Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Do girls tell their friends everything they do with their boyfriend? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey TSR people, I'm slightly worried about my girlfriend telling her sister and her best friend about what we do and talk about when we're together. I somewhat feel that this is a breach of privacy/intimacy. What do you guys think about it?
    My guy friends never give their friends details about what they do with their girlfriend, usually they are quite evasive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shivaji)
    Hey TSR people, I'm slightly worried about my girlfriend telling her sister and her best friend about what we do and talk about when we're together. I somewhat feel that this is a breach of privacy/intimacy. What do you guys think about it?
    My guy friends never give their friends details about what they do with their girlfriend, usually they are quite evasive.
    I personally, definitely do not! I don't want my friends knowing about those kinds of things!

ReputationRep:
    I definitely don't. They don't ask anyway, but even if they did it's none of their business anyway.

Edit: I've sort of assumed what you meant by "everything", aha.
    Obviously I'll talk about him sometimes - just anecdotes, what we got up to, etc. Not anything overly personal though.

ReputationRep:
    Some people do, some people don't.

I think the more extroverted and open girls tell their friends everything (from what I heard at school and college)

ReputationRep:
    Not really a gender related issue, consider bringing this up with your girlfriend IMHO

ReputationRep:
    Depends what it is, surely?

I'll tell my friends funny anecdotes or generally what we were up to tonight if they ask, but nothing too personal.

ReputationRep:
    It's not a "yes they do" or "no they don't" situation. Some do, some don't. Even those who do have their limits. And there are those who are completely restrained.

ReputationRep:
    It depends. If they have one really strong relationship like a genuine best friend then it is likely they will tell them. It depends on the girl too I suppose.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    so long as you're doing it right you have nothing to worry about? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Some do some don't.

My very best friend who is basically family tells me everything, including the stuff I don't really wanna know :P One of my friends doesn't say anything about it. One will say what she's done, but not the details and one of my friends who I don't even know that well tells me everything as well as anyone else who asks :P

So your answer is it depends on the girl!

I personally would never go into detail about that stuff with anyone, but some people do :')

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 30, 2013
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.