Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Big dilemma: I'm worried I'm going to fail AS German. I want a C. Sixth Form have been far from helpful, it's the Easter holidays and I don't even know where to start, revision-wise. I know I need to practice cases, tenses, modal verbs, word order and irregular verbs (how?!) and then I need to learn vocab. The categories of vocab I've got listed to learn are:
    Media
    Places
    Environment
    Health
    Free time
    Future
    What are the others? I ordered a vocab book today, which I should get Wednesday - will that help? I'm panicking now!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChloeBelle)
    Big dilemma: I'm worried I'm going to fail AS German. I want a C. Sixth Form have been far from helpful, it's the Easter holidays and I don't even know where to start, revision-wise. I know I need to practice cases, tenses, modal verbs, word order and irregular verbs (how?!) and then I need to learn vocab. The categories of vocab I've got listed to learn are:
    Media
    Places
    Environment
    Health
    Free time
    Future
    What are the others? I ordered a vocab book today, which I should get Wednesday - will that help? I'm panicking now!

Get Anki 2.0 and then browse the community made decks on German vocab, cases, irregular verbs, etc.

You could probably make your own decks for each of your sections at about 6 vocab entries per minute average, could even get to about 15 per minute if you get really robot-mode... Not sure how many minutes work that is, but once it is up, you can quite literally sit there and keep going til you know every single thing.

Just involves robot-like learning... though once you managed it, you'd be looking at more than a C, that's for sure.

ReputationRep:
    You can easily get a C or higher. Have you done your speaking?

For the written paper, I revised two days before. Not a good idea, I know. But I couldn't cope with all the other exams and this and I was 1 UMS off an A. You could argue, if I tried harder I would have got an A, but I really mucked up the writing, so I was pretty lucky. The grade boundaries were pretty low (for edexcel in June).

Learn your vocab is all I can suggest- thats the key.
    Listening -keep replaying until youre sure
    Reading - its weird as its alot of problem solving, using what you know to deduce what you dont know.
    Writing is the one in your control. Use alot of flashy vocab, three tenses atlease, time phrases, connective, opinions and you should be fine.
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Thank you .

My speaking's on 10th May - not ideal with the exam a few days later. We have five lessons a week with three lessons at our school and two at another school, in which we've learnt bugger all. Ideally, I'd like a B, but I doubt it'll happen. Is there a set amount of vocab that might come up, like at GCSE?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChloeBelle)
    Thank you .

My speaking's on 10th May - not ideal with the exam a few days later. We have five lessons a week with three lessons at our school and two at another school, in which we've learnt bugger all. Ideally, I'd like a B, but I doubt it'll happen. Is there a set amount of vocab that might come up, like at GCSE?

Heyy are you doing Edexcel German?
    if so how are you revising for your speaking?
    i'm just as scared as u and my exams on 10th of May as well

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.