Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers) Watch

• View Poll Results: What did you think about the first storyline of series 9?
    Excellent
    0%
    Good
    0%
    Average
    0%
    Poor
    0%
    Awful
    0%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yoghurt)
    The name of the Series 7 Finale has been revealed:

Spoiler:
    Show
    The Name of the Doctor

Poster for the Finale:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Spoiler:
    Show
    So how is the 11th supposed to 'fall' and simultaneously appear in the 50th anniversary episode 5 months later?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rascacielos)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    So how is the 11th supposed to 'fall' and simultaneously appear in the 50th anniversary episode 5 months later?
    I think that is one of the great mysteries of Moffat, anything is possible

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VladThe1mpaler)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Is he in love with River? What evidence do we have that he truly "loves" her? If he does, it certainly wouldn't be on the same level as his love for Rose.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Well, he is married to her... Can't imagine Rose would be totally happy with that.

The 50th is going to need to be really long just to explain what happened to human doctor (given that DT is not filming in his blue 'human doctor' suit), why Rose is back in this universe with the actual 11th, Matt Smith and Rose, Matt Smith and River, DT and River.... I wonder how there's going to be any comprehensible storyline at all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abbieastoria)
    I think that is one of the great mysteries of Moffat, anything is possible

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I agree, and I hope he pulls it off.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I wonder whether the "fall" of the 11th doesn't actually mean his regeneration.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Spoiler:
    Show
    i think they were purposely vague on that. Fall of the 11th really could mean anything yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yoghurt)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    i think they were purposely vague on that. Fall of the 11th really could mean anything yet
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I agree. I think it was intended to make people assume that it would be when the eleventh regenerates, though.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I agree. I think it was intended to make people assume that it would be when the eleventh regenerates, though.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Perhaps it's a red herring and has nothing to do with 11 regenerating, as we know he doesn't =/

Plus, thinking about it, although we don't really know what happens yet, anyone wanna speculate on why The Silence doesn't want people knowing The Doc's name?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gjaykay)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Perhaps it's a red herring and has nothing to do with 11 regenerating, as we know he doesn't =/

Plus, thinking about it, although we don't really know what happens yet, anyone wanna speculate on why The Silence doesn't want people knowing The Doc's name?
    I don't think speculation on the doctor's name needs a spoiler, does it?

I know there's been quite a bit of emphasis on the power of words recently, but I just can't think of a word which could be so powerful that it's basically capable of tearing the universe apart. Unless it's a code for something - like the base code of the universe (but not, because that was Amy's time) or something daft like that.

ReputationRep:
    I agree, and I hope he pulls it off.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I wonder whether the "fall" of the 11th doesn't actually mean his regeneration.
    Blatently it is

Spoiler:
    Show
    He falls over a brick lying in the road. :pierre:

He mentions about falling over a brick and dying in The Next Doctor.

ReputationRep:
    The Doctor's name is...

Spoiler:
    Show
    Rumplestiltskin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colonel.)
    The Doctor's name is...

Spoiler:
    Show
    Rumplestiltskin
    No, the Doctor's name is...

Spoiler:
    Show
    Ed Balls
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
    :awesome:
    So good!!!!!

Btw. Why is everyone putting their opinions and theories in spoilers? As long as its not solid fact about future shows surely its okay not to spoiler it

Like if it said "I think the doctors name is Davey" that would be okay right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abbieastoria)
    So good!!!!!

Btw. Why is everyone putting their opinions and theories in spoilers? As long as its not solid fact about future shows surely its okay not to spoiler it

Like if it said "I think the doctors name is Davey" that would be okay right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If it's a theory based on a solid fact then it should be spoilered.

So in this case
    spoiler stating what the speculation is based on
    The speculation is based on the announced title of the 50th anniversary special, hence should be spoilered

ReputationRep:
    On the Crimson Horror:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Vastra, Jenny and Strax are back to save the Doctor and Clara before they fall victim to the Crimson Horror. Could be good.

On the 50th:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    It follows straight on from this series so look out for clues in it (says Billie Piper)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    On the Crimson Horror:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Vastra, Jenny and Strax are back to save the Doctor and Clara before they fall victim to the Crimson Horror. Could be good.

On the 50th:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    It follows straight on from this series so look out for clues in it (says Billie Piper)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Since they saw the other Clara there's surely going to be some kind of development.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Since they saw the other Clara there's surely going to be some kind of development.
    Very good point. :holmes:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I'm happy because by time I get back from work tomorrow (10pm English time) I can settle down and treat myself to Doctor Who!

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one not really all that bothered about the look of today's Doctor Who episode?
    Ghosts have been done before and I didn't like it much either... =l

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scienceisgood)
    Am I the only one not really all that bothered about the look of today's Doctor Who episode?
    Ghosts have been done before and I didn't like it much either... =l
    I hate to say this, but so far I haven't been all that impressed with the entire series. It's just kind of like.. get attacked, talk to monster, all good. And I don't like that.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2017
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.