The Student Room Group

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4400
Original post by getfunky!
Haven't watched it yet, but I presume another wasted chance for a good episode ..like that Christmas special with Michael Gambon:nooo:

Watch it before you pass judgement :hmmm:

I spoke to someone in a shop yesterday who admired my t-shirt (which was a Doctor Who/Anna from frozen crossover :love:) and had a nice little conversation about the special. Turns out they cried through the episode :mmm: (though they did admit that they'd had quite a lot to drink...)
Original post by Aula

I spoke to someone in a shop yesterday who admired my t-shirt (which was a Doctor Who/Anna from frozen crossover :love:) and had a nice little conversation about the special. Turns out they cried through the episode :mmm: (though they did admit that they'd had quite a lot to drink...)

OOo what tshirt?
Reply 4402
Reply 4404
Original post by greeneyedgirl
Ha ha amazing!

I have about 5 of her disney/doctor who crossovers :mmm:
So I avoided this thread and watched the Christmas episode. It really was a unique concept for an antagonist, really cool to glimpse into Clara's future for a brief moment too. Hopefully that is the last we see of Danny though, really can't stand him.
Okay, wtf. The episode is not turning up on iplayer. I'm very pissed off.
nevermind found it
OMG THE OPENING SCENE!!! I'm In HYSTERICS!!! That was ****ing funny.
Well that was the best Christmas episode ever. Anyone who disagrees is wrong.

But I thought Clara was supposed to be going. Oh well.
I watched the episode yesterday and I have to say I liked it. The whole "metaphorical Santa is actually your subconscious but actually not because he's real" thing was a little bit odd, but Nick Frost was a great Santa and overall the episode was a good one. I'm glad that Clara is staying for a while more, I never liked the way they parted in the ending of season 8 because it seemed like a bit of a forced exit. Also, as soon as she got attacked by the dream-insect-thing (can't remember the name for the life of me) I called that she was gonna end up killing herself so she could live with Danny so I'm glad that they anticipated that guess and made sure it didn't happen.
Original post by KingStannis
OMG THE OPENING SCENE!!! I'm In HYSTERICS!!! That was ****ing funny.

I'm not sure we watched the same episode...
Original post by Eva.Gregoria
I'm not sure we watched the same episode...

It was hilarious. I loved the irony.
I enjoyed Last Christmas, sure it was very Inception/Alien but I liked Capaldi and Frost in this one and the ensemble cast were good as well. It was nice just to have a standalone episode for Christmas as opposed to last year's and the End of Time. Hopefully Series 9 is a marked improvement, Last Christmas was certainly a decent episode and perhaps Moffat's best one as well.
Original post by cupcakes87
i liked it! was quite good! but watch and see what you think! :smile:

It was lot better than I expected, enjoyed it:ahee:
It was lot better than I expected, enjoyed it:ahee:

woooooooo! :woo:

:five:
Original post by Feefifofum
It's actually better than most Christmas episodes. Felt more like a normal mid-series episode than a Christmas special, apart from the appearance of Santa from time to time...

:yep: it did feel like a mid-series episode, much better than previous Christmas specials, and I did enjoy Nick Frost as Santa Claus:daydreaming: no loose ends in the episode ..well none that I can think of
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Aula

Okay it was a great episode, much better than I expected it to be, especially with Nick Frost.

aha cried through that episode, the small twist of 62 years was sorta ..emotional, maybe, I dunnodunno:lol:

I'll be doing whatever snow does in summeeeeeer!:ahee:
(edited 9 years ago)
Okay it was a great episode, much better than I expected it to be, especially with Nick Frost.

aha cried through that episode, the small twist of 62 years was sorta ..emotional, maybe, I dunnodunno:lol:

I'll be doing whatever snow does in summeeeeeer!:ahee:

You ruin all my plans to be productive with your awesome avatar...I just watch it far too long!

:console:
I have a sneaky suspicion that they're still dreaming.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending