Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Was refused entry to a nightclub for no reason. What can I do? Watch

ReputationRep:
    This happened to me aswell, my advice go to another club with a friend get drunk and enjoy yourself. Simple

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by po10tial)
    Yes I do
    Well, it should be obvious then.

You assume it was racism simply because they were of a different race, despite the fact there are numerous other explanations. So, you have a chip on your shoulder, you're assuming them to be racist.

It's funny, because people like you are actually a bit racist :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steevee)
    Well, it should be obvious then.

You assume it was racism simply because they were of a different race, despite the fact there are numerous other explanations. So, you have a chip on your shoulder, you're assuming them to be racist.

It's funny, because people like you are actually a bit racist :rolleyes:
    If you say to Steevee

ReputationRep:
    It's just the way it is. They are not obliged to let anyone in.

I have seen people of all racial backgrounds being denied access to clubs, attractive girls even if it's an exclusive club with a special event. There are good nights out and bad nights out. It's nothing to get hung up on really. The nightlife industry is cynical, and bouncers are people, they have bad and good days and can dismiss people for no apparent reason.

ReputationRep:
    Was the club free to get in? If not, they might have sensed you hadn't had alcohol Something pays for the bill in the place, and its usually the overpriced drink.

But yeah, bouncers can decide to not let someone in based on look. They've done it to me and countless others before.

I'm glad your friends stuck with you, but how did one friend get kicked out? Wasn't he also staying with you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kage)
    Was the club free to get in? If not, they might have sensed you hadn't had alcohol Something pays for the bill in the place, and its usually the overpriced drink.

But yeah, bouncers can decide to not let someone in based on look. They've done it to me and countless others before.

I'm glad your friends stuck with you, but how did one friend get kicked out? Wasn't he also staying with you?
    I was alone outside, so I contacted my cousin with my phone.

Shortly after my mate was thrown out of the club because the bouncer assaulted him. I didn't believe a word he said, but 10 minutes later I saw a bouncer push a GIRL, yes a GIRL out of the club for no apparent reason. She was also there for the party and wasn't at all drunk. She politely asked the bouncer if she could get her jacket and the next thing you know I see the bouncer literally pushing her out. Yes thats assault, even if she provoked him, and whats worse the bouncer (guy) pushed the girl with physical force.

I was going to phone the police but then I thought about my mates actions and left it. Trust me, if my mate wasn't kicked out, I would have most definitely called the police.

ReputationRep:
    BTW, this incident has changed my mind about going clubbing in the near future.

If I am refused entry, even though I wasn't drunk, didn't smoke, dressed smartly, was friendly until it reached a point, and fairly patient... I don't think I will ever be accepted into any club.

Since when has it become such a bad thing to go into a club alone, I was a few minutes late which resulted in me being stuck out in the cold.

I can see why bouncers get so much abuse. If they are so god damn rude to innocent law abiding citizens like myself, then who aren't they rude to?

The young woman who works there kept telling me that there were too many guys repeatly even though I could clearly see through the sidedoor that there were too many girls. I could have entered the club illegally, but I chose not to.

Also, I did not appreciate the fact that the manager said to me that I was allowed in and then I was refused entry by a bouncer. When I asked the manager why I was refused he said he didn't know and so I asked him, why I wasn't allowed in and he said 'I don't know.' Just by looking at him, I knew he was a coward and all it requires is a hardnut to approach him to be entered. In fact, when three guys approached the manager and became extremely aggressive, they were allowed entry, however when I asked him nicely I was refused for no reason.

It is 100% obvious that they had something against me. They say there are too many guys inside and then minutes later I see a load of guys go in. I even saw two guys go in, when I was refused entry first time round. The fact that the bouncer said that I was barred for the night when I tried to get in the queue second time round really pissed me off and upsetted me.

It seems that in this country, being nice and law abiding doesn't in fact get you far. I'm having second thoughts about my personality and so on. I may start hitting the gym, learn martial arts and become extremely dangerous.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

My cousin invited me to her party yesterday and it was a clubbing event. It was all nicely planned out, with cakes and so on.

Basically, I was working yesterday and came to the club 30 minutes later all of my other cousins and friends. When I was in the line, the manager or member of management asked me why I came so I explained that I came to a cousins party and that they were inside. I called my cousin and then she told him that I'm with him, so he said no problem, 'its a free entry for you'. I felt a bit happy, and so I got back in the line and queued up.

However, as soon as I approached the bouncers, the first thing they said was 'sorry, there's too many guys inside.' I kept telling them that the manager said that I was allowed in and so on and to my luck the people behind were a friend of my cousins and so they told the bouncer that I actually did come to a party.

To my suprise, I was refused entry. So what I did was, I stood outside the queue to wait until a few guys might get kicked out. However, a few minutes later 10 guys, and yes 10 guys were allowed in just like that. I then went back to the bouncer and said 'that's not fair, how comes you let 10 guys in and you won't let me in'? The bouncer was so rude that he imitated me and started laughing and his colleagues too were laughing.

It seemed apparent that the club had something against me. Basically, I don't drink or smoke, so I wasn't drunk when I was in the queue. Also I was very smartly dressed, and the fact that I was rejected just like that without good reason seems to me that the club are racist. I'm Asian and I noticed that black guys couldn't get in either.

My mate got kicked out of the club shortly after and he called for a fight with the bouncer, but the bouncer kept laughing. However, the bouncer wasn't laughing when my mate knocked the **** out of him. Because, I wasn't allowed in, literally 30 people left the club. These 30 were my closest people and I felt so guilty that I said that I would go home alone and told them to enjoy themselves. But they refused.

My question is, why was I refused entry for no apparent reason? Also when I spoke to the manager, he was being such a pussyhole and kept saying 'I don't know. I don't know.' I mean how could you not know, its your choice of who to let in and out.
    It's clear that the bouncer was a bigot. That's 2013 Britain for you. Don't go out in cities where the majority are white, the chances of being stigmatised because of your colour increase by about 80%. I'm white, but I've witnessed a lot of racism taking place in smaller cities/towns with a white majority.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TaylorGang_4)
    It's clear that the bouncer was a bigot. That's 2013 Britain for you. Don't go out in cities where the majority are white, the chances of being stigmatised because of your colour increase by about 80%. I'm white, but I've witnessed a lot of racism taking place in smaller cities/towns with a white majority.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My cousins aren't white but they had a white friend with them.

Her white friend said that I may have been refused due to my skin colour. She's against racism and so on

ReputationRep:
    What can you do about it? Absolutely nothing. Bouncers can refuse entry into private property for any reason or none, providing that they are not discriminating on the basis of a protected characteristic (gender, race, sexual orientation etc.). You have no proof that they were discriminating, so you can do nothing.

ReputationRep:
    Don't take it personal, bouncers are generally just *****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Origami Bullets)
    What can you do about it? Absolutely nothing. Bouncers can refuse entry into private property for any reason or none, providing that they are not discriminating on the basis of a protected characteristic (gender, race, sexual orientation etc.). You have no proof that they were discriminating, so you can do nothing.
    Ruined my night though. Ruined my cousins party due to my refusal into the club.

We told management that they ruined the party.

Come on, my cousins a girl and she was so upset, and yet management are not sympathetic.

I'll tell you what I do, I will tell everyone I know about this club and tell them not to go. I will tell them to spread the word, and I will even write bad reviews about this club and so on. I want justice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blazinq)
    Don't take it personal, bouncers are generally just *****.
    Been clubbing at least 10 times in the past 7 months.

Yet have I once been refused entry. Many times, I have been complimented by bouncers for my appearance and so on, and some have even given me tips on picking up girls.

These bouncers were however very very different. Very aggressive and very rude. The bouncers work under a company and the manager of the company had a quiet word with me and my friend. He was on the other hand very friendly and apologized for my refused entry and said there wasn't much he could do. I appreciated his honesty and words, it was the bouncers actions. Not even an apology from them.

ReputationRep:
    Ruined my night though. Ruined my cousins party due to my refusal into the club.

We told management that they ruined the party.

Come on, my cousins a girl and she was so upset, and yet management are not sympathetic.

I'll tell you what I do, I will tell everyone I know about this club and tell them not to go. I will tell them to spread the word, and I will even write bad reviews about this club and so on. I want justice.
    Their actions were perfectly legal, so there is no legal avenue that you can explore to seek the justice you desire.

Telling other people about it is about all you can do, but personally I think you're better off just moving on with your life.

ReputationRep:
    They obviously have too much money. They don't need yours. Just find somewhere else to go. From my experience there's nowhere that is THAT amazing that I'd be bothered if I cold never go there again.

After all, it's your company that make a good night out, not the venue, in my opinion.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hello sorry to hear about your experience.
    firstly I must say being a doorman at a main venue in east London I know that a lot of venues refuse a lot of Asian men for no apparent reason.
    It is not your right to go into a venue
    the door staff are there to prevent anybody they do not wish to come into the venue,you have to accept the decision and frustrating as it is you will not get anywhere by arguing. You cannot do anything about it and do not have to be given a reason. The same as if someone came to your home and wanted to come in and you don't want them in you won't let them in . You don't have to give a reason. The only thing you can do is show some respect and good manners and walk away. That way you have a good chance of being admitted in the future. As for your friend striking door staff well it's unacceptable and carries 6 months sentence,ask yourself is it really worth it.

ReputationRep:
    Chav's think they dress smart...which they kind of do. You was probably dressed chavvy and you didn't realise it.

Generally chavs wear shirts, shoes and jewellery etc to make up for their insecurities of being poor, you being a minority will most likely have this insecurity and did the same.

I pretty much wear really casual clothes and always get in places...but then again I generally don't go places with a strict dress code.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by McHumpy92)
    Chav's think they dress smart...which they kind of do. You was probably dressed chavvy and you didn't realise it.

Generally chavs wear shirts, shoes and jewellery etc to make up for their insecurities of being poor, you being a minority will most likely have this insecurity and did the same.

I pretty much wear really casual clothes and always get in places...but then again I generally don't go places with a strict dress code.
    Firstly, I never dressed chavy.

How do you know or assume that I did?

I was wearing a shirt, tie, black trousers, a jumper and some black trainers for dancing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doorman1)
    Hello sorry to hear about your experience.
    firstly I must say being a doorman at a main venue in east London I know that a lot of venues refuse a lot of Asian men for no apparent reason.
    It is not your right to go into a venue
    the door staff are there to prevent anybody they do not wish to come into the venue,you have to accept the decision and frustrating as it is you will not get anywhere by arguing. You cannot do anything about it and do not have to be given a reason. The same as if someone came to your home and wanted to come in and you don't want them in you won't let them in . You don't have to give a reason. The only thing you can do is show some respect and good manners and walk away. That way you have a good chance of being admitted in the future. As for your friend striking door staff well it's unacceptable and carries 6 months sentence,ask yourself is it really worth it.
    Thanks for the advice.

I have given up clubbing all together for now.

I was discriminated against for no good reason. Unlike my mate, I decided to cooperate as I couldn't risk my studies.

I am just annoyed that being a nice student that I was refused entry

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, I never dressed chavy.

How do you know or assume that I did?

I was wearing a shirt, tie, black trousers, a jumper and some black trainers for dancing
    Sounds like something an autistic person would wear for church! Not surprised you were refused entry.

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.