Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

The Lizard People Theory Watch

• PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    So I had the pleasure last night of talking to someone who was really in to the David Icke conspiracy theory. Up until this point, I'd genuinely thought it was a satire. It turns out not only is it not intended to be a jokey parody of more plausible conspiracy theories, but it's followed in 47 countries and sells out stadiums full of people when he gives talks on it.

For those of you unfamiliar with the theory;

(Original post by Wikipedia)
    According to British writer David Icke, 5- to 12-foot (1.5–3.7 m) tall, blood-drinking, shape-shifting reptilian humanoids from the Alpha Draconis star system, now hiding in underground bases, are the force behind a worldwide conspiracy against humanity. He contends that most of the world's leaders are related to these reptilians, including George W. Bush of the United States, and Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom.

Reading up about it and hearing from a true believer really have made me wonder about this strange phenomenon. I've come up with some theories on what makes this so widely believed:

1. The Insecure Human

For many people who're insecure and unhappy, this theory is a godsend. It tells them 'It's not your fault you're worse off than them, because they're monsters'. It works as a kind of comfort to the idea that it's physically impossible to be successful, and so it's not your fault if you've done badly in life. Alot of the 'evidence' for finding these lizard people is in films, stills of impossibly good looking men who of course are only good looking because they're 'cheating' rather than because they take care of themselves. Obviously that's an extremely appealing idea, and one that has served numerous religions (Scientology in particular) extremely well.

2. The confusion over Evolution

So many people still see evolution as a 'ladder' metaphor rather than as a 'tree' or circle. In our culture, numerous examples can be found: King kong, alien films, the 'new' vampires, X men, all of these are manifestations of a fear of the human race being out-evolved. This lizard theory is a prime example of this anxiety over evolutionary theory, the vulnerability of being an animal that can be preyed upon. Naturally a theory like this tapping into those fears makes it massively popular.

3. Weed

Just going to come out and say it, if there's a single person who believes this theory that hasn't smoked weed I'll eat a hat or something. It's comforting for someone who smokes too much to think that their naturally growing paranoia isn't just in their head but is based on reality - it's so easy to comfort yourself with the idea that you're not paranoid but suddenly able to see through some sort of illusion, which of course is just a roundabout way of convincing yourself that you're allowed to go have another joint.

4. Trolling

I'm almost certain that some of the followers of this theory are just trolling. There must be some marginally intelligent people amongst them, and I have to say they're braver than me to spend time with such seriously dodgy people.

Anyway, I wanted to post this and see if anyone shared my views on this weird theory, or if anyone had alternatives. If there's anyone who actually believes this, I'm genuinely open minded, but I'm afraid you're going to have an extremely hard time convincing me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hal.E.Lujah)
    I know someone who sees David Icke as their hero and I completely agree with you that it is almost definitely a load of rubbish. I couldn't help but laugh when he first mentioned this reptilian theory and I honestly though he was joking.Also, as I've found out since, it's almost impossible to argue with him. In my opinion, the moment someone start to think like this, their life will effectively hit a dead end.

I mean when I hear conspiracy theories about 9/11 for example, I can kind of see this as at least possible, although I don't think it was Bush who caused it. However, this reptile business is way too far-fetched for me to even take seriously for a moment.

ReputationRep:
    So I had the pleasure last night of talking to someone who was really in to the David Icke conspiracy theory. Up until this point, I'd genuinely thought it was a satire. It turns out not only is it not intended to be a jokey parody of more plausible conspiracy theories, but it's followed in 47 countries and sells out stadiums full of people when he gives talks on it.

For those of you unfamiliar with the theory;

Reading up about it and hearing from a true believer really have made me wonder about this strange phenomenon. I've come up with some theories on what makes this so widely believed:

1. The Insecure Human

For many people who're insecure and unhappy, this theory is a godsend. It tells them 'It's not your fault you're worse off than them, because they're monsters'. It works as a kind of comfort to the idea that it's physically impossible to be successful, and so it's not your fault if you've done badly in life. Alot of the 'evidence' for finding these lizard people is in films, stills of impossibly good looking men who of course are only good looking because they're 'cheating' rather than because they take care of themselves. Obviously that's an extremely appealing idea, and one that has served numerous religions (Scientology in particular) extremely well.

2. The confusion over Evolution

So many people still see evolution as a 'ladder' metaphor rather than as a 'tree' or circle. In our culture, numerous examples can be found: King kong, alien films, the 'new' vampires, X men, all of these are manifestations of a fear of the human race being out-evolved. This lizard theory is a prime example of this anxiety over evolutionary theory, the vulnerability of being an animal that can be preyed upon. Naturally a theory like this tapping into those fears makes it massively popular.

3. Weed

Just going to come out and say it, if there's a single person who believes this theory that hasn't smoked weed I'll eat a hat or something. It's comforting for someone who smokes too much to think that their naturally growing paranoia isn't just in their head but is based on reality - it's so easy to comfort yourself with the idea that you're not paranoid but suddenly able to see through some sort of illusion, which of course is just a roundabout way of convincing yourself that you're allowed to go have another joint.

4. Trolling

I'm almost certain that some of the followers of this theory are just trolling. There must be some marginally intelligent people amongst them, and I have to say they're braver than me to spend time with such seriously dodgy people.

Anyway, I wanted to post this and see if anyone shared my views on this weird theory, or if anyone had alternatives. If there's anyone who actually believes this, I'm genuinely open minded, but I'm afraid you're going to have an extremely hard time convincing me.

I live my life by this "theory" . The huge font is a little annoying though :laugh:.

ReputationRep:
    David Icke: biggest troll ever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeadGirlsDance)
    [SIZE=2]
    I live my life by this "theory" . The huge font is a little annoying though :laugh:.
    Is this a joke? Hopefully you'll say yes, if not I'm not going to bother arguing; I'm fed up of the 'you've been indoctrinated to think that none of this going on' argument.

Although, I would like to hear your arguments as to why you believe this. Is there really enough evidence that G.W.Bush and the Queen are lizards, to accept it? Or are you just so bored and eager for something to happen, that you accept these for fun?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by \/ibhav)
    Is this a joke? Hopefully you'll say yes, if not I'm not going to bother arguing; I'm fed up of the 'you've been indoctrinated to think that none of this going on' argument.

Although, I would like to hear your arguments as to why you believe this. Is there really enough evidence that G.W.Bush and the Queen are lizards, to accept it? Or are you just so bored and eager for something to happen, that you accept these for fun?
    I was joking :cool:.

ReputationRep:
    I find that people who believe in conspiracy theories usually have boring, dull and placid lives: by believing in these theories about secret organisations and shady corporations, they see themselves as 'enlightened' and 'not one of the sheep who's controlled by the media'. Essentially they feel as though believing in these theories gives them a purpose in life. A kind of "I know something you don't" mentality. That's my thought anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by \/ibhav)
    You are honestly the first person I've seen on here who has a post count as high as mine. Congratulations!
    My infinity is bigger than yours.
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeadGirlsDance)
    [SIZE=2]

Is the font huge? I can change it, not sure why but it isn't on my screen

ReputationRep:
    Is the font huge? I can change it, not sure why but it isn't on my screen
    Yeah, well it is for me anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Oh look, it's the person I was talking with about this!

Did I offend you with the weed comments? :console:

Next time I'm at yours I promise I'll do your drugs and watch a David Icke lecture.

Spoiler:
    Show

Please rate some other members before rating this member again.

ReputationRep:
    Damn, this is better than the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Worth looking into imo.

ReputationRep:
    I mean I can certainly see the resemblance of george bush and the queen to lizards tbh. Guess it explains why she had trouble going to the toilet lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danny111)
    Damn, this is better than the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Worth looking into imo.
    Blasphemer!!

ReputationRep:
    [SIZE=2]...
    My favourite part of the theory is that he calls the Queen a lizard.
    Russell Howard said on his show "We should've seen that the Queen was a lizard, her nick name is Liz!"

People come out with some funny stuff.

Did i ever tell you about my theory on hats??
    I think we don't wear the hats, the hats wear us :eek:
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinkhead)
    Blasphemer!!
    :lol:

(Original post by bahjat93)
    My favourite part of the theory is that he calls the Queen a lizard.
    Russell Howard said on his show "We should've seen that the Queen was a lizard, her nick name is Liz!"

People come out with some funny stuff.

Did i ever tell you about my theory on hats??
    I think we don't wear the hats, the hats wear us :eek:

Yeah some of the evidence I've been given by Huskaris is pretty shocking.

Name:  queenDM1812_468x651.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  73.6 KB

ReputationRep:
    Open your eyes the Illuminati in partnership with the lizard people have been screwing us since day 1, if you don't know this then you are ignorant and blinded by the mass media.

ReputationRep:
    If you gave David Ickle an enema, you could bury him in a matchbox.

ReputationRep:
    This is ludicrous. No wonder the other countries are beating us if this is what people believe.

ReputationRep:
    :lol:

Yeah some of the evidence I've been given by Huskaris is pretty shocking.

He's right you know:

Name:  royalreptileworth1000com.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  35.6 KB[

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.