The Student Room Group

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by greeneyedgirl
He was in Les Mis, but also the BBC version of Tess of the D'Urbervilles :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ah okay, I saw the film of Les Mis (im assuming that's what you mean?) but I have no idea what the other thing is :tongue:
Original post by SciFiRory
ah okay, I saw the film of Les Mis (im assuming that's what you mean?) but I have no idea what the other thing is :tongue:

Yeah the film :yep: he was Marius

The other thing is AMAZING :yep: makes me cry lots though.
Reply 1682
I'm still crossing my fingers for Richard Ayoade.
Original post by Kings0
I'm still crossing my fingers for Richard Ayoade.

I would love him as the Doctor.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I want Harry Lloyd to be the new DW! He was amazing as Will in Robin Hood BBC!
I was thinking the other day and was wondering about Eddie Redmayne as the Doctor...

Posted from TSR Mobile

No no no!
Original post by SirMasterKey
No no no!

Why? Out of interest :smile:

Also was thinking Richard Armitage!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
I agree! I want Harry Lloyd or Richard Armitage!:colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thinking about it, I might be highly biased. I need to see him in something else as he annoyed me as Marius in Les Mis, but then again Marius is the biggest dweeb in musical theatre. Also, I don't find him sexy. :wink:
Original post by SirMasterKey
Thinking about it, I might be highly biased. I need to see him in something else as he annoyed me as Marius in Les Mis, but then again Marius is the biggest dweeb in musical theatre. Also, I don't find him sexy. :wink:

Go watch Tess of the D'Urbevilles...he was Angel Clare. It was awesome.
I think Ben Whishaw could fit rather well. He has the look, accent and screen presence to pull it off. He's also a (slightly) less well known actor.

Eddie Redmayne is also a good suggestion.
Original post by Llewellyn
I think Ben Whishaw could fit rather well. He has the look, accent and screen presence to pull it off. He's also a (slightly) less well known actor.

Yeah I'd be happy with Ben Whishaw. I hope the beeb don't choose someone completely random just to be different...that's my fear.
Original post by Llewellyn

If it is Ben Whishaw I will melt every night. He is perfection.
I would agree with lots of people and say that the next doctor should like the show, or have at the very least watched it. I loved Ecclestone as the Doctor but he hated working on the show and that takes some of the magic away from the audience.
It's a similar thing to Harry Potter - apparently Daniel Radcliffe and rupert grint didn't get on at all and I think that's a real shame. (Went off at a tangent there, sorry...)
Reply 1694
Original post by ChocolateMelody
I would agree with lots of people and say that the next doctor should like the show, or have at the very least watched it. I loved Ecclestone as the Doctor but he hated working on the show and that takes some of the magic away from the audience.
It's a similar thing to Harry Potter - apparently Daniel Radcliffe and rupert grint didn't get on at all and I think that's a real shame. (Went off at a tangent there, sorry...)

Is that true about Harry Potter? D:
I'm really sad about Eccleston; apparently the 50th was meant to be largely centred around him and the Time War, and the main reason John Hurt has got involved is cause he refused to take part (ALLEGEDLY, read on the interwebs). I wish it could have been Eccleston, he would have got a chance to shout 'Fantastic' a bit more at least
Reply 1695
I haven't seen Richard Madden's name mentioned yet as a suggestion for who will be the next Doctor...

I loved his performance as Robb Stark in Game of Thrones, and his relationship with Jenna-Louise Coleman has seen him pop up on the DW set a few times. Considering he's in search of a job and Doctor Who's in search of a Doctor, I would giggle with joy if he played the next doctor.
talking of Game of Thrones, what about Sean Bean? :awesome:

would be appropriate cause he is English and at some point he will die/regenerate!
Anyone of this list would be a fantasy come true:

Stephen Fry
Hugh Laurie
Richard Ayoade

Miranda Hart
Benedict Cumberbatch
Marc Warren (I think this one is actually a strong possibility, especially if they bring the whole valeyard doctor into play in the next incarnation - wouldn't Warren just be bloody amazing?)
Sue Perkins

And if they want to play the "FINALLY! I'M GINGER!" card:

Rupert Grint.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Kagutsuchi

Rupert Grint.

Rupert Grint would be incredible. It's never going to happen though.
Reply 1699
Original post by duchess eleanor
I want Harry Lloyd to be the new DW! He was amazing as Will in Robin Hood BBC!

Yes!! Why didn't I think of this? Excellent suggestion.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest