The Student Room Group

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rakas21
Have to disagree. Its the first time somebody has died properly and that's great. Even got to see the Doctor angry.

i see what you mean but i actually wasn't expecting her to die (i somehow managed to avoid spoilers) so the whole thing was really sudden and seemed a bit rushed. Also as @DarkMagic said she died for some character we met in one episode ages ago and i don't really get why this particular peril needed her to die. it didn't seem any more dramatic than usual tbh :s-smilie:
Original post by Hugs31
Thought the Doctor's threatening Ashildr was compromised by the fact she had no problem tying him up to a chair in The Woman Who Lived, though I suppose the Doctor (like in The Family of Blood) brings hell (on those who make him angry) in different ways.
The idea of trap streets were clever but I was anticipating an ending like Mummy On The Orient Express where the Doctor would have then taken the tattoo and somehow stopped the raven, which made me wonder whether the Doctor could have taken the hit and regenerated. Perhaps Jenna should have quit at the end of Death In Heaven, rarely do companions just decide to leave (apart from Martha) and I thought that was better.
The Doctor's purple velvet jacket suited him a lot better than the hoodie, they don't seem to be able to decide on a costume for Capaldi's Doctor they're always changing it so much (must have been about ten or fifteen variations).

I think the actress who plays Clara wanted to leave at the end of last season (She may have died inbetween the events of the last season and this one or simply left), but she was tricked into staying on against her wishes.
At least I think I remember reading an article about this before?
Need to ask, is the Raven the Shade or is it the delivery man who gives the "soul" to the Shade?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Andy98
True, although I'm with Questioner on this one - seems odd for them to bin her mid season

Indeed, something isn't quite right.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

Guys, Clara is gone for good. She starts filming for her new TV series about queen Victoria soon.

Overall, I was satisfied with the episode. She's the first companion in the new who to actually die and now that somebody has actually died the writers might not be too afraid to kill people off in the future, if necessary.
Original post by tomtjl
Guys, Clara is gone for good. She starts filming for her new TV series about queen Victoria soon.

Overall, I was satisfied with the episode. She's the first companion in the new who to actually die and now that somebody has actually died the writers might not be too afraid to kill people off in the future, if necessary.

what about Amy and Rory?
Reply 4926
Original post by CoolCavy
what about Amy and Rory?

Displaced in time and space, not dead.
Original post by Aph
Displaced in time and space, not dead.

but they jumped of a building :s-smilie:
Reply 4928
but they jumped of a building :s-smilie:

Which created a paradox so they survived that then got sent back by the angel who survived tge paradox.
Original post by Aph
Which created a paradox so they survived that then got sent back by the angel who survived tge paradox.

yeah but they were still dead in the present, they had gravestones and stuff :redface:
yeah but they were still dead in the present, they had gravestones and stuff :redface:

Yeh but all the companions are going to die sometime if you take that viewpoint.Companions the Doctor dropped off in the past are dead now obviously and also some of those who have died in the present like the Brigadier and probably Sarah Jane now that the actor is dead.
(edited 8 years ago)
I really don't rate this new Doctor

Considering the show is about time travel, how exactly do you define "the present"? :smile:.
Original post by Scienceisgood
I think the actress who plays Clara wanted to leave at the end of last season (She may have died inbetween the events of the last season and this one or simply left), but she was tricked into staying on against her wishes.
At least I think I remember reading an article about this before?

Yeah that's right and then the ending for Last Christmas was rewritten when she decided to stay on, I really liked the café scene at the end of Death In Heaven so I kinda wish that had been how they tied it up. Thought we'd seen the last of River as well (don't like her character at all, I think the Madame de Pompadour/Doctor love story which was similar was much better) but she'll be in the Christmas episode, nothing against Alex Kingston as an actress but I never liked River Song same with Michelle Williams and her character as well.
Original post by Dalek1099

Spoiler

Good shout

what about Amy and Rory?

A) they're not dead
B) Rory wasn't even human by the end of his tenure

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hugs31
Yeah that's right and then the ending for Last Christmas was rewritten when she decided to stay on, I really liked the café scene at the end of Death In Heaven so I kinda wish that had been how they tied it up. Thought we'd seen the last of River as well (don't like her character at all, I think the Madame de Pompadour/Doctor love story which was similar was much better) but she'll be in the Christmas episode, nothing against Alex Kingston as an actress but I never liked River Song same with Michelle Williams and her character as well.

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which is what I said right? At least we only have a couple of weeks to wait for the Christmas episode, not like when RTD was head writer where the Christmas episode came six months after the series finale.
Original post by Hugs31
Which is what I said right? At least we only have a couple of weeks to wait for the Christmas episode, not like when RTD was head writer where the Christmas episode came six months after the series finale.

Oops:colondollar: didn't spot that bit

Although yeah, that's a perk.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
Oops:colondollar: didn't spot that bit

Although yeah, that's a perk.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Saying that, the Christmas episodes are a mixed bag (much like the seasonal box of Quality Street, other boxes of sweets are available); The Runaway Bride, The Next Doctor, A Christmas Carol and Last Christmas I enjoyed. The Doctor, The Widow and The Wardrobe and The End of Time (1 and 2) not so much and then The Christmas Invasion, Voyage of the Damned, The Snowmen and Time of the Doctor were okay.
Original post by Hugs31
Saying that, the Christmas episodes are a mixed bag (much like the seasonal box of Quality Street, other boxes of sweets are available); The Runaway Bride, The Next Doctor, A Christmas Carol and Last Christmas I enjoyed. The Doctor, The Widow and The Wardrobe and The End of Time (1 and 2) not so much and then The Christmas Invasion, Voyage of the Damned, The Snowmen and Time of the Doctor were okay.

How very true. Although I'm not sure how they'll beat Nick Frost as Mr Claus, if they take that route

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending