Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers) Watch

• View Poll Results: What did you think about the first storyline of series 9?
    Excellent
    0%
    Good
    0%
    Average
    0%
    Poor
    0%
    Awful
    0%

• TSR Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Only one day left:jive:
    • Section Leader
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    I guess if nobody else adds one (unlikely! :giggle:) I will keep an eye and add one about 15 mins before it starts.
    We can put you in charge of the poll, and hope you don't rig it to your liking - you seem trustworthy :mmm:
    • Section Leader
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by getfunky!)
    Only one day left:jive:
    Cannot waitttt, hurry up DW
    • TSR Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bubble999)
    Cannot waitttt, hurry up DW
    It's almost here:zomg:prepare yourself Bublé
    • Section Leader
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    It's almost here:zomg:prepare yourself Bublé
    Hehe :gah:

ReputationRep:
    We can put you in charge of the poll, and hope you don't rig it to your liking - you seem trustworthy :mmm:
    Aww, thanks. :blush: I am, I am! :teehee:

Actually it might be fun to have two new polls - one to rate tomorrow's episode and then a longer 'tracking poll' on how Peter C is doing as Doctor Twelve. << (I am officially informed by experts on here that he is indeed number XII and not perhaps XIII or even XIV as suggested in various media discussions. :nah:)

ReputationRep:
    Didn't he get described as the 'War Doctor' at some point? TBH, I think his Doctorhood was fairly established during the show. Is this about not breaking the 'only 12 regenerations' rule, or is there something else going on? I worry that John Hurt was just too big a name to bestow 'Doctor' on, after all, he would have to spend the rest of his life going to conventions. :rolleyes:
    No, that was just us Whovians and later, the promotional stuff all describing him as that. He doesn't actually describe himself as the War Doctor on-screen. He doesn't go by any name at all.
    • Section Leader
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Aww, thanks. :blush: I am, I am! :teehee:

Actually it might be fun to have two new polls - one to rate tomorrow's episode and then a longer 'tracking poll' on how Peter C is doing as Doctor Twelve. << (I am officially informed by experts on here that he is indeed number XII and not perhaps XIII or even XIV as suggested in various media discussions. :nah:)
    Woo do it :woo:

I agree, he is twelve. War doctor and a doctor years ago in a film (apparenty another one years before the 1996 one), do not count

ReputationRep:
    Woo do it :woo:

I agree, he is twelve. War doctor and a doctor years ago in a film (apparenty another one years before the 1996 one), do not count
    Personally I feel sceptical about the canonicity of the Paul McGann Doctor - really that was such a one off - other than I suppose Sylvester McCoy's appearance in it lends it an aura of credibility. I mean, Peter Cushing's movie for example is never regarded as an authentic Doctor and isn't the McGann thing a bit similar to that?
    • Section Leader
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Personally I feel sceptical about the canonicity of the Paul McGann Doctor - really that was such a one off - other than I suppose Sylvester McCoy's appearance in it lends it an aura of credibility. I mean, Peter Cushing's movie for example is never regarded as an authentic Doctor and isn't the McGann thing a bit similar to that?
    I think the fact McGann's doctor has been talked about and included in things (such as when the faces are recalled e.g in the Eleventh Hour) so he's seen as one of them. I agree it was a short lived appearance so I personally wouldn't count him, but I always see Tennant as 10 etc.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, new to the website and such but i stumbled across this thread and since i love the show, i thought i'd offer my two cents on how i see the whole numbering system. Even made a little table

Attached Images

• TSR Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Hehe :gah:

"Hey! do you chat to people or just use TSR for the ego boost?"
    :hat:
    • Section Leader
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calileo)
    Hey, new to the website and such but i stumbled across this thread and since i love the show, i thought i'd offer my two cents on how i see the whole numbering system. Even made a little table

Hey, welcome

There was another doctor from a film years ago
    • Section Leader
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    "Hey! do you chat to people or just use TSR for the ego boost?"
    :hat:
    I do, ****s... I mean Funks :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Hey, welcome

There was another doctor from a film years ago
    Thanks
    I'm guessing you mean Peter Cushing's Doctor right? If so, his one isn't officially recognised. Moffat did apparantly want some reference to him in the 50th though!
    • Section Leader
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Thanks
    I'm guessing you mean Peter Cushing's Doctor right? If so, his one isn't officially recognised. Moffat did apparantly want some reference to him in the 50th though!
    Yep I know but he still was the doctor, so some may count him :dontknow:
    Ooh I didn't know that :shock:

ReputationRep:
    Yep I know but he still was the doctor, so some may count him :dontknow:
    Ooh I didn't know that :shock:
    From what i've read he wanted to have the two movie posters inside the black archive for zygon kate and clara to walk past. To me it seemed the way moffat talked about it, that he wanted cushing's to actually be a film version where the first doctor's adventures had been noticed but sort of distorted. I suppose kind of a true story chinese whispers film.
    • Section Leader
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    From what i've read he wanted to have the two movie posters inside the black archive for zygon kate and clara to walk past. To me it seemed the way moffat talked about it, that he wanted cushing's to actually be a film version where the first doctor's adventures had been noticed but sort of distorted. I suppose kind of a true story chinese whispers film.
    That would have been so good, why didn't that happen? :sad:

ReputationRep:
    That would have been so good, why didn't that happen? :sad:
    Couldn't get the rights to the official posters because of the price or something like that. Oh well at least now in just under 24 hours we get our lovely new shiny capaldi doctor
    Have you had a go at the browser ad game on youtube to see the exclusive content?
    • Welcome Squad

CANT WAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTT TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

:eek3:

:party:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2017
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.