Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    This is my first post so i don't know where this should be posted. I'm starting to feel like life is boring and i have been struggling to have fun in a while. I used to play video games or watch TV in my spare time( A lot of time!) but im just not having fun and feel like i am wasting my life. I also play football which takes up some time but i feel like i have too much time doing nothing or too much time revising etc.. I think a new hobby or something would do me good and keep me occupied but i don't have a clue which hobby to pick HELP ME HAVE FUN!
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    I depends what you like, so only you can really work it out. My advice is to try a few things until you find one you really like and then stick with it. And try to keep them completely different from your other hobbies/activities. Mine's Jiu Jitsu, if you wanted a specific example, which I find a great break from revision.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what to try though

ReputationRep:
    No one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SideshowLuiz)
    I don't know what to try though
    Try computer programming. I used to be pretty into games but programming is way more fun seeing as you're learning something useful whilst (hopefully) having fun. Obviously it may not appeal to you, but it could be worth a shot. Have a look on the internet for more information on programming and either look at some free tutorials or buy a book or two on a language of your choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malabarista)
    Try computer programming. I used to be pretty into games but programming is way more fun seeing as you're learning something useful whilst (hopefully) having fun. Obviously it may not appeal to you, but it could be worth a shot. Have a look on the internet for more information on programming and either look at some free tutorials or buy a book or two on a language of your choice.
    I have tried this before learning java script but it just seemed like i was making no progress and to make a basic game would take forever to make

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.