Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers) Watch

• View Poll Results: What did you think about the first storyline of series 9?
    Excellent
    0%
    Good
    0%
    Average
    0%
    Poor
    0%
    Awful
    0%

ReputationRep:
    I think the Dr needs to realise he can't have Clara

Posted from TSR Mobile

That Courtney girl :erm:

ReputationRep:
    The Dr thinking that guy who looked liked his old reincarnation was Clara's boyfriend is telling. The

Lets face it the robot is only there as a means to do the Clara/Danny/Dr stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingStannis)
    The Dr thinking that guy who looked liked his old reincarnation was Clara's boyfriend is telling. The

Lets face it the robot is only there as a means to do the Clara/Danny/Dr stuff.

Yes, reminded me of the whole "I'm not your boyfriend" [...] "I never said it was your mistake" thing.

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was about average really. It wasn't terrible but neither was it particulatly memorable. Gareth Roberts can do better than this.

Oh, and a Ian Chesterton cameo would have improved the episode a lot.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else think this doctor is like Sherlock?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timeywimey)
    Yes, I think he's very similar in approach and attitude to Benedict Cumberbatch's portrayal. Mainly because of the whole social awkwardness.

ReputationRep:
    I quite enjoyed that episode, although I'm still waiting for a better episode- the stories this year are disappointing me. This episode was let down by the killer robot. For the universe's deadliest killer robot ever made, it looked extremely lame. And I think they must have been low on budget by this episode, because to me it looked like it was made out of something that was a lot softer than the solid metal we all expect our killer robots to be made out of. And the problem/solution dialogue was also very tame. If a story features the universe's deadliest robot, I want to experience a little of the fear that would happen if it was real.

(Original post by timeywimey)
    Yes. I also thought the music in yesterday's episode seemed very like the Sherlock theme tune at one point. :erm:

I'm a big fan of Sherlock, but god damn it, Moffat, they're two separate shows!!

ReputationRep:
    I see no, or at least, very little continuity between the Sherlock character and the Dr.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing special but the quality has improved since the last series at least. Poorest episode of the series in my opinion. That robot did not look like the deadliest robot in the galaxy and I am getting tired of robots. I want to see some mastermind aliens and a battle of wits rather than all the technology and sonic screwdriver waving.

Calling it now. Danny will die saving Clara by the end of the series. The Doctor will then relise that not all soldiers are as bad as he thinks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    Nothing special but the quality has improved since the last series at least. Poorest episode of the series in my opinion. That robot did not look like the deadliest robot in the galaxy and I am getting tired of robots. I want to see some mastermind aliens and a battle of wits rather than all the technology and sonic screwdriver waving.

Calling it now. Danny will die saving Clara by the end of the series. The Doctor will then relise that not all soldiers are as bad as he thinks.
    I certainly hope so.

The Dr doesn't hate soldiers, he hates himself imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingStannis)
    We certainly hope so.

The Dr doesn't hate soldiers, he hates himself imo.
    Aye, he hates how he acted in the Time War obviously so maybe this act would help him realise who he is and accept it.

ReputationRep:
    So little happened in The Caretaker that the only thoughts I had were:

Would I rather an invisibility watch or Bernard's Watch?
    Would I rather a hot and sweaty Jenna Coleman (five minutes into the episode) or a soaking wet Jenna Coleman (Cold War)?

Nice to see Chris Addison all the same.

ReputationRep:
    i thought the episode was good.

The robot however i found to be totally lacking. It was nothing like a deadly robot, nothing at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hugs31)

Would I rather a hot and sweaty Jenna Coleman (five minutes into the episode) or a soaking wet Jenna Coleman (Cold War)?

Bernard's watch, soaking wet. HTH.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hugs31)

Bernard's watch.
    Soaking wet. :coma:

ReputationRep:
    #i'llslapyousohardyou'llregenera te
    #DrClarabeef

Meh episode
    I was basically asleep for the first half hour but last half was better

ReputationRep:
    Seriously, what kind of episode was that? Am I the only one thats genuinely disappointed?!

ReputationRep:
    The forced 'comedy' and cringiness of this episode was just hard to bear. Horrible, horrible writing.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2017
Poll
Which pet is the best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.