Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's the minimum number of hours sleep can you cope with? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Mine is 6 hrs, or I'm non - operational so to speak.

ReputationRep:
    5 hours. But not for many days in a row. Normally 6.

ReputationRep:
    5 hours but only if I have 9am starts. I normally sleep 8-10 hours.

ReputationRep:
    I can do 4 hours monday to friday, then catch up on the weekend.

On the first day of the Easter holidays I slept for sixteen hours, it was amazing.

ReputationRep:
    8, if I can cope with thinking stupidly for the next day. 9 if not.

ReputationRep:
    I can function for about 48 hours with no sleep, after that I begin to get erratic, tetchy and trigger happy with Nerf guns.

ReputationRep:
    use to be really good and could cope with as little as 4 hours for a night or two, but now I need atleast 7, 8 is best.

ReputationRep:
    I get by with 5-6 hours per night indefinitely, but if I pull an all-nighter I need more the next night.

ReputationRep:
    lately, because of the meds I'm on, about ten hours at night and a nap in the afternoon. XD

but as a fully functional non-drugged-up version of myself, about seven is a good night, but I can run on four.

ReputationRep:
    3 hours and I can still be lively and proactive, but only if I'm doing something interesting. I usually get about 6 though.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say at least 5 hours. Anything less than that and I'm moody moodier than normal for the rest of the day.

ReputationRep:
    I have this weird thing where if I sleep for between 4 and 7 hours I can't wake up no matter how hard I try but any more or less than that and I can wake easily and operate normally. My theory is that 4 and 7 hours is my deep sleep zone.

ReputationRep:
    5 hours for a few days then i catch up i couldnt imagine sleeping 8 hours a night to much time to waste i can sleep when im dead.

ReputationRep:
    I can function with about 6.

but I normally get 7/8.

(I do get more tired than most people though)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    8 if I want to stumble through the next day.

9 or 10 if not.

However I do suspect I might suffer from anaemia...

ReputationRep:
    I can function well with 4 hours, anything lower and I feel tired/groggy etc.

ReputationRep:
    I need at least 5/6 hours, especially on work days. If I have no work I usually get 8 hours.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I can cope on 5-7 hours, but I feel groggy and ill, and my brain feels like mashed potatoes. I like 8.5 hours-9, but I rarely get that much

ReputationRep:
    I can cope with 2-3 hours for Monday-Friday but I would be exhausted by the end and then I'd need to catch up on the sleep on the weekend. I am currently managing on about 6 hours every night though. I manage better with less sleep :/ 8 hours+ and I'll feel like **** for the rest of the day.

ReputationRep:
    Uh I can function on about 0-2 hours and quite well when I need to. I used to do this every working day and catch up on weekends. (Lack of sleep cos of insomnia)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.