Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

What's the minimum number of hours sleep can you cope with? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Need at least 7 or 8 hours to not be tired during the day, but I mostly get 5, I go bed too late and wake up too early...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ideally, 16 a night.

ReputationRep:
    6 if I want to be properly rested although I can get by with 2-3 for a few nights a week if I have to.

ReputationRep:
    I can cope with 6-7 hours sleep. Anything more than 10-11 hours, I feel really tired unless I really need sleep. Anything less than 5 and I'll be very moody!!!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I agree with most other people on here, about 5 or 6 hours at the bare minimum. I went to a friends house party lately and we stayed up until 4am then went to sleep before being woken up at 7am. I had 3 hours sleep, I never felt worse in my life. Actually couldn't cope and I had a headache all day. I would also like to add that i was sleeping across a one seated sofa beside a window so it was bloody freezing too and uncomfortable. Never again. I love my sleep , love the fact that I dream nearly every night as well.

Usually on weekdays (school) I get anywhere between 7 and 9hours sleep, on the weekend or indeed when i am off school (like now) i get as much as 12 hours or so

ReputationRep:
    I had 3 hours sleep last night and I've almost been awake for 24 hours. It's vile! I just can't seem to drop off I need my 6-7 hours!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I need at least 15

ReputationRep:
    I am pretty surprised by how little sleep most of you can get away with.

I need like a minimum of 7 hours atleast to function properly.

ReputationRep:
    I need 5-6 hours sleep to be able to function properly.

ReputationRep:
    I can cope with like 7-8 hours but preferably 9 or more. I can easily sleep for 12 hours at the weekend though

ReputationRep:
    Zero. I don't recommend it.

ReputationRep:
    Ideally 8-9, but realistically I get more like 6-7. It varies.

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.