The Student Room Group

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers)

Scroll to see replies

Oh Guardians of the galaxy, didn't realise shooting was starting already. I don't know much about it, isn't it meant to be linked to the avengers films?

Also just read a bit of news about Matt Smith, he said in an interview that he hopes JJ Abrams offers him a part in Star Wars. I for one hope this happens although personally I think David Tennant might be better as some kind of Jedi.

^ Random opinion

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jbroderick

Also just read a bit of news about Matt Smith, he said in an interview that he hopes JJ Abrams offers him a part in Star Wars. I for one hope this happens although personally I think David Tennant might be better as some kind of Jedi.

Just think of all the cross over fan fic e_o

DT would certainly be good, as weird as it sounds he has the hair for it although you do have to be able to pull off some weird costumes. Also Nebula looks like a blue Jack from Mass Effect :daydreaming:
SO ANNOYED that they played the trailer for the 50th anniversary episode at ComicCon. I know they get a lot of money from the American viewers but it's a British show and I get so cross when we're the last to find stuff out. :grumble:
Original post by Feefifofum
SO ANNOYED that they played the trailer for the 50th anniversary episode at ComicCon. I know they get a lot of money from the American viewers but it's a British show and I get so cross when we're the last to find stuff out. :grumble:

Did they definitely show a trailer?! I hope something of it shows up :biggrin:
Original post by Skip_Snip
Did they definitely show a trailer?! I hope something of it shows up :biggrin:

Yep! I dunno if it was a full length one or anything but they showed something that's being described on twitter as a trailer.

https://twitter.com/anglophenia/status/359039534916304897

https://twitter.com/anglophenia/status/359039840240680960

Moffat requested that no one filmed or recorded the audio. I'm sure someone will have though...
Original post by Feefifofum
Yep! I dunno if it was a full length one or anything but they showed something that's being described on twitter as a trailer.

https://twitter.com/anglophenia/status/359039534916304897

https://twitter.com/anglophenia/status/359039840240680960

Moffat requested that no one filmed or recorded the audio. I'm sure someone will have though...

I imagine it will leak in some form within a few hours, no doubt in hideous quality :tongue:
Reply 1786
I believe the official HD release of the trailer will be released within the next couple of hours!
Original post by The Rusty Spork
What has Karen Gillan done to herself :lolwut: Her hair and legs were her defining features, she just looks odd now :sad:

Poor Karen :sad:

She just looks scary without her hair now - I'm so used to seeing her with loads of red hair! But anyway, good on her - that must have been a difficult decision to make.
Original post by Skip_Snip
I imagine it will leak in some form within a few hours, no doubt in hideous quality :tongue:

I just found a summary of the whole trailer, not sure about the accuracy but it sounds epic.

http://io9.com/the-doctor-who-50th-anniversary-trailer-is-an-amazing-t-860043589

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jbroderick
I just found a summary of the whole trailer, not sure about the accuracy but it sounds epic.

http://io9.com/the-doctor-who-50th-anniversary-trailer-is-an-amazing-t-860043589

Posted from TSR Mobile

I saw that linked on IMDb Boards, it does indeed sound awesome :biggrin:
Original post by Yoghurt
I believe the official HD release of the trailer will be released within the next couple of hours!

All they did was announce that the Daleks will be back.

I want to see the video. Why do the American fans get to see it and then we don't? Hardly seems right.
Original post by SirMasterKey
All they did was announce that the Daleks will be back.

I want to see the video. Why do the American fans get to see it and then we don't? Hardly seems right.

Myah, anyone else find the Daleks really overrated/not scary? It's the 50th Anniversary, it should be special, whereas they've been done to the point where I just roll my eyes when I see them. It would be nice to bring back some of the older, forgotten villians.

Alas it's the same reason all comic-con exclusives are annoying, just because you don't live really near/have more money than sense/are a journalist you just have to wait. Not really sure what the point is if we're going to get it soon anyway :dontknow:
Reply 1792
Original post by IMakeSenseToNone
Myah, anyone else find the Daleks really overrated/not scary? It's the 50th Anniversary, it should be special, whereas they've been done to the point where I just roll my eyes when I see them. It would be nice to bring back some of the older, forgotten villians.

Alas it's the same reason all comic-con exclusives are annoying, just because you don't live really near/have more money than sense/are a journalist you just have to wait. Not really sure what the point is if we're going to get it soon anyway :dontknow:

The Daleks are boring, crap, easily defeated, wastes of space.

They should merely be used as background characters or nods to the past to keep the fanboys happy. They are a throwback to terrible effects, they must be able to think of something better now.
I'm not that thrilled about the news of the Daleks, I just hope they don't have a big role and are just in the background. I think they're way too overused :frown:
I wish the Silence would be in the 50th, I thought they were great monsters :frown:
Reply 1794

From what I've heard it seems that the daleks

Spoiler

But otherwise, yes I would say that having the Daleks would be pretty uneventful.
Reply 1795

That theme, complete with the speech, still gives me shivers. One of my favourite DW scenes of all time.
Thank you, BBC or whoever decides who will see the trailer, that those who have the time and money to fly to San Diego are the only ones worthy to see the trailer for the 50th at this stage.
I really don't understand why the trailer was shown at comic con first. We pay the license fee to fund the program so surely we get priority on reveals like that, I also don't get why photos or video weren't allowed but nothing was said about posting descriptions online as surely that would spoil as much.

Damn bbc, we better have it within the next week or so. -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was reading the Radio Times today and apparently it's heavily rumoured that the new Doctor will be announced next month in another surprise DW: Confidential ala Matt Smith.

If so, I approve greatly. I'll approve more if the new Doctor is Tamsin Greig :yep:
I was reading the Radio Times today and apparently it's heavily rumoured that the new Doctor will be announced next month in another surprise DW: Confidential ala Matt Smith.

If so, I approve greatly. I'll approve more if the new Doctor is Tamsin Greig :yep:

It's probably a long shot but I have a sneaky feeling that it could be Richard Madden. He's probably the only 'known' actor I'd like to see try take on the role of the Doctor. Otherwise, I'd like to see a less widely known actor as the Doctor, as Matt was at the time.

Edit: Actually not that long of a shot. :tongue:
Quite a few actors from Game of Thrones have appeared on Doctor Who (albeit just only in singular episodes), 4 in the last season alone iirc. Jenna-Louise Coleman is dating Richard Madden too, if that counts for anything. Plus, I don't think his schedule is that busy now that he's finished with GOT.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest