Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers) Watch

• View Poll Results: What did you think about the first storyline of series 9?
    Excellent
    0%
    Good
    0%
    Average
    0%
    Poor
    0%
    Awful
    0%

ReputationRep:
    If people are speculating based on spoilers people have said about the final episode, can you please say so in your post :puppyeyes:

I think I might just have to completely avoid this thread until after I've seen the episode on Saturday :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Just watched the "She said, He said" prequel and something struck me as odd. Clara says she fell in love, presumably with The Doctor, but other than Victorian Clara and Dalek Clara, and then the bit with "Mr. Clever" (urg, horrible name) has there been any real indicators?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rascacielos)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    So you think the 12th Doctor is going to be one of 1-10 (well, the ones that aren't dead anyway)? I think that's unlikely, somehow.
    Spoiler:
    Show

Judging from 'spoilers' and 'theories', it seems unlikely, but is my haphazard guess. Or a new one at least. But I''m not 100% sure.

(Original post by Aula)
    If people are speculating based on spoilers people have said about the final episode, can you please say so in your post :puppyeyes:

I think I might just have to completely avoid this thread until after I've seen the episode on Saturday :sad:
    Don't click the spoilers XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aula)

Sorry, sorry - didn't think.

That said, I don't think the stuff in the spoiler is a leak/spoiler. It's some speculation that's been going around the internet but nothing confirmed as far as I'm aware.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, sorry - didn't think.

That said, I don't think the stuff in the spoiler is a leak/spoiler. It's some speculation that's been going around the internet but nothing confirmed as far as I'm aware.
    Pluuus any spoilers from now will (obviously) be theories about the final episode or the 50th anniversary. Common sense dictates if you don't want to know any spoilers, don't click them!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whitesky)
    Pluuus any spoilers from now will (obviously) be theories about the final episode or the 50th anniversary. Common sense dictates if you don't want to know any spoilers, don't click them!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    spoilers based purely on speculation, I have no issue with. When it's based on something that's been leaked I don't want to know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aula)
    spoilers based purely on speculation, I have no issue with. When it's based on something that's been leaked I don't want to know.
    Me neither, but I don't think there are any leaks on this thread (despite the "scare" above!). There don't appear to be any on the internet as a whole either.

ReputationRep:
    Me neither, but I don't think there are any leaks on this thread (despite the "scare" above!). There don't appear to be any on the internet as a whole either.
    There certainly are leaks on the Internet. You just haven't found them...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Digital Spy finale teasers:
    Spoiler:
    Show

1. A piece of dialogue from 'The Bells of Saint John' is repeated here.

2. "Do you hear the Whispermen?"
    Ironic.
    3. Strax (Dan Starkey) finds a place where he can feel at home.

4. "The Doctor does not discuss his secrets with anyone."

5. A piece of bad news brings the Doctor to tears.
    Finding out the truth about Clara? Or River (dying - outside the library?)?
    6. "I've probably time-travelled more than anyone else."
    Clara?
    7. There's a possible Sherlock Holmes allusion.

8. "Is that your big secret?"
    Anti-climax, then?
    9. The TARDIS is *virtually* indestructible.

10. "I lied."
    9 linked to 10?

(Original post by The Batman)
    There certainly are leaks on the Internet. You just haven't found them...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Fair enough, although I don't think they're all genuine.

ReputationRep:
    This film's abuse of the laws of time makes me very cross:

:rant:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    This film's abuse of the laws of time makes me very cross:

:rant:
    The TARDIS won't like those paradox's.

ReputationRep:
    Moffat really is a genius, isn't he?

I thought I was the only one who had noticed this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowyowl)
    I thought I was the only one who had noticed this
    Do you think it's important, or just a nice touch? Queen Liz was never really explained.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    So you think the 12th Doctor is going to be one of 1-10 (well, the ones that aren't dead anyway)? I think that's unlikely, somehow.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I think it's unlikely too however if it is then i think we all know who will return.

Bow down to the great one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I think it's unlikely too however if it is then i think we all know who will return.

Bow down to the great one!
    YES PLEASE!

Spoiler:
    Show
    ...if you're talking about 10.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do you think it's important, or just a nice touch? Queen Liz was never really explained.
    Just a nice touch I reckon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HotfireLegend)
    Exactly. That's what the events are leading me to believe, including a certain piece of unspoiled info in this topic -.-

Spoiler:
    Show

50th.
    Know as in when the date is haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Batman)
    I think that's classed as a spoiler...

Posted from TSR Mobile

how? it was announced

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoRo)
    Know as in when the date is haha
    23rd November.

ReputationRep:
    There's some interesting stuff on the Wikipedia page for the 50th anniversary. Worth a read if you don't mind spoilers.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I can't believe Christopher Ecclestone decided not to return. :cry2:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2017
Poll
Which pet is the best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.