Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    It's a friend's birthday party tonight and we are going out for drinks/meal,perhaps to a pub/club later.As usual,I've been busy and only now started to think what to wear.

I only have a few dresses and don't really have any shoes to go with them and I can't borrow any, as my friends like wearing sky high heels and I cannot walk in them to save myself or they are different sizes.

So I thought about wearing this:
    aubergine coloured sheer blouse (I'd wear a cami underneath)
    black bandage skirt
    black tights
    black suede heels (mid)
    dangly owl necklace
    Throw a leather jacket on over the top.

Not sure what to do in regards to makeup/hair as I tend to wear natural looking makeup and have no idea how to play up my eyes/lips or anything like that i.e with eyeliner for my eyes..

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it sounds really nice

As for makeup, I think because it's an evening look, darkening up the eyes would look great. There are loads of videos on youtube that can help you create a smokey/dark look or just show you how to apply eyeliner really simply.

ReputationRep:
    I think it sounds nice, however, if the skirt was a little bit longer (not bum skimming) and the shirt had sleeves, then I wouldn't wear the tights - but that's just me.

As for makeup I would either do darker eyes or darker lips. If you do a smokey eye colour (maybe try browns and a little grey as opposed to going too dark) then nice neutral lips. If you just do a little mascara and eyeliner, pop on a more 'colourful' lip colour.

ReputationRep:
    Really nice.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.