Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers) Watch

• View Poll Results: What did you think about the first storyline of series 9?
    Excellent
    0%
    Good
    0%
    Average
    0%
    Poor
    0%
    Awful
    0%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Politics Student)
    Seriously the last episode I watched was Love and Monsters. Anything has to be better than that episode.

Hopefully, this will be good.
    That definitely was the worst episode ever, bar none.

ReputationRep:
    Loved the opening on Gallifrey and interesting to see someones theory confirmed.

Not enjoying this bit with River etc and the annoying Victorian three :yawn:

ReputationRep:
    I find it so delightful when Jenny and Madame Vastra exchange romantic pleasantries. :cute:

ReputationRep:
    THAT WAS SUPER AWESOME!

Well, at least we know how the Doctor will look when he dies.

ReputationRep:
    I'm confused. Who is Clara? What's his greatest secret? That was crap

ReputationRep:
    My faith has been rewarded - Moffat you genius

ReputationRep:
    I liked the Dalek Emperor theory better

ReputationRep:
    That was good, but confusing.

BRING ON NOVEMBER 23RD

The river storyline is so overdone though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scienceisgood)
    that was super awesome! :d

well, at least we know how the doctor will look when he dies.
    tonight was the best episode, i loved it so much

ReputationRep:
    that was really good!!! would be lying if I said I wasn't a bit confused though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I got so confused at the ending, is John Hurt the person before the Doctor? My understanding is that John Hurt comes before the 11 doctors? And the Doctor wanted to forget about the past, therefore, when Clara went into "The Doctor's" timestream, she didn't encounter John Hurt?

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm: That John Hurt thing at the end was terrible! The actual build up and the reveal was brilliant, the 'Introducing' graphic on the screen was horrible. Who the **** thought that that was a good idea!

The finale was good but it could have been any other episode tbh, it didn't have the feel of a 'finale' mainly because the actual finale of that storyline is going to be the anniversary episode. This was all build up.

Main problem with the episode was Clara wearing tights :sad: Still don't like the Victorian crew and I still find it hard to understand why the Doctor even likes River let alone loves her.

ReputationRep:
    I think John Hurt is a doctor that went power crazy in the time war....ps I love the return of all the old doctors

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iepnauy)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I got so confused at the ending, is John Hurt the person before the Doctor? My understanding is that John Hurt comes before the 11 doctors? And the Doctor wanted to forget about the past, therefore, when Clara went into "The Doctor's" timestream, she didn't encounter John Hurt?
    I think it was meant to be that Clara saved the 'Doctor' and him alone, with John Hurt likely not having that chosen name (whatever the **** graphic says) is why she would not have met him.

ReputationRep:
    Great episode can't wait though for the anniversary...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by An Ignorant Duck)
    I'm confused. Who is Clara? What's his greatest secret? That was crap
    She's the impossible girl.

She followed the Great Intelligence into the scar light and split herself into many different fragments into the Doctor's timeline - that's why we saw her in the Dalek Asylum and Victoria London. She saved the Doctor both times. That was her job.

I think his greatest secret is still his name.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iepnauy)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Spoiler:
    Show
    John Hurt is The Doctor, just a future incarnation of himself, possibly the last one

The Doctor will probably willingly die one day because he himself has stated he has lived "for too long".

ReputationRep:
    Confusing nonsense. Like most Moffat stories, really. I miss RTD so much

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    "Introducing John Hurt

As The Doctor"

How subtle was that? :rofl2:

Pacing was all the place tbh but I loved it.

ReputationRep:
    Would have much rathered if River was Captain Jack, Martha or something instead.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2017
Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.