Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers) Watch

• View Poll Results: What did you think about the first storyline of series 9?
    Excellent
    0%
    Good
    0%
    Average
    0%
    Poor
    0%
    Awful
    0%

ReputationRep:
    the double episodes thing is because the theme of the series is about facing and cheating death. Everything seems to be lingering longer now so the show's form might as well be extended.

ReputationRep:
    Thought 'The Girl Who Died' was okay, but because it Mathieson (who wrote the two best episodes of last series) I was expecting a bit more (bit like Neil Gaiman with Nightmare In Silver). Capaldi has been excellent this series (prefer his old costume not this scruffier look. I don't like the shades though the sonic had basically become a magic wand under Moffat) and he had some good lines in this episode. I liked the idea of a space version of YouTube, imagine the hits on that video they recorded haha!
    • Welcome Squad

omg we aren't going to have the whole 'girl who died twice' thing again like with clara are we?

ReputationRep:
    well i found that rather enjoyable. this series has been brilliant so far
    • Welcome Squad

that was rather good
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Very good episode. Best of the series.

ReputationRep:
    Did no one else pick up on her highwayman name "Nightmare" shes called Nightmare and has the body of a child aka Nightmare Child, and shes also a hybrid as some people have said before.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    How many episodes will Clara stay for? Until she appeared that was a great episode.

The series has largely been good but the episode before this one was terrible in my opinion but this week saved it

ReputationRep:
    I really hope that they get rid of the sonic screwdriver soon because so far it is terribly annoying! I thought the episode was ok and much better than previous ones, but there were moments which seemed childish - which seems to be a normal occurrence ever since capaldi became the doctor!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teddysmith123)
    I really hope that they get rid of the sonic screwdriver soon because so far it is terribly annoying! I thought the episode was ok and much better than previous ones, but there were moments which seemed childish - which seems to be a normal occurrence ever since capaldi became the doctor!
    It seems to be a normal occurrence since Moffat got busy with Sherlock. He should focus on one programme and ditch the other. Doctor who is on the decline anyway and needs to be passed on to a new writer so Moffat can carry on with Sherlock. Even this Victorian Sherlock special is set to disappoint as millions of fans solely care about moriartys fake death since the last cliff hanger. The last season of DW was almost unwatchable in my opinion but this one was alright so far and I'm preparing for the mega episodes that will see Clara inevitably leave after a long tenure in the tardis. This is pure speculation and in no way a spoiler, Clara could leave this or next season or even later to my knowledge.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Questioner1234)
    It seems to be a normal occurrence since Moffat got busy with Sherlock. He should focus on one programme and ditch the other. Doctor who is on the decline anyway and needs to be passed on to a new writer so Moffat can carry on with Sherlock. Even this Victorian Sherlock special is set to disappoint as millions of fans solely care about moriartys fake death since the last cliff hanger. The last season of DW was almost unwatchable in my opinion but this one was alright so far and I'm preparing for the mega episodes that will see Clara inevitably leave after a long tenure in the tardis. This is pure speculation and in no way a spoiler, Clara could leave this or next season or even later to my knowledge.
    So basically you think Clara will leave at some point. Pretty much a given, no?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    Haha, I just didn't want to be accused of giving a spoiler that she'll leave given the title of this thread.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by Questioner1234)
    Haha, I just didn't want to be accused of giving a spoiler that she'll leave given the title of this thread.
    I am genuinely impressed that you've managed to avoid any finding out actual spoilers relating to this. I found out some information regarding it from Facebook and in the metro and I think somewhere else as well. My face was actually like this

I take my hat off to you, good sir :hat2:

I definitely enjoyed that one more than last weeks! Possibly my favourite of the series, but the first of the flooded barracks one was also pretty good... Tough call!

And with regards to the nightmare/nightmare child speculation above, I'm pretty sure that it was 'knightmare' on the wanted posters?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drbluebox)
    Did no one else pick up on her highwayman name "Nightmare" shes called Nightmare and has the body of a child aka Nightmare Child, and shes also a hybrid as some people have said before.
    it is an interesting theory

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aula)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I am genuinely impressed that you've managed to avoid any finding out actual spoilers relating to this. I found out some information regarding it from Facebook and in the metro and I think somewhere else as well. My face was actually like this

I take my hat off to you, good sir :hat2:

I definitely enjoyed that one more than last weeks! Possibly my favourite of the series, but the first of the flooded barracks one was also pretty good... Tough call!

And with regards to the nightmare/nightmare child speculation above, I'm pretty sure that it was 'knightmare' on the wanted posters?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    In previous seasons I used to actively seek information about upcoming episodes and I was really keen. But after the catastrophic disaster that was the last season I really have lost hope. I now just watch the episodes and take it as it comes waiting for Clara to leave. I do think that when she leaves, the show will benefit as long as she is not replaced by this Viking medieval knightmare. Also, I don't think capaldi was solely to blame for the decline in quality. The early episodes of this season were pretty good with davros and the underwater base. However, the writers have focussed on this element of cheating death. The characters always seem to never be able to die no matter what. It's almost as if doctor who were told by the bbc they're not allowed to show deaths(this is probably false though).
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    She leaves in episode 12 from what I read.

We then have a guest for Christmas (easy to find out who through google).

The new companion probably comes at the start of next season.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    She leaves in episode 12 from what I read.

We then have a guest for Christmas (easy to find out who through google).

The new companion probably comes at the start of next season.
    You forgot the slash at the end of the spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Good episode, so glad there was no Clara and her predictable "I'm a sassy hot girl lol" routine, smh.

ReputationRep:
    Don't you think doctor who and Ashildr or "Me" are good for each other. She's immortal and that means they always be together. She can be his new companion.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Waliid)
    Don't you think doctor who and Ashildr or "Me" are good for each other. She's immortal and that means they always be together. She can be his new companion.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    She's got the feel of being the main antagonist this season. But I think we will be seeing a lot more of her.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I wonder if she kills Clara in the end.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2017
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.