Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Was refused entry to a nightclub for no reason. What can I do? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

My cousin invited me to her party yesterday and it was a clubbing event. It was all nicely planned out, with cakes and so on.

Basically, I was working yesterday and came to the club 30 minutes later all of my other cousins and friends. When I was in the line, the manager or member of management asked me why I came so I explained that I came to a cousins party and that they were inside. I called my cousin and then she told him that I'm with him, so he said no problem, 'its a free entry for you'. I felt a bit happy, and so I got back in the line and queued up.

However, as soon as I approached the bouncers, the first thing they said was 'sorry, there's too many guys inside.' I kept telling them that the manager said that I was allowed in and so on and to my luck the people behind were a friend of my cousins and so they told the bouncer that I actually did come to a party.

To my suprise, I was refused entry. So what I did was, I stood outside the queue to wait until a few guys might get kicked out. However, a few minutes later 10 guys, and yes 10 guys were allowed in just like that. I then went back to the bouncer and said 'that's not fair, how comes you let 10 guys in and you won't let me in'? The bouncer was so rude that he imitated me and started laughing and his colleagues too were laughing.

It seemed apparent that the club had something against me. Basically, I don't drink or smoke, so I wasn't drunk when I was in the queue. Also I was very smartly dressed, and the fact that I was rejected just like that without good reason seems to me that the club are racist. I'm Asian and I noticed that black guys couldn't get in either.

My mate got kicked out of the club shortly after and he called for a fight with the bouncer, but the bouncer kept laughing. However, the bouncer wasn't laughing when my mate knocked the **** out of him. Because, I wasn't allowed in, literally 30 people left the club. These 30 were my closest people and I felt so guilty that I said that I would go home alone and told them to enjoy themselves. But they refused.

My question is, why was I refused entry for no apparent reason? Also when I spoke to the manager, he was being such a pussyhole and kept saying 'I don't know. I don't know.' I mean how could you not know, its your choice of who to let in and out.

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, from what your saying it sounds as if the bouncers were prejudice against your ethnicity. Perhaps the best thing you can do at this moment is to e-mail the club expressing your feelings and explaining what happened, perhaps then you will get a real reason as to why you were not allowed in

ReputationRep:
    name and shame.

ReputationRep:
    OP - since your friend apparently caused some harm to the bouncer, it may not be a good idea to go emailing the club to have a moan.

ReputationRep:
    There is nothing you can do, they don't have to let anyone in if they don't want to. As to why they wouldn't no one will really know except the bouncer, sounds like they were probably just dicks thinking it was fun.

ReputationRep:
    An unfortunate experience, and I feel for you. I would say the best outcome you could possibly hope for is that 30 people would leave the club in protest at their refusing you admission and perhaps even that one of the unpleasant bouncers would get a comeuppance that you could be witness to. That's the kind of thing that would happen in a movie, isn't it though?

But, hang on, you got that. I'd be happy enough, and certainly happy to know I had 30 such good friends. Where is pursuing this further going to get you? Unpleasant enemies, more than likely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InnerTemple)
    OP - since your friend apparently caused some harm to the bouncer, it may not be a good idea to go emailing the club to have a moan.
    Nice ninja edit

ReputationRep:
    Your mate sounds soliiiiid. What a hard *******.

ReputationRep:
    What can you do? Just get over it. We didn't get let in to 3 places last night for no obvious reason...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lukev)
    Nice ninja edit
    Really ought to read posts properly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambio wechsel)
    An unfortunate experience, and I feel for you. I would say the best outcome you could possibly hope for is that 30 people would leave the club in protest at their refusing you admission and perhaps even that one of the unpleasant bouncers would get a comeuppance that you could be witness to. That's the kind of thing that would happen in a movie, isn't it though?

But, hang on, you got that. I'd be happy enough, and certainly happy to know I had 30 such good friends. Where is pursuing this further going to get you? Unpleasant enemies, more than likely.
    This is exactly what I thought.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glory&Honour)
    You and your mate sound like scum, you are refused entry and so your mate challenges the bouncer for a fight? Grow up please. And now you want to play the race card? Please.
    if you were refused entry to a club it was probably because you were drunk, as no club would hire someone who was a racist, and risk being sued.
    Excuse me, but clearly if you read my post, I was refused entry first and shortly after my mate was kicked out of the club.

How do you know I was drunk? I don't drink and quite frankly, the people in the queue questioned the bouncers decision as to why he didn't let me in.

Not only was my cousin upset, but the 29 others were extremely pissed off. One of the 29 people is a police officer, so clearly he would know if I was drunk or not. He spoke to management today after he sobered up and now he is going to report the incident.

BTW, I'm not playing the race card. I could only assume they never let me in because of my ethnicity. Come on, I am legally over 18, I'm not drunk, I don't smoke and I was very smartly dressed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SillyRodent)
    Your mate sounds soliiiiid. What a hard *******.
    LOL. I'm not that hard. I'm actually a nice guy, and the fact that I was refused entry provoked my mate further.

He was granted access and kicked out for a different reason, whereas I was refused entry altogether

ReputationRep:
    From the sound of it you'd be better off hoping that you don't face criminal charges based on your mate's actions, rather than moaning that you weren't let in. Yes, the bouncers may have acted like dicks but resorting to petty violence and whingeing won't get you anywhere. And as others have said, bouncers ultimately have a veto and if they had to justify every single decision to let someone in or not, nightclub queues would be 10x as long as everybody moaned at them.
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    I believed you until you claimed your friend knocked the bouncer out :lol:

1. Were you dressed in tracksuits or wrong clothing
    2. Did you look like you might be coked up
    3. Do you have a shaved head

It could be anything, but check the above off first. Bouncers see a guy arrive on his own and automatically get a bit shifty, if you had anything remotely dodgy they'd turn you down if the night was quite full of guys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supertoaster)
    There is nothing you can do, they don't have to let anyone in if they don't want to. As to why they wouldn't no one will really know except the bouncer, sounds like they were probably just dicks thinking it was fun.
    It has really annoyed me.

Not only was my cousin extremely upset, but the 29 other people were pissed off.

I feel at fault in a way but they said don't be.

I think its extremely sad to see that, with my cousin crying and begging them to let me in that they keep refusing. I am a nice bloke, I don't have a criminal record, I don't drink or smoke, and I am educated.

The reason why I went to this event is because of my cousin. I didn't appreciate it that they never gave me a genuine reason for my refusal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hal.E.Lujah)
    I believed you until you claimed your friend knocked the bouncer out :lol:

1. Were you dressed in tracksuits or wrong clothing
    2. Did you look like you might be coked up
    3. Do you have a shaved head

It could be anything, but check the above off first. Bouncers see a guy arrive on his own and automatically get a bit shifty, if you had anything remotely dodgy they'd turn you down if the night was quite full of guys.
    Fine, you don't have to believe about my mates incident.

Anyway, I was very smartly dressed. I had my I.D and did not smoke or drink alcohol before hand.

I did however walk in alone with my cousins mates right behind me. They claimed that there were two many guys but I saw 10 of them go in a few minutes after and all 30 people told me that there weren't many guys in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Theflyingbarney)
    From the sound of it you'd be better off hoping that you don't face criminal charges based on your mate's actions, rather than moaning that you weren't let in. Yes, the bouncers may have acted like dicks but resorting to petty violence and whingeing won't get you anywhere. And as others have said, bouncers ultimately have a veto and if they had to justify every single decision to let someone in or not, nightclub queues would be 10x as long as everybody moaned at them.
    Fair enough.

I would have appreciated a good genuine reason why I was not let in, the queue wasn't long either.

Also I did not appreciate the treatment I received. Its the first time in 10 clubbing events that this has happened to me.

I'm having second thoughts about going clubbing.
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by po10tial)
    Fine, you don't have to believe about my mates incident.

Anyway, I was very smartly dressed. I had my I.D and did not smoke or drink alcohol before hand.

I did however walk in alone with my cousins mates right behind me. They claimed that there were two many guys but I saw 10 of them go in a few minutes after and all 30 people told me that there weren't many guys in.

Sorry, just a bit sceptical that your mate took on a group of massive guys and knocked one out :sly:

No idea then, they just thought you looked dodgy probably.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hal.E.Lujah)
    Sorry, just a bit sceptical that your mate took on a group of massive guys and knocked one out :sly:

No idea then, they just thought you looked dodgy probably.
    In all honestly, I did not look dodgy.

I was very friendly with the bouncer even after refusal to the club.

It was when he lied to me and said that no guys are allowed and then let in 10 guys, that my attitude changed.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.