sad :sad:

ReputationRep:
    I've just sat bawling my eyes out at the last episode.

Okay, so it was a little rushed and I struggled to keep up in places, but Matt Smith was just fantastic. It made it harder to see him go... And my suspicions about Capaldi have so far been confirmed: dull, dull, dull. He had a good 30 seconds to assert his character, like Smith and Tennant did before him. Capaldi was just.... boring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rascacielos)

Okay, so it was a little rushed and I struggled to keep up in places, but Matt Smith was just fantastic. It made it harder to see him go... And my suspicions about Capaldi have so far been confirmed: dull, dull, dull. He had a good 30 seconds to assert his character, like Smith and Tennant did before him. Capaldi was just.... boring.
    30 seconds is nothing, seriously give him a chance to actually act. If I judged David Tennant one the first few seconds he had I would have not watched after series 1 :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanS94)
    30 seconds is nothing, seriously give him a chance to actually act. If I judged David Tennant one the first few seconds he had I would have not watched after series 1 :rolleyes:
    He had a chance to act: it was a fair amount of screen time. David Tennant and Matt Smith both managed it, so I don't see why Peter Capaldi shouldn't be expected to. The kidney joke was about as funny as my grandma's socks.

Just my initial thoughts; I'm happy to be proved wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    I think for me the thing is I watch VERY few TV series, so finding something I previously enjoyed become less enjoyable over the past two series and now not creating much enjoyment at all is sad :sad:
    I watch a ridiculous amount of television and it annoys me watching DW only because the potential is there for an amazing show but the execution is always lacking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rascacielos)

Aww I loved him. His entrance was kinda similar to Tennants!

ReputationRep:
    I think we're all suffering from this a bit:

I was a little disappointed by Capaldi's entry, but I am reserving judgement until we actually see him in action. It's really not fair to judge him based on about 3 lines of dialogue, while he was still wearing the previous Doctor's costume. I hated Smith's entry after Tennant regenerated, but his character took shape properly in the Eleventh Hour. I'm guessing we'll get the same thing with Capaldi - once he gets a chance to develop his own version of the Doctor, then I'll make up my mind whether I like his interpretation or not.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2017
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.