The Student Room Group

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Eva.Gregoria
Just started watching doctor who a few weeks ago, so as you can imagine I am very confused about who's who (no pun intended).

I like the scottish guy though.

If you want a nice arc to get into watch..

Series 7 Episode 1 - Asylum of the Daleks
Series 7 Christmas - Snowmen
Series 7 Episode 6 - Bells of Saint John
Series 7 episode 13 - Name of the Doctor
I enjoyed the episode (would have liked it more if it wasn't for the fact that one of my friends didn't realise that I was out that evening and text me the big reveal :frown: )

I am holding judgement as to what I think of Missy as the master. I am hoping that they will explain a bit of how she got to where she is.
Original post by Rakas21
If you want a nice arc to get into watch..

Series 7 Episode 1 - Asylum of the Daleks
Series 7 Christmas - Snowmen
Series 7 Episode 6 - Bells of Saint John
Series 7 episode 13 - Name of the Doctor

Where can I find these episodes?

For legal reasons i can't post the link.
(edited 9 years ago)

Original post by Rakas21

IIRC those are on Netflix now too. Some of them are, certainly.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Rakas21

OMG, now I can catch up on everything!

...and doctor who, of course. Not gonna forget that :wink:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Feefifofum
IIRC those are on Netflix now too. Some of them are, certainly.

Netflix isn't worth it imo. Too expensive and not enough good shows for the price, especially the UK version.
I can't believe how behind I am on DW! I thought "Flatline" was the best episode so far, haven't even watched the finale yet! (Although it's recorded).
Netflix isn't worth it imo. Too expensive and not enough good shows for the price, especially the UK version.

:dontknow: Fair enough. It does certainly get to a stage where you have watched the things you are going to want to watch. Although there are ways of accessing US Netflix that vastly increases the number of shows/films available :ninja:
Really good episode, and perfect introduction for who Missy really is - I called it weeks ago:ahee: I hope she returns for the next series
Original post by Aula
Point is that you use it in the same way that people have used gay - if it is sometimes used to refer to a group of people in a derogatory way, the same rule applies to using it at any time. It's been that way for a while.

Go back and watch "the doctor's wife". We are clearly told (albeit as a throwaway comment) that the Corsair used to change gender.

I was right:jive:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2304512&page=180&p=49964803&highlight=#post49964803

I really recommend you start watching it from series 4, it has a lot of great episodes, and it'll work towards series 5, 6, and 7.

Original post by Feefifofum
:dontknow: Fair enough. It does certainly get to a stage where you have watched the things you are going to want to watch. Although there are ways of accessing US Netflix that vastly increases the number of shows/films available :ninja:
(edited 9 years ago)
Mod Note: Guys just a reminder to not chat about illegal methods of acquiring episodes of Doctor Who! Thanks!
Original post by tomtjl
The public have no idea what the cybermen are, they obviously think they're harmless. And if this happened in real life, people would start taking selfies.

Public, if it is the actual real life London. Still a bit sceptical on it. Even so, people would surely remember them from 2006?

Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
Now I thought the exoskeleton comment was obvious - an inorganic humanoid exoskeleton, fairly obvious what that is.

Not sure about that - I like seeing the master back. John simm was one of my favourite villains, I'm looking forward to seeing how gomez does, and what shlers connection to clara is.

Don't see the problem with the gender change - it's been hinted at as canon before: the corsair in the doctors wife, creates an interesting twist as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aye which was a change made by Moffat and Gatiss. If it had been established pre-Moffat era I might be more accepting of it but I didn't like it then and I don't like it now.
Original post by SirMasterKey
Public, if it is the actual real life London. Still a bit sceptical on it. Even so, people would surely remember them from 2006?

Aye which was a change made by Moffat and Gatiss. If it had been established pre-Moffat era I might be more accepting of it but I didn't like it then and I don't like it now.

As far as I'm aware, everytime there has been a Cyberman invasion in London there has been some sort of alternate universe fix that stops it from ever happening. I could be forgetting one though, which particular episode did you mean?
Original post by tomtjl
As far as I'm aware, everytime there has been a Cyberman invasion in London there has been some sort of alternate universe fix that stops it from ever happening. I could be forgetting one though, which particular episode did you mean?

Presumably Army of Ghosts/Doomsday - which was the cybermen phasing through from the parallel universe into this one.
The thing i don't understand about Dr Who is that just a few years earlier a Dalek/Cyberman invasion nearly destroyed the world and people are now seeing the Cybermen and are just like "yeah this is cool"
Original post by SirMasterKey

It was mentioned in Victory of the Daleks that Amy had no memory of the Daleks or Cybermen.

It was never explained.
Original post by Rakas21
It was mentioned in Victory of the Daleks that Amy had no memory of the Daleks or Cybermen.

It was never explained.

Ohh yeah, so they presumably fell into the crack and never existed? (that particular generation of daleks/cybers)

Quick Reply

Latest