Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The world is under your command. You are the president/king/queen of all countries and have influence over the leaders of those countries: America, UK, Saudi Arabia, China, North Korea etc.

What will be the first five things you will change? List more if you want. But try and keep it short...

But unfortunately, you are not immortal. So:

After you've done everything you've wanted to, would you still keep running the world through dictatorship. And if so, who would you pass your position to, in case you become too old or come close to death?

ReputationRep:
    Does it matter how we came to power; do we get to decide whether we were somehow elected, or took over by force? Do we have any personal wealth with which to accomplish our goals? Is it possible for people to oppose our leadership, or can we just assume that we have enough force to overwhelm any opposition?

(Original post by Cryl)
    The world is under your command. You are the president/king/queen of all countries and have influence over the leaders of those countries: America, UK, Saudi Arabia, China, North Korea etc.

What will be the first five things you will change? List more if you want. But try and keep it short...
    I'd start by abolishing a hell of a lot of laws, and simplifying legal codes where possible. The laws of places like North Korea would have to be rewritten entirely. In freer countries like the nations of the EU, or like the USA it would be necessary to cut away a lot of the bull**** bureaucracy which makes it difficult to get anything done. In places like Ethiopia a reform of property rights - particularly with regard to agriculture - would be necessary.

I would allow unrestricted free trade between all parts of the globe.

I would resurrect America's Project Orion and use it to capture asteroids and colonize space.

Those three things generally cover all that one would need to do to improve the world greatly. The world would take care of itself in other regards; one doesn't need to micromanage.

But unfortunately, you are not immortal. So:

After you've done everything you've wanted to, would you still keep running the world through dictatorship. And if so, who would you pass your position to, in case you become too old or come close to death?
    I'd probably break the world government into a dozen smaller pieces before I retired, in order to ensure that it couldn't all go to hell as a result of one fool's poor decisions.

ReputationRep:
    Abolish capitalism and exploitation.

ReputationRep:
    1) Build an army
    2) Take over the world

ReputationRep:
    disarm all nuclear warheads,
    ditch the un and create a super nation with these nations, as they have the technological infrastructure combined to beast the whole world
    in all honesty id give north korea back to the south once they are demilitarized, because id love to see a united free market korea, as opposed to the split one
    oh and kim jong un would be fed to sharks. FTB.

ReputationRep:
    I can think of quite a few things that I would do in an ideal world but are impracticable:
    - single language promoted globally to break down barriers to knowledge exchange and travel (of course dialects would arise over time, and resistance to this change, plus I'd hate to lose the beauty of our current languages)
    - single currency adopted worldwide to break down trade barriers (we know all too well the troubles of a one-size-fits-all approach though)
    - de-weaponise every country (some people are gonna do bad things even without weapons and will need to be stopped one way or another)
    - seize all civilian firearms (an illegal trade would naturally be set up in time, and it's impossible to control knives and other small weapons)
    - democratise every nation with elections every x years, but moreover abolish political parties to make sure it's a true meritocracy and change campaigning laws to make sure it's not a rich man's game as it is in USA (factions would arise in time, it's inevitable)
    - restructure the healthcare ecosystem (it's one of the most broken elements of our society, but it's difficult to motivate innovation without capitalist rewards for the pharma industry)

ReputationRep:
    Honestly?

I would probably just live a really selfish and lavishly extravagant lifestyle, and palm off running my empire to aids.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cryl)
    in case you become too old or come close to death?
    Assign the World's scientists to work on building an android I could upload my conciousness into.

ReputationRep:
    Give the power to the people. Authoritarian regimes tend to fail and there'd be many people who disagree with my decisions.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    You can watch that on tv when you're older .
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    1. Form a World Government to do away with war as founded upon the principles of compassion and rationality.
    2. Abolish all the world's militaries and establish a World Police Force.
    3. Create a single shared currency (the Earth credit).
    4. Establish responsible, sustainable environmental policies.
    5. Recognise education, healthcare and the general welfare to be human rights deserved and demanded by all humans everywhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Syrokal)
    Honestly?

I would probably just live a really selfish and lavishly extravagant lifestyle, and palm off running my empire to aids.
    You should go to Africa.

ReputationRep:
    1. New better currency
    2. Establish a Space Army
    3. Solve world hunger or something to that effect...
    4. Create a New World Order
    5. FTW

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danny111)
    You should go to Africa.
    Been twice!

Not a place I would enjoy living in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Syrokal)
    Been twice!

Not a place I would enjoy living in.
    No. I meant you should take over an African country and use the aid money in the way you detailed above.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danny111)
    No. I meant you should take over an African country and use the aid money in the way you detailed above.
    Naw, I don't wan to be a ****.

I just said if I had all that power magically thrust upon me...I would probably succumb, weak will and all that jazz.

ReputationRep:
    Gotta be universal conquest. First 5 steps maybe:

Enslave humankind.
    Force them to build space elevator.
    Force them to build robot space armada.
    Remove all human brains for transplant into robot space armada.
    Build radio control armed commander and hook it up to my Wii.

ReputationRep:
    I would ban all pop culture media. It serves no purpose.

ReputationRep:
    1) Slowly beat and torture Drake to death using only a wooden spoon and a whisk.
    2) Find some time to get more gems on Temple Run so I can complete this weeks challenge
    3) Make ink for printers cheaper - SO expensive!
    4) Offer £1million for the safe return of Bernard's Watch
    5) Sponsor scientists an unlimited amount to find at least one food item that is both very healthy and disgustingly delicious!

ReputationRep:
    Withdraw myself from the throne. Ultimate power leads to ultimate corruption. So yeah probably buy myself a decent mac and head onto TSR.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.