Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers) Watch

• View Poll Results: What did you think about the first storyline of series 9?
    Excellent
    0%
    Good
    0%
    Average
    0%
    Poor
    0%
    Awful
    0%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chernid)
    So I've just read that (50th Anniversary stuff)

Spoiler:
    Show
    the Zygons are going to be in the 50th Anniversary Special with David Tennant, Billie Piper, John Hurt and all of the usual lot.

I'm worried that because of how awesome and amazing the episode sounds, it'll be so much easy for Moffat to screw up and ruin everything for me.
    Touché

ReputationRep:
    HOW have I never seen this before?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abbieastoria)
    I actually never guessed that until the episode before it was revealed

I want Jenny back! They can't just have her fly off in a spaceship and never be seen again!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Spoiler:
    Show
    She is returning in the finale of this season as well as River Song and the Silence!

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler contains short synopsis for Series 7 Finale:

Spoiler:
    Show
    UNTITLED FINALE
    Someone is kidnapping the Doctor's friends, leading him towards the one place in all of time and space that he should never go.

This spoiler contains a short synopsis of the 3 episodes leading up to the finale:

Spoiler:
    Show
    JOURNEY TO THE CENTRE OF THE TARDIS
    The TARDIS has crashed, Clara is lost inside, and the Doctor has 30 minutes before his ship explodes!

THE CRIMSON HORROR
    Something ghastly is afoot in Victorian Yorkshire, as bodies are found with their skin a waxy, glowing red.

NIGHTMARE IN SILVER
    Hedgewick's World of Wonders: the perfect theme park day out - and ground zero for a deadly silver resurrection.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harrow.7)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    She is returning in the finale of this season as well as River Song and the Silence!
    YES!!!! I hope this is true
    And I feel we need full closure on the river-doctor relationship it doesn't feel over yet even though we've seen her first and last day as river

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yoghurt)
    Spoiler contains short synopsis for Series 7 Finale:

Spoiler:
    Show
    UNTITLED FINALE
    Someone is kidnapping the Doctor's friends, leading him towards the one place in all of time and space that he should never go.

This spoiler contains a short synopsis of the 3 episodes leading up to the finale:

Spoiler:
    Show
    JOURNEY TO THE CENTRE OF THE TARDIS
    The TARDIS has crashed, Clara is lost inside, and the Doctor has 30 minutes before his ship explodes!

THE CRIMSON HORROR
    Something ghastly is afoot in Victorian Yorkshire, as bodies are found with their skin a waxy, glowing red.

NIGHTMARE IN SILVER
    Hedgewick's World of Wonders: the perfect theme park day out - and ground zero for a deadly silver resurrection.

Sounds good if it's true.

ReputationRep:
    First pictures of filming for 50th anniv.:

Spoiler:
    Show

Excited and intrigued that DT is not wearing a blue suit, given that I was determined he would be playing the human doctor.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when during the year the 50th anniversary special will be released. Also, is it going to be aired on TV or is a cinema release?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gavin.)
    Does anyone know when during the year the 50th anniversary special will be released. Also, is it going to be aired on TV or is a cinema release?
    It'll air on the 23rd of November. As far as I'm aware it'll air on TV, but will be shown at the same time in cinemas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    Spoiler:
    Show

No it wouldn't - the prophecy is the fall of the 11th will be when he answers the first question (Doctor Who?). It wouldn't be the end of the show, it'd be the end of matt smiths spell as the doctor
    Oh yes - sorry I forgot! But Matt Smith has signed on to the next series anyway so probably not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Feefifofum)
    The following doesn't have anything that'll spoil it for you, but might spoil things for other people...
    Spoiler:
    Show

It's never been confirmed either way. I mean yes it'll happen some day, Matt Smith will want to move on and do other things with his career, and there has been endless speculation about when that might be but it's all just speculation, so don't worry!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Its been confirmed he is in the next series(2014):confused:It was revealed in the Radio Times and isn't that new news, the news is over a week old:eek:

ReputationRep:
    The last episode had a good plot but Matt Smith ruins things by trying to be all wacky and eccentric. It just doesn't work. Makes me cringe to watch. Cheese of the cheesiest variety.

ReputationRep:
    Only.three.days!!!

Name:  matt.png
Views: 85
Size:  219.3 KB

ReputationRep:
    The first time i saw Dr Who's assistant on waterloo road, i knew she'd be in a real role one day. She's my favorite assistant so far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MENDACIUM)
    The first time i saw Dr Who's assistant on waterloo road, i knew she'd be in a real role one day. She's my favorite assistant so far.
    She was in Emmerdale for 4 years. If that's not a real role, I don't know what is.

That's not true, but to the masses to enjoy watching soaps it's a real role.

ReputationRep:
    She was in Emmerdale for 4 years. If that's not a real role, I don't know what is.

That's not true, but to the masses to enjoy watching soaps it's a real role.
    She was in Emmerdale?? I had no idea!

ReputationRep:
    She was also in that horrible Titanic show.

ReputationRep:
    It's a kid's show NOW. Matt Smith as the Doctor is too childish and stupid. When David Tennant played the Doctor, him being child-friendly was subtle, and you could tell that he was.

With Smith it's too overplayed and you're right, it's now a kid's show because most of the solutions to the problems (and saving the fricking world) is down to loving someone, it's ridiculous.
    Blame the writing, not the actor.

(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    I miss the days of our ridiculous theories and almost obsessive episode analysis and speculation. :moon:
    :badger:

I do miss Doc.

(Original post by fluteflute)
    50th Anniversary Spoiler:
    Ohh.

What I wanted in the 50th Anniversary

Spoiler:
    Show
    Valeyard vs all the previous Doctors. Now that would have been something.

(Original post by montstar)
    I thought she remembered him in the Christmas episode, just before she died? I thought she said 'I remember', but maybe I'm mistaken. Does anyone have any theories on Clara?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    They are not even related as they have different but similar names, so it's as if the same person is created again and again, like reincarnation or cloning.
    Also, if you've seen the prequel, The Doctor meets young Clara in a playground but doesn't know it's her. It's as if the universe (or someone) is willing them together, like with the Doctor and Donna. Maybe someone/thing keeps creating her with the same genetics, personality etc, as part of some greater plan, it could even be the GI.

Did anyone else notice that Clara sounded a lot like Amy, when they were in the plane and she was screaming. Could be nothing but my mum noticed it too and along with the book thing... Hmm

Finally, with the people's minds being uploaded to a data cloud, did this remind anyone of the library, and River being uploaded to the computer? Foreshadowing perhaps? Will we be going back to the library or will the doctor just realise he is seeing her for the last time, and give her the screwdriver? If those people's minds could be downloaded again, could River?

Ok I'm done speculating now
    Alternatively the idea that a director only ever directs the same movie, they just adapt it. In this case Moffat just decided that he would rewrite the same storyline.

(Original post by Scienceisgood)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    If it is the great intelligence (which I had to do my research on), it indicates that it viewed The Doctor as insignificant and thus would it really bother with him?

Great theory though. =)
    That was then, this is now.

(Original post by ChocolateMelody)
    I don't think so…. that will be the end of doctor who and they won't cancel it now - not when it's more popular than it's ever been
    It would just be the end of Matt Smith, not Doctor Who.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    What I wanted in the 50th Anniversary

Spoiler:
    Show
    Valeyard vs all the previous Doctors. Now that would have been something.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    That would be amazing, but probably better suited to a lengthier show. Even if the 50th anniversary special is a longer episode (like Journey's End at 65 minutes) it'd be too short to do that storyline justice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MENDACIUM)
    She was in Emmerdale?? I had no idea!
    She played Jasmine Thomas I believe. For a brief time, she was the lesbian lover of Debbie Dingle. Internet it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2017
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.