Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers) Watch

• View Poll Results: What did you think about the first storyline of series 9?
    Excellent
    0%
    Good
    0%
    Average
    0%
    Poor
    0%
    Awful
    0%

ReputationRep:
    I think the episodes he wrote in the RTD era were brilliant though. The Empty Child was my first ever DW episode, and got me crying I was so scared of that boy in the gas mask :P

I say loved, every one except Girl in the Fireplace. That was horrifically dull.

ReputationRep:
    River song is my second favourite character after donnas grandad

Don't know why y'all be hating on her
    Wedding of river song is my favourite episode

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abbieastoria)
    River song is my second favourite character after donnas grandad

Don't know why y'all be hating on her
    Wedding of river song is my favourite episode

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I didn't mind her, but Moffat has overused her to the point at which I hate her.

ReputationRep:
    The only episodes that I truly enjoy watching with River as a major character are the library episodes in Season 4 and the Angels double parter in Season 5. Her novelty wore off really quickly and now she's just annoying; which may be in part down to Alex Kingston's portrayal of her. I'd put her on par with Jack Barrowman. The odd appearance here and there wouldn't be amiss but she appears way too many times for me to like her.

ReputationRep:
    Tiny new bit of information about the 50th anniv episode (not official BBC so in spoiler):

Spoiler:
    Show
    http://www.btvguide.com/news/details...John-Hurt-3610 - John Hurt to play a major role, and has "hinted that he is set to play "part of the Doctor" in a "kind of trinity" which includes the returning Tennant and the man currently inhabiting the role, Matt Smith."

There has already been speculation that he's another version of the Doctor, but I don't recall seeing the word 'trinity' in any spoilers on here...

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if it's already been said, but saw this on a comment on a review, potential spoiler about Clara:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Clara Oswin Oswald is an anagram of A Window Across All

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by montstar)
    Not sure if it's already been said, but saw this on a comment on a review, potential spoiler about Clara:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Clara Oswin Oswald is an anagram of A Window Across All

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Spoiler:
    Show
    If that's deliberate I'd guess each Clara is from a different parallel universe. Seems plausible for Doctor Who
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:

Warning, the top comments contain possible spoilers for the 50th anniversary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justanotherposter)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    If that's deliberate I'd guess each Clara is from a different parallel universe. Seems plausible for Doctor Who
    Sorry, I didn't mean to neg you, stupid iPhone touchscreen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowyowl)
    Sorry, I didn't mean to neg you, stupid iPhone touchscreen
    I repped to cancel it out...

ReputationRep:
    Heads up; there will be a prequel to next weeks finale on the Red Button after tonight's episode has aired.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s7/do...ed-button.html

ReputationRep:
    I am SO pumped for the finale. However, I now have to go and watch Series 6, as I stopped after the first four episodes because I thought it was awful.

ReputationRep:
    Is tonight the finale :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Rusty Spork)
    Is tonight the finale :confused:
    No. Today is 'Nightmare in Silver', next week is the finale:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    The Name of The Doctor

ReputationRep:
    Finale is next week already??!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    Finale is next week already??!
    it was only half a series remember

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boba)
    it was only half a series remember
    Yeah; I'm not sure if I like this setup.
    Part of me likes the episodes spread out, but part of me hates the waiting element of it. I just can't form an opinion.

ReputationRep:
    This girl is bloody infuriating.

ReputationRep:
    I really didnt like this ep, angie was so eurgh and badly done. The setting wasnt realistic at all and the ending was one of the generic 'boom doc has been saved' and had no build up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I didn't like the battle in the Doctor's head at all. One of my favourite episodes of the Moffat era though, but I think that just says more about his writing.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2017
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.