Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers) Watch

• View Poll Results: What did you think about the first storyline of series 9?
    Excellent
    0%
    Good
    0%
    Average
    0%
    Poor
    0%
    Awful
    0%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rascacielos)
    I know! It's going to be almost impossible to avoid spoilers - I've just had a close call with one on twitter. :rant: How long before the episode appears on the internet, do you think?

Some Amazon employee is going to be in deep doggy-doo tonight.
    It is likely to be on the internet somewhere, it is just a matter of finding it (if you wish to)

ReputationRep:
    I know! It's going to be almost impossible to avoid spoilers - I've just had a close call with one on twitter. :rant:
    How long before the episode appears on the internet, do you think?

Some Amazon employee is going to be in deep doggy-doo tonight.
    The issue with trying to find a legit copy is that its almost guaranteed to have spoilerific information next to it; that's why I'm reluctant to go around searching. I won't be able to avoid Doctor Who forums for a week either. :sad:

I'd say a day at most since bluray readers and ripping software has become more common on computers nowadays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowyowl)
    Reposting this so it gets noticed :sad:
    I think it was just a coincidence, but nice catch :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rmhumphries)
    It is likely to be on the internet somewhere, it is just a matter of finding it (if you wish to)
    I'd like to wait until next Saturday but I know the likelihood of reading a spoiler before then is quite high... and I would rather watch the episode online than find out via spoiler!

(Original post by Mr.Messy)
    that's why I'm reluctant to go around searching.
    Good point. I don't suppose it will pop up on the usual watchserieseu either. :cry2:

(Original post by Aula)
    I'd rather that anything relating to the DVDs and next weeks episode be kept out of the thread completely. If people want to discuss it, can it be kept to PMs please :puppyeyes:
    I second this! I've already accidentally read a spoiler on another forum:mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maid Marian)
    What forum?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maid Marian)
    A main spoiler?

I read how the episode starts, so I'm keeping away from all Doctor Who forums/links - apart from this one!

A main spoiler?

I read how the episode starts, so I'm keeping away from all Doctor Who forums/links - apart from this one!
    I'm not sure, it was on the Digital Spy forums, I started reading someone's post and then realised and quickly closed the tab!

I'm actually terrified now. I think I'm going to do the same as you - stick firmly to this forum and nowhere else!

PLEASE nobody post any spoilers or anything about the finale.
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MENDACIUM)
    Lol, Dr Who have a lot of plot mysteries to tie together tbh. They never told us what was up with amy, bad wolf..now river song, and then clara oswald?
    All of that stuff was explained, but what mystery was there ever about Amy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
    All of that stuff was explained, but what mystery was there ever about Amy?
    Bad Wolf and amy.

That scene with those time-things , and that picture frame with the wierd woman with the goggle on one eye - i think.

My memory of that episode/set of episodes aren't entirely clear - why she was taken, what they wanted with her, and her baby and so on.

Why the doctor picked on her and no-one else..where on earth her family was.

ReputationRep:
    Bad Wolf and amy.

That scene with those time-things , and that picture frame with the wierd woman with the goggle on one eye - i think.
    Madame Kovarian - worked for (with?) the Silence to capture Melody and condition her to kill the Doctor.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'those time-things'.

My memory of that episode/set of episodes aren't entirely clear - why she was taken, what they wanted with her, and her baby and so on.
    Her baby turned out to be River Song.... Born to kill the Doctor.

Why the doctor picked on her and no-one else..where on earth her family was.
    This was explained, although I'm a bit hazy on the details. I think basically the 'crack' was eating away at Amy's life (including eradicating her parents from existence), which is why they were restored with the Big Bang.

ReputationRep:
    anyone who has seen the finale due to the early release :P don't tell me spoilers or anyone but was it a good episode? just like a rating out of 10? was it a fitting finale or was it another episode to add to the vault of over confusing, silly episodes that doctor who has a tendency to do :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Munrot07)
    anyone who has seen the finale due to the early release :P don't tell me spoilers or anyone but was it a good episode? just like a rating out of 10? was it a fitting finale or was it another episode to add to the vault of over confusing, silly episodes that doctor who has a tendency to do :/
    Well Its not available anywhere online that I can find.

ReputationRep:
    Madame Kovarian - worked for (with?) the Silence to capture Melody and condition her to kill the Doctor.
    Melody was river song correct? Forgive me if i'm wrong, but is river song is the doctors wife, and Amy's child at the same time? If i can understand it correctly, river song i.e melody, had to kill the doctor to stop a paradox from occuring, he sacrificed his life.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'those time-things'.
    Those alien things. Like area-51 esque aliens:P Time things, they appeared to amy in the washroom when she had her phone. Lots of them were on the ceiling in the house or something:P

Her baby turned out to be River Song.... Born to kill the Doctor.
    But she never properly killed the doctor. She killed him because he had to be killed otherwise a paradox would ensue=p

This was explained, although I'm a bit hazy on the details. I think basically the 'crack' was eating away at Amy's life (including eradicating her parents from existence), which is why they were restored with the Big Bang.
    I get it now That makes sense!

Sorry if i'm a little hazy on the plot complexities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drbluebox)
    Well Its not available anywhere online that I can find.
    yeh but the people in america who preordered it will have seen it :P
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Bad Wolf.
    Rascacielios (I've changed your username since it's more awesome this way. xx) has got the Amy story covered, but the bad wolf one was simply Rose. The recurring message of bad wolf was permeated through time and space by Rose (who had absorbed the time vortex - becoming the bad wolf), as a method of leading their past-selves to this same position. It's a circular recurrence of cause and effect just like in Blink with the video tape.

Melody was river song correct? Forgive me if i'm wrong, but is river song is the doctors wife, and Amy's child at the same time? If i can understand it correctly, river song i.e melody, had to kill the doctor to stop a paradox from occuring, he sacrificed his life.
    Yes, River is the Doctor's wife and Amy's daughter. Amy is the Doctor's mother-in-law.

River Song was supposed to kill the Doctor - his "death" was like a fixed point in time that had to occur. In one timeline, River refused to kill the Doctor, so time collapsed into what we saw in the finale episode.

Those alien things. Like area-51 esque aliens:P Time things, they appeared to amy in the washroom when she had her phone. Lots of them were on the ceiling in the house or something:P
    The aliens (The Silence) were simply aliens working with Madame Kovarian to kill the Doctor due to a religious prophecy. Their presence in the orphanage is part of the whole kidnapping and raising Melody timeline.

But she never properly killed the doctor. She killed him because he had to be killed otherwise a paradox would ensue=p
    Nyeeh, wasn't so much a paradox. She was kidnapped to make it LOOK like she killed the Doctor (timey-wimely speaking), which was what the fixed point in time was. Madame Kovarian, of course, kidnapped her to REALLY kill the Doctor.

ReputationRep:
    I've not seen it but I read a spoiler free review - includes link to review. There are no spoilers on this page, but according to the page, the links contained therein do contain spoiler.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Apparently "it's as epic as they make it sound"
    Can be read at: http://bleedingcool.com/2013/05/12/t...doctor-is-out/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
    Rascacielios (I've changed your username since it's more awesome this way. xx) has got the Amy story covered, but the bad wolf one was simply Rose. The recurring message of bad wolf was permeated through time and space by Rose (who had absorbed the time vortex - becoming the bad wolf), as a method of leading their past-selves to this same position. It's a circular recurrence of cause and effect just like in Blink with the video tape.

Yes, River is the Doctor's wife and Amy's daughter. Amy is the Doctor's mother-in-law.

River Song was supposed to kill the Doctor - his "death" was like a fixed point in time that had to occur. In one timeline, River refused to kill the Doctor, so time collapsed into what we saw in the finale episode.

The aliens (The Silence) were simply aliens working with Madame Kovarian to kill the Doctor due to a religious prophecy. Their presence in the orphanage is part of the whole kidnapping and raising Melody timeline.

Nyeeh, wasn't so much a paradox. She was kidnapped to make it LOOK like she killed the Doctor (timey-wimely speaking), which was what the fixed point in time was. Madame Kovarian, of course, kidnapped her to REALLY kill the Doctor.
    I understand better now Thanks for re-clarifying this with me. I'll keep a closer eye on Clara Oswald and the Doctors attempt to figure out who she is Then i will be the guru.

ReputationRep:

River never killed the doctor in the first place - Amy and Rory just thought he was being killed.

Later on, we realise he was actually using the futuristic punishment robot which could morph into anything (think back to the episode with Hitler) to take his place while he hid inside it.

ReputationRep:
    10/10 I almost gave up on the show but the last 3 minutes blew my mind!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2017
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.