Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers) Watch

• View Poll Results: What did you think about the first storyline of series 9?
    Excellent
    0%
    Good
    0%
    Average
    0%
    Poor
    0%
    Awful
    0%

• Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

(Original post by bubble999)
    It's so weirdly simple yet clever.

Oh yeah, they were also terrifying - but since I have watched them a lot, I don't find them too bad anymore. Maybe I need to grow a pair and face Midnight, and watch it :afraid:
    Midinght was good :yep: Scary too :yep: Along with the other ones you guys mentioned and the Vashta Nerada ones, them shadows that eat things :teehee:

10th Doctor Eps were the best :yep:

Oh I forgot, Empty Child, that was quite scary too, watched it at school in year 6 :moon: "Where's my mummy?" :afraid:
    • Section Leader
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Rose)
    Midinght was good :yep: Scary too :yep: Along with the other ones you guys mentioned and the Vashta Nerada ones, them shadows that eat things :teehee:

10th Doctor Eps were the best :yep:

Oh I forgot, Empty Child, that was quite scary too, watched it at school in year 6 :moon: "Where's my mummy?" :afraid:
    I've concluded it is the scariest one, simply because you never know what it was... and fear of the unknown and all :afraid:

Agreed! Tennant was the best :moon:

Paha, used to say it to my mum to freak her out :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Tennant was definitely my favourite, though I found 9 charming in a way. I feel like I would have liked 11 a lot more if I wasn't so frustrated by most of his storylines. I'm really looking forward to twelve. It seems like he's really going to be different to the other doctors of the new series.

ReputationRep:
    Okay guys I went to see the ''Deep Breath preview'' at the BFI southbank and I can safely say that Capaldi is an absolutely fantastic doctor who fits the role alongside Jenna perfectly, we got to see the whole episode in a cinema packed full of whovians which was amazing, plus a q&a with the entire cast and then Peter Capaldi came out and took pictures, signed autographs with the fans. It was a shame Jenna just ran for her car but eh, can you really blame her when Rob Stark was the man at the wheel?

There's also a nice little reference to a previous standalone tennant episode, keep your eyes peeled, I was like ''I remember this!''

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kramium)
    Okay guys I went to see the ''Deep Breath preview'' at the BFI southbank and I can safely say that Capaldi is an absolutely fantastic doctor who fits the role alongside Jenna perfectly, we got to see the whole episode in a cinema packed full of whovians which was amazing, plus a q&a with the entire cast and then Peter Capaldi came out and took pictures, signed autographs with the fans. It was a shame Jenna just ran for her car but eh, can you really blame her when Rob Stark was the man at the wheel?

There's also a nice little reference to a previous standalone tennant episode, keep your eyes peeled, I was like ''I remember this!''
    I'm excited now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 99DeadBaboons)
    I'm excited now
    It's also extremely witty, so there's less Matt Smith humour but in return there's more intelligent/situational humour which is great

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kramium)
    It's also extremely witty, so there's less Matt Smith humour but in return there's more intelligent/situational humour which is great
    Awesome!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else watched the fan-made opening sequence that the new one is based on? I think it looks awful.

ReputationRep:
    If anyone is thinking of staying up to watch the live stream, it's at 12PM not AM. Come back in 12 hours :')

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shadowdweller)
    Turn Left/Blink were both good, as has been mentioned. Personally was a huge fan of Midnight too.
    Turn Left is one of my absolute favourites!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timeywimey)
    If anyone is thinking of staying up to watch the live stream, it's at 12PM not AM. Come back in 12 hours :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There was a live stream? Of what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    There was a live stream? Of what?
    Of the panel in Seoul

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VladThe1mpaler)
    Anyone else watched the fan-made opening sequence that the new one is based on? I think it looks awful.

I love it. Very Burton-esque, which I think suits the hide-behind-the-sofa feel of the show pretty well. I also love the use of cogs to represent time. It makes a change from the time vortex and does exactly the same job as it anyway.

You can find the official one on YouTube. It's very similar, apart from a couple of elements which haven't been included by the BBC. I have a feeling the official version is going to go down as the best so far.

Possible cast spoilers

Spoiler:
    Show
    Jenna rumoured to leave at Christmas. :indiff: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...octor-Who.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maid Marian)
    Possible cast spoilers

Spoiler:
    Show
    Jenna rumoured to leave at Christmas. :indiff: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...octor-Who.html
    I heard about that.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    it would make sense as part of the story line, I guess. And explains the addition of Samuel Anderson to the cast. Another Micky?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Possible cast spoilers

Spoiler:
    Show
    Spoiler:
    Show

Yet to be confirmed, but it's certainly plausible. I haven't fallen in love with her like I did with the other companions - I got to like her more as time went on but something about her just didn't quite ring true.

My pick for next companion - 2 friends, 1 male and 1 female, and NO ROMANCE PLEASE.
    • Section Leader
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Possible cast spoilers

Spoiler:
    Show
    Ooh, I saw this.

Spoiler:
    Show
    don't feel like I've got to know and love Clara yet - wanted a bit longer. Ah well, shall be fub to see what happens

ReputationRep:
    Possible cast spoilers

Spoiler:
    Show
    Spoiler:
    Show
    She's not. They have to announce cast leaving beforehand so their agents know of their availability. Steven Moffat has said so before in interviews.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unibuster325)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    She's not. They have to announce cast leaving beforehand so their agents know of their availability. Steven Moffat has said so before in interviews.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    There's nothing to say that they haven't discussed this! They might be keeping it secret if it's a plot spoiler... Still not sure whether it's true but it's not impossible!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bubble999)
    Ooh, I saw this.

Spoiler:
    Show
    don't feel like I've got to know and love Clara yet - wanted a bit longer. Ah well, shall be fub to see what happens
    Not really a spoiler any more but...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Have you re-watched series 7? I only ask because I felt exactly that way after watching them on TV but I recently re-watched them all and I feel like I didn't give her enough of a chance - her story isn't fantastic but she's much more rounded than I thought at first. I'm warming to her :p:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2017
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.