Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers) Watch

• View Poll Results: What did you think about the first storyline of series 9?
    Excellent
    0%
    Good
    0%
    Average
    0%
    Poor
    0%
    Awful
    0%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    I noticed that Clara's mother dies in March 2005, March 2005 is when the Doctor returned.
    (Original post by SciFiRory)
    nice spot :yy:

I thought the 2nd episode was pretty good, some elements weren't new I guess but I tend to expect that with the BBC the stuff with Clara is developing pretty interestingly thus far though!
    Good point. She didn't seem that upset, which is odd...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I noticed that Clara's mother dies in March 2005, March 2005 is when the Doctor returned.
    What happened in 2005?

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't believe Clara was willing to give up her mother's ring for the moped...

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone realised this is Clara's third incarnation just as it is the Doctor's third regeneration since the reboot of Doctor Who?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoshL123)
    What happened in 2005?
    It's when Doctor Who came back, perhaps the murdering dummies from episode 1 killed her.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    And the car that nearly killed leaf guy was same as one which killed Rose's Dad

Plus multiple similarities between Jack and Clara...

It all seems to be linked together but I don't get how?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)

Haven't noticed that - like what?

ReputationRep:

...Whoa. If this isn't a false alarm, then you could be onto something in a big way. I noticed the 2005 date, but thought it was a randomly chosen date - if this links back to Rose somehow that'd be mad.
    that said, I hope Moffat doesn't take such a madly brilliant idea and mess it up. I'm already really worried for the 50th anniversary

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kings0)
    ...Whoa. If this isn't a false alarm, then you could be onto something in a big way. I noticed the 2005 date, but thought it was a randomly chosen date - if this links back to Rose somehow that'd be mad.
    that said, I hope Moffat doesn't take such a madly brilliant idea and mess it up. I'm already really worried for the 50th anniversary
    Saaaames on the worrying front... he just throws in a paradox and then something to fix everything up :L
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    What a terrible driver.

ReputationRep:

Being honest, most of Moffat's characters act the same, all flirty and stuff. Like:

Captain Jack
    Amy Pond
    River Song
    Clara/s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chernid)
    Being honest, most of Moffat's characters act the same, all flirty and stuff. Like:

Captain Jack
    Amy Pond
    River Song
    Clara/s
    (Original post by Watch Key Phone)
    Plus the doctor said they're both not possible...
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kings0)
    Yeah completely agree, could just be crappy BBC prop department, but could mean something.

And I think there's just too many things going on for all the similarities she has to other people to be a coincidence.

(Original post by Sherlockedd)
    Saaaames on the worrying front... he just throws in a paradox and then something to fix everything up :L
    It'll be "and then the Doctor woke up and it was all a dream" :sigh:

(Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
    What a terrible driver.
    :teehee:

(Original post by chernid)

Captain Jack
    Amy Pond
    River Song
    Clara/s

(Original post by Sherlockedd)
    Plus the doctor said they're both not possible...

(Original post by Watch Key Phone)
    What Sherlockedd said plus the TARDIS tried to shake Jack off and wouldn't let Clara in...because they both aren't possible.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else seen this theory about Clara? It's amazing how well it works, and if it's true it'll be brilliant and if not then Moffat will have a hard time beating it!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cadaeibfeceh)
    Has anyone else seen this theory about Clara? It's amazing how well it works, and if it's true it'll be brilliant and if not then Moffat will have a hard time beating it!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Whilst i don't see the evidence for her being the emperor i do think it could have something to do with BadWolf now (plus i already noted the date connection) but i never noticed the roses in the hair or got the girl in the shop connection. Another thing to bear in mind as well is that whilst we know Dalek Clara is not this one, she was right next to the Daleks who had met the Doctor so it is possible that Dalek Clara was at the Emperor battle and a combination of computer skills and time vortex have led to this.

I love paradoxes, it's a shame temporal science won't be advanced enough in our lifetimes.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Whilst i don't see the evidence for her being the emperor i do think it could have something to do with BadWolf now (plus i already noted the date connection) but i never noticed the roses in the hair or got the girl in the shop connection. Another thing to bear in mind as well is that whilst we know Dalek Clara is not this one, she was right next to the Daleks who had met the Doctor so it is possible that Dalek Clara was at the Emperor battle and a combination of computer skills and time vortex have led to this.

I love paradoxes, it's a shame temporal science won't be advanced enough in our lifetimes.
    Speculation
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I like the idea of it being related to Rose and Bad Wolf. But I feel like we were given the impression that dalek Oswin already knew something about the Doctor, i.e. that she was a future version of our current Clara. Her use of the phrase "run you clever boy and remember" seemed very deliberate in that episode, compared to the incidental way it was used in the wi-fi episode. Plus the fact that she apparently created the nickname Oswin for herself in the wi-fi episode, and was then using that in the dalek episode.

ReputationRep:
    some of the theories are great
    Spoiler:
    Show
    problem is I just don't trust the BBC to do this properly...I think it's far far more likely the 50th anniversary will be more of a standalone type thing, they can milk it for cash on BBC worldwide better that way, tv companies always put their bottom line and such ahead of what fans want sadly, so I have a feeling that the Clara arc won't involve Rose or Tennant at all...I mean if the BBC are willing to shaft long time UK fans with these insane waits between episodes purely so they can set them in the USA and market/air them at at time to suit BBC worldwide rather than the fans who have been with the show from day one, then I really find it hard to trust them to do the 50th in a way that is best for the fans.

(I am overly cynical about things though perhaps )

ReputationRep:
    That is honestly the most genius thing I have ever read surrounding Doctor Who, by gummo she's good!

Really hope it's true- mind= blown! :eek:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    That is an AMAZING theory and ties in with a lot of my thoughts. If this doesn't happen can we hire her to write for the show?

ReputationRep:
    Just managed to watch Saturdays episode and actually quite enjoyed it, wasn't the best but it was good seeing A bit more of Clara's life exposed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2017
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.