Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers) Watch

• View Poll Results: What did you think about the first storyline of series 9?
    Excellent
    0%
    Good
    0%
    Average
    0%
    Poor
    0%
    Awful
    0%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Batman)
    10/10 I almost gave up on the show but the last 3 minutes blew my mind!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Glad to know it ends well! That's all I hoped for - I don't really care how it ends

ReputationRep:
    I've seen the episode leak and I can give one spoiler now to anyone who dares..

Spoiler:
    Show
    The doctor's name is.. (look away now if you don't want to know)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Susan, and he'd like you to respect his life choices.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm totally kidding, I haven't seen the ep and I want to wait until next week.

Tumblr is awash with speculation that the leak is actually a publicity stunt by the BBC.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Strax has a twitter: https://twitter.com/ItsStrax

*Drags a bewildered sheep to a heavily barricaded fortress* I have what you asked for sir... Ah, a battering ram. Is this not the same?
    :rofl2:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    Strax has a twitter: https://twitter.com/ItsStrax

:rofl2:
    If they ever drop the women and have the Doctor become a more violent character they should have him as a permanent companion. He's hilarious.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    If they ever drop the women and have the Doctor become a more violent character they should have him as a permanent companion. He's hilarious.
    I love him, I really do. He's the perfect comic relief.

ReputationRep:
    Just watched Nightmare in Silver. I enjoyed it - I liked how agile the Cybermen were - but I hated those kids, and 45 minutes didn't feel like enough time to have enough cyberman action.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Batman)
    10/10 I almost gave up on the show but the last 3 minutes blew my mind!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Where did you watch it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rascacielos)
    Where did you watch it?
    The question on everyone's lips!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harrow.7)
    x
    Guys, please keep all spoilers relating to the final episode out of this thread!

Post that you've got something you can PM to anyone interested, but don't post it. Or if you can't, then at least make it clear that your post contains info about the actual episode. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aula)
    Guys, please keep all spoilers relating to the final episode out of this thread!

Post that you've got something you can PM to anyone interested, but don't post it. Or if you can't, then at least make it clear that your post contains info about the actual episode. :sad:
    I agree.

ReputationRep:
    I'm working all weekend and won't be able to watch it till Monday..
    I can't wait that long!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just a reminder that the TSR rules prohibit condoning and encouraging illegal activity - this includes asking for links to illegal streams and downloads.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fluteflute)
    Just a reminder that the TSR rules prohibit condoning and encouraging illegal activity - this includes asking for links to illegal streams and downloads.
    Whoops. Didnt know this - will amend!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whitesky)
    Whoops. Didnt know this - will amend!
    Just guessing what you asked for, but here's where I normally go for super illegal BBC stuff.

ReputationRep:
    I know the basic plot outline for the finale if people want to know. I haven't seen it myself so can't confirm, but it's pieced together from a few sources and seems to be broadly correct. PM me if you want to know. But please note that I haven't watched it and I don't know where you can find it online so don't bother asking me that :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hopple)
    Just guessing what you asked for, but here's where I normally go for super illegal BBC stuff.
    :eek: That's super illegal, you rebel :eek:

ReputationRep:
    If it was a publicity stunt then they should of leaked it to the loyal Brits first.

ReputationRep:
    Digital Spy.com reports, “it emerged earlier today (May 12) that fans who had pre-ordered the boxset in the US had received the Blu-ray before the final two episodes of the current series had been transmitted.” The internet is full of spoilers and illegal torrents of the finale.
    Bull****.

The Doctor Who Wikipedia page was also affected so I would suggest avoiding it for the time being.
    I would also add that you stay away from any Doctor Who related hashtags on Twitter etc if you want to try and stay spoiler free.

http://whatculture.com/tv/doctor-who...line-early.php

ReputationRep:
    Going back to a (much) earlier debate about carelessness in this series with languages not translating, like in the Rings of Akhetan. The Judoon never translated!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llb4_...ture=endscreen

(And just as an aside, the way he says "Ma ho" at the end of that clip makes me cry with laughter...)

ReputationRep:
    Review from Radio Times of the finale - no spoilers (at least, nothing major):
    http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-...has-come-early

(Original post by Feefifofum)
    Going back to a (much) earlier debate about carelessness in this series with languages not translating, like in the Rings of Akhetan. The Judoon never translated!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llb4_...ture=endscreen

(And just as an aside, the way he says "Ma ho" at the end of that clip makes me cry with laughter...)
    Oh God, me too.:')

On the translation point, I can let it go - you wouldn't get hilarious scenes like that one otherwise!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2017
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.